• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy is remaking Max Payne 1/2 for modern consoles + PC

Justin9mm

Looks like R* didn't want to do it or too busy with GTA6 and or Remedy had pitched the idea.. Either way, don't fuck this up Remedy!

Fbh

Out of nowhere, nice!.
Loved both these games as a kid but I haven't replayed them since the Ps2 era. Will definitely be picking this up.

Extra hyped for them supposedly having a good budget and being true remakes, not like the GTA trilogy

Wait did i miss something? A certain portion of Gaf like remakes now? 🤔

When did Gaf not like remakes?
People get negative about lazy low quality "remakes" like the GTA trilogy or when we hear Sony is supposedly remaking The Last of Us which isn't really that old and has a perfectly fine remaster that's playable on Ps5.

When we get well made remakes from beloved older games with a substantial visual upgrade, like Crash, Spyro, Shadow of the Colossus, RE2, Tony Hawk, Yakuza 1, etc reactions around here are usually positive.

Last edited:

kyoji

Out of nowhere, nice!.
Loved both these games as a kid but I haven't replayed them since the Ps2 era. Will definitely be picking this up.

Extra hyped for them supposedly having a good budget and being true remakes, not like the GTA trilogy

When did Gaf not like remakes?
People get negative about lazy low quality "remakes" like the GTA trilogy or when we hear Sony is supposedly remaking The Last of Us which isn't really that old and has a perfectly fine remaster that's playable on Ps5.

When we get well made remakes from beloved older games with a substantial visual upgrade, like Crash, Spyro, Shadow of the Colossus, RE2, Tony Hawk, Yakuza 1, etc reactions around here are usually positive.
Mhmm sure

Valedix

Gold Member
Please don't be another Epic Store exclusive!
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

ButchCat

They'll have the extra pressure of making sure they play better than Max Payne 3 a non-Remedy game. No pressure.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
why would it be “woke”? there was nothing about the games that was politically incorrect, and Mona from 2 was a great female protagonist already. Or are you just looking for something to fit an agenda?
You seriously underestimate people these days.
I seen someone say Home Alone is sexist
They'll find something.

JayK47

why would it be “woke”? there was nothing about the games that was politically incorrect, and Mona from 2 was a great female protagonist already. Or are you just looking for something to fit an agenda?
Developers these days manage it quite well. I haven't played the games in a while. But anytime I play an older game or watch an older show/movie, I like to count all of the things that would not be "allowed" today. I am sure there are plenty of things that could be edited, removed, or changed to make the game more "inclusive". If they are going to do a full remake, you can count on it. Even HD versions of games are getting edited, so why would this be any different? They edited Miranda's butt out of some shots for ME legendary edition and they changed textures in the GTA trilogy, just to name a few recent examples. Sadly, I have come to expect it with any remake or updated versions of games. I wish it was not the case.

So excited for this. Some of my favourite games of all time.

I hope they opt to keep the noir comic book presentation rather than opting for in-engine cutscenes.

That, and I hope the soundtrack gets a remaster.

PsyEd

I hope they add some kinda CQC... going back n forth shooting and bullet time...got old really fast.

Fredrik

Can they take a proper remake from concept to release on these console? When is next gen starting? 2026?

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
This is great news, just started max Payne 2 again the other day and was surprised how good it still is. Now I'll hold off until the remaster hit.

Top Bottom