• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy is remaking Max Payne 1/2 for modern consoles + PC

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

Under the development agreement signed today, Remedy will develop the games as a single title for PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S using its proprietary Northlight game engine. The game's development budget will be financed by Rockstar Games, the size of which will be in line with a typical Remedy AAA-game production. Under the agreement, Remedy has a royalty opportunity after Rockstar Games has recouped its development, marketing, and other costs for distributing and publishing the game.

The project is currently in the concept development stage.

Megaton. These games are masterpieces.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Please don't anybody dare to tell me it is still april fools somewhere in the world and that it is a joke...I'm so fucking in.

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

DonJorginho

Banned
STATEMENT FROM REMEDY:

Under the development agreement signed today, Remedy will develop the games as a single title for PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S using its proprietary Northlight game engine. The game's development budget will be financed by Rockstar Games, the size of which will be in line with a typical Remedy AAA-game production. Under the agreement, Remedy has a royalty opportunity after Rockstar Games has recouped its development, marketing, and other costs for distributing and publishing the game.

The project is currently in the concept development stage.

Last edited:

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Nice.

CnsTBxt.gif

scalman

remake doesnt sound that good. i mean i dont need old controls and movements.... reboot would be right thing there. or just make something new rly.. .remakes with old controls and movements just doesnt feel right
plz dont waste time on this .. devs i mean... just dont

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I replayed both last year.
MP 1 is amazing but gameplay aged kinda badly. It's a constant quick save/load traps galore.
MP 2 though... it's still one of best games ever made.
GIVE ME THOSE REMASTERS
I think MP3 showed that these games need to do more than just shoot and dodge to be interesting. The game is probably the best third person shooter ever made but i was thoroughly bored by the end even though Rockstar really tried to give Max a good story arc. I dont know if in 2024 i can handle a 10-15 hour game with just shooting as its only interactive mechanic.

I like Control a lot more due to its metroidvania design.

Kacho

Gold Member
remake doesnt sound that good. i mean i dont need old controls and movements.... reboot would be right thing there. or just make something new rly.. .remakes with old controls and movements just doesnt feel right
A remake means they’re redoing everything. It’s a not a simple remaster.

chigstoke

Am I living some alternate reality, or transported to it?

First Splinter Cell gets a remake announced
Now this
God damn, give me Pro Skater 3 remake and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to contain the sheer amount of ejaculate I'll have amassed

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I think MP3 showed that these games need to do more than just shoot and dodge to be interesting. The game is probably the best third person shooter ever made but i was thoroughly bored by the end even though Rockstar really tried to give Max a good story arc. I dont know if in 2024 i can handle a 10-15 hour game with just shooting as its only interactive mechanic.

the tone and the story were so unique and weird. voice acting was really good. max payne 3 is a great shooter but the story and general vibe was missing the soul of the first 2 games.

what makes you think they're not gonna touch the controls? it always played weird on a controller, they are definitely gonna clean it up.

Kuranghi

Disbelief Reaction GIF

This is insane news, I can't wait to see how they handle physics and the diving and such. Even if it was just as good as Max Payne 3 it would be amazing though.

I would love it if they try to emulate the gunplay of Max Payne 3, it would be a dream come true to replay those 2 games with those mechanics. But damn, this is probably going to release until late 2024 at the earliest. Hope they bring back James McCaffrey to do the voice/motion capture and keep it as noir as the original games.

Pagusas

Elden Member

I disagree, 1 and 2 kept a captive narrative from beginning to end, they held on to their theme and identity from start to finish. 3 on the other hand was a horrible narrative, that couldn't decide if it was a Max Payne game or a cheap knockoff (thematically, not gameplay).

I think all it proves is that no matter how good the gameplay is, without a narrative foundation that is interesting and compelling, a game will eventually grow tiresome.

Top Bottom