• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy Entertainment Oyj: Strategy and objectives 2021-2025

Jemm

"Remedy has evolved into a category-defining, creative super-developer in the fast-growing global gaming industry. The company is in a strong position to start its next growth phase and aims to reach the following objectives by 2025:
  • Remedy creates several successful games and at least one major hit game.
  • Remedy owns at least three successful, growing game brands, all with long-term hit potential.
  • Remedy captures more value and builds capabilities to select the right commercial model for each game, including self-financing, self-publishing and working with strong publishing partners.
  • Remedy becomes the most attractive gaming industry employer in Europe.
  • While achieving all the above, Remedy runs a profitable and growing business, with well-managed risks.
Remedy aims to reach these objectives with the following strategic guidelines:

1. Build a portfolio of recognized, growing game brands

We create and own brands that grow over time, and out of these brands, we aim to create hit games. Each brand and game stands on its own legs and connects to a wider Remedy universe. We expand and strengthen our brands, and selectively work with world-leading partner brands.

2. Create long-engaging games in immersive and expanding worlds

We bring fresh and memorable experiences to our gamers, built on top of our world-building, storytelling, and gameplay skills. We leverage synergies across games and create new ways to engage our players longer. Each game and game world creates opportunities for expansions, sequels, and spin-offs.

3. Strengthen our position in the value chain

To capture more value in the future, we strengthen our capabilities to self-finance and self-publish selected future games, and work with strong publishing partners on certain games. We continue building capabilities and ways of working to increase the overall business potential of our games.

4. Iterate towards bigger games with professional and scalable game productions

We build and leverage synergies among our games, and game by game, iterate towards bigger games.
We continue developing our efficient multi-project model, production processes and strong execution capabilities. We develop our internal development teams and increase scalability by expanding co-development with partner studios.

5. Empower creative, world-class teams and people

We keep on investing and developing our creative, world-class people in well-functioning teams, supported by best-in-class people processes. We systematically build our employer brand and attract top talent. We enable people and teams to work efficiently, having enough autonomy and support to fully utilize and develop their special skills."
(Emphasis mine)

Source: Remedy Entertainment Oyj: Strategy and objectives 2021-2025 | Arvopaperi

My take: Not many surprises there, but seems like Remedy is planning to tie more games to the same universe while aiming bigger and bigger.

ZywyPL

Banned
All I want from Remedy is continuation of this cliffhanger:

maxresdefault.jpg

Desless1

For those who want to follow more in detail can do that as well.
Remedy's Executive Team will present the new strategy today during its Capital Markets Day webcast, which begins at 8 am ET / 1 pm GMT / 3 pm EET at https://remedy.videosync.fi/cmd-2020

Most important thing I can see is that they are focusing on more self-finance and self-publishing, which means not for sale for some time at least. Strong case for developing in their own interest and expand on "new" type of games as we have seen the last years.

Alan Wake

All I want is Alan Wake 2.

But in all honesty I'd like Remedy to try something new. They don't need to do a racing game, they could still do third person action games. I just mean they should get out of their comfort zone a little bit.

Alan Wake

Remedy are good with new IPs, but it's time to make sequels to Alan Wake and QB. Their only sequel (Max Payne 2) is probably the greatest sequel ever made.

In a way, both QB and Control are spiritual sequels to AW. They're in the same universe.

My instinct is that the two games Remedy are making with Epic currently are Alan Wake Remastered, and Alan Wake 2. I could be wrong. The big problem is that although the two games are in the same universe, and it's an existing universe, technically all of Remedy's games are in the same universe. (Except Crossfire X, I guess.)

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
I did what any sane person would do and CTRL+F'd "Max Payne". Only one mention of it in the "known for" bit at the end. What a real shame that is.

Last edited:

Denton

Controversial opinion: Quantum Break is the best Remedy game.

Yes yes I grew up with Max Payne and love him and Control and Alan Wake are great, but QB's time travelling extravaganza of a story is just so delicious.

AJUMP23

I am working my way through Control and the Old House. I think this can be a cool franchise. Lots of great ideas. I am uncertain how you would mix it up in a sequel because while the Old House is interesting, I think they would need some more mechanics.

Rikkori

They are gonna be bought out by sony or ms, no way they will survive on there own,
Sony is about big blockbuster titles, and also they're in fucking Finland. Rest assured Sony won't be interested at all. As for Microsoft - doubtful. There's a reason they went from an Xbox studio to multiplatform.

Top Bottom