• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy signs deal with ‘major publisher’ for two next-gen games

VulcanRaven

The first project is a “AAA multi-platform game” already in pre-production, the company said on Thursday, while the second is a “smaller-scale” project set in the same franchise. Both projects are being developed on Remedy’s proprietary Northlight game engine and tools.

The games will be released for next-gen consoles and PC in “the next few years,” Remedy said. The Finnish studio will retain ownership of the unannounced games’ IP, while revenue will be split with the publisher.

Could it be Alan Wake 2? They own the rights to it. Remedy should ask Rockstar if they could make Max Payne 4.

Edit: Epic Games is the publisher:

Last edited:
AW is a classic, but why you all hyping when you didnt buy it the first time? I would rather see maybe a MP reboot especially how that have reinvented the slow down and destruction that would be huge and that name carries a lot ore value than AW.

VulcanRaven

That article says also this:
More details regarding the partnership between Remedy and the publisher will be announced later today by a press release

I have a feeling the "smaller project" will be some sort of remastered/enchanced edition.
That would be awesome. I have it on 360 and PC already but I would buy it again.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Their non Max Payne IPs didn’t make a dent. I bet this is just control sequels.

I’d prefer if it was Max Payne tho ....

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Microsoft studios published Alan Wake, and they may have some rights over the IP still.
Alan Wake is 100% Remedy property.
Control Break is MS property... that is why they had to use a new name going multi platform... Control.

Last edited:

The Shepard

I'd be in for an Alan wake 2, first one was great. I found Quantum break boring. Just brought control aswell on the psn eu sale.

Nymphae

Banned
Remedy should ask Rockstar if they could make Max Payne 4.

I need this so bad. Get Sam Lake back in the roll

pO08oacY.jpeg

Shin

Banned
VulcanRaven VulcanRaven use the official source if you want - https://investors.remedygames.com/a...nt-signs-two-multi-platform-publishing-deals/

Remedy Entertainment, developer of multiple “Game of the Year” award winner Control, has signed publishing agreements with a major publisher for the company’s next two unannounced video games. The agreements specify that the publisher will fully fund game development costs and that Remedy is entitled to a 50% share of the net revenue from the games’ sales. Remedy also retains the ownership of the games’ intellectual property.

The first project is an AAA multi-platform game
already in pre-production and previously referred to as the “unannounced third project”. The second is a new smaller-scale project set in the same franchise. Both projects are being developed on Remedy’s proprietary Northlight game engine and tools.

More details regarding the partnership between Remedy and the publisher will be announced later today by a press release. The partnership extends Remedy’s strategy of creating and developing its own IP’s into long-term franchises. Both games will be launched on next generation console platforms and PC in the next few years.

Remedy’s financial outlook and guidance remain unchanged. The company estimates its revenue and operating profit to increase during 2020. Majority of the revenue and operating profit growth is expected to materialize during the second half-year period.

Orta

Banned
Deal signed with EA. Neither game meets their 80m each sales forecast, Remedy gets shut down.

Shin

Banned
So Fumito Ueda's new studio also snatched up (a deal) a EPIC Games.
Next thing you know they'll be entering console space with lower fee's than the 30% being asked :p

Last edited:

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Damn, Sony really is going multiplatform. /s Any other HipHopGamer BS out there?

So Epic, that's crazy. First they open a store, now they are a full blown publisher. Incredible deal for Remedy. Keep the IP, get 50 % of all revenue and don't spend a dime on development? Where do I sign?

Last edited:
Epic Games Publishing sounds pretty darn good for developers. Remedy and Fumito Ueda's new studio are pretty huge gets.

Edit: That announcement video is kinda cringe though. The VO sounds like a phone sex operator

Last edited:
So are their games exclusive to the Epic store? ( and not on consoles )

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Epic Games Publishing doesn't begin publishing games on console eventually as well. I think Epic is trying to take over the industry by throwing around as much money as it takes.

VulcanRaven

Its EPIC games

That deal sounds great:
  • Full creative freedom and ownership. Developers retain 100% of all intellectual property and full creative control of their work.
  • Fully-funded projects. Epic Games Publishing will cover up to 100% of development costs, from developer salaries to go-to-market expenses such as QA, localization, marketing, and all publishing costs.
  • 50/50 profit sharing. Developers earn a fair share for their work -- once costs are recouped, developers earn at least 50% of all profits.
I have nothing against Epic so this is good news.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Hmm...the possibility of Alan Wake 2 is tempting.

But I'm good with the first one...if they ever though about making a remaster.

Last edited:

This one certainly belongs to MS.

Can we take this moment to appreciate that IGN, seen by the greater pop culture as the number 1 news source of video games, got a basic fucking fact wrong and had to be called out by the developer. They literally picked up "fake news" and did no internal vetting.

Video Game media is trash.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I guess this puts to bed some of those rumors about Remedy.

Yeah, Tommy tails-from-his-ass Fisher claimed back in January that Sony had owned Remedy & Housemarque for some time. Just another fine example of what fake insider he was. :pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles:

Edit to add: If this is Alan Wake 2 this is AWESOME news.

Last edited:
Damn, man... Why is it that everywhere I see you commenting it's all about fighting for Microsoft? Do you or someone in your family work there or what? Or did Sony hurt you in your childhood?
It's less fighting for Microsoft and more quelling delusions spawned from people trying to take a bite out of them. People need their noses rubbed in the dirt, it's all checks and balances.

Last edited:

sixamp

If I read that correctly Epic is covering all costs, salaries , publishing for game development. Then once the IP all revenue goes to epic. Once epics costs are paid in full then it's a 50% 50 between the dev and epic. That doesn't souls all too great to me for a dev

makaveli60

It's less fighting for Microsoft and more quelling delusions spawned from people trying to take a bite out of them. People need their noses rubbed in the dirt, it's all checks and balances.
I don't know... I mean, I just can't understand why you and some other people (on both sides) are doing this console warring so vehemently. It's like some of you are so invested like you designed the console or something.

TheUsual

Gold Member
If I read that correctly Epic is covering all costs, salaries , publishing for game development. Then once the IP all revenue goes to epic. Once epics costs are paid in full then it's a 50% 50 between the dev and epic. That doesn't souls all too great to me for a dev

Long term vision: buy a developer on the cheap when they can't afford the bills after this setup and a project doesn't sell that well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom