• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Regretful Orgasm

Talking with a like minded coworker, he was telling me how he's had a migraine all day. He said (paraphrasing) "you've never had a migraine like these, they're bad". So I told him my story. One day when I was like 22 or 23, I was jerking off for the second time of that day(yeah yea, whatever), and as soon as i busted a nut, the ABSOLUTE worst pain I've ever experienced started pulsating in my head for almost 2 minutes straight. It was twice as painful as any thing I'd experienced then, and since. If I had a gun, i would have shot myself in my head. Debilitating, unable to move, or see kind of pain. What the hell was that? Anyone else had that, or am I alone?

Prison Mike

Banned
WOer59n.gif

What exactly is an orgasm headache?

Imagine this: You’re in the heat of the moment, then all of a sudden you feel severe throbbing in your head as you’re about to orgasm. The pain lasts for several minutes, or maybe it lingers for a couple of hours.

What you may have experienced is known as an orgasm headache, a rare — but often harmless — type of sex headache that happens before or at the moment of sexual release.

What do sex headaches feel like?

An orgasm headache is one of two types of sex headaches. You’ll know you’re having an orgasm headache if you feel a sudden, severe, throbbing pain in your head before or during sexual release.

The second type is a sexual benign headache. Sexual benign headaches start as a dull pain in the head and neck that builds up as you become more sexually aroused, leading to a painful headache.

Some people may experience both types of headaches at once. They usually last several minutes, but some headaches can continue for hours or even up to three days.

Sex headaches can happen as a one-time attack or in clusters over a few months. Up to half of all people who have sex headaches have them over a six-month period. Some research has shown that up to 40 percent of all sex headaches are chronic and occur for more than a year.

What causes a sex headache?

Although sex headaches can occur at any point during sexual activity, the two types actually have different causes.

A sexual benign headache happens because the increase in sexual excitement causes the muscles to contract in your head and neck, resulting in head pain. A orgasm headache, on the other hand, occurs because of a spike in blood pressure that causes your blood vessels to dilate. Movement makes orgasm headaches worse.

Who gets sex headaches?

and 3 others and 3 others

Last edited:

Sakura

I've gotten headaches before from that. It usually is like, I already have a very light headache or hurt my neck sleeping weird or something, and probably the sudden muscle contractions sets everything off. I dunno.

SirTerry-T

The ironic thing would have been having to resort to 'Glazing Your Knuckles" because your other half trotted out the old "Not tonight luv, I've got a headache" routine.

Top Bottom