• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie Fils-Aimé joins Rogue Games as 'Strategic Advisor'

Kdad

rogue-games-150x150.jpeg

Former Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aimé has joined digital developer-publisher Rogue Games as a strategic advisor to its board of directors, as the Los Angeles-based firm seeks to expand its primarily mobile portfolio to include console and PC titles. Fils-Aimé’s appointment follows a USD$2m (£1.6m) funding round led by Runa Capital in May this year to further expand the company’s services in assisting independent developers to release their titles on console/PC platforms.

Speaking to TheGamingEconomy, Fils-Aimé commented, “Everyone was once sketching ideas, or staying up late at night thinking of worlds and challenges that no one had dreamed of before. I think indies are the incubators where future game greatness is evolving. I look forward to advising Rogue to achieve this greatness.”

Jeeves

For a retired guy he seems busy!

It's funny because when he was at Nintendo I was never completely sure how much he actually liked games; sometimes it was hard to tell whether it was Reggie talking or the COO of NoA. But I guess he really did have some passion in him.

Quasicat

So did the GameStop thing not pan out? He’s probably just broadening his Board of Directors portfolio.

Seriously, I truly hope I’m that busy when I retire.

Kdad

So did the GameStop thing not pan out? He’s probably just broadening his Board of Directors portfolio.

Seriously, I truly hope I’m that busy when I retire.

According to WSJ still holds 3 board memberships including GameStop

Ryu Kaiba

Glad he's keeping busy but I can't help but consider if all this work means him leaving Nintendo wasn't entirely his decision after all.

MastaKiiLA

Glad he's keeping busy but I can't help but consider if all this work means him leaving Nintendo wasn't entirely his decision after all.
These are basically consulting gigs. Low effort jobs that probably provide shares in the company in exchange for providing expertise on improving the business in certain areas. It's also probably hard for some people to fully retire. Running a successful business is a bit of a rush, and guys like this sometimes dabble in smaller companies to see if they can strike gold with some of the tricks they learned at the larger corporations. I'd like to think that's the case here, anyway.

Top Bottom