• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie Fils-Aimé Joins New York Videogame Critics Circle Board

Mista

Banned
Reggie.jpg

Ex-Nintendo of America president and chief operating officer Reggie Fils-Aimé joins the board of the New York Videogame Critics Circle, the organization announced today.

The New York Videogame Critics Circle is a non-profit organization of various video game critics, reporters, designers, and videographers in New York City that offer mentoring and other opportunities for students.
“Drawing from my years of experience in the gaming industry for having a big picture perspective, and from my roots as a kid from the Bronx, joining the New York Videogame Critics Circle board of directors feels like a natural fit,” said Fils-Aimé in the press release. “I have an admiration for the work that the NYVGCC has accomplished in giving back to communities since its inception and can’t wait to jump in and contribute to the success of the organization.”

Speaking with Polygon, Fils-Aimé did not give specifics about what his new role entails as programs are being finalized, but said he is looking to help the organization grow.

He will also be mentoring students at Cornell University over the upcoming year with his first lecture, “Reggie’s Principles for Next-Generation Leaders,” scheduled for Oct. 21.
Twinfinite

-Arcadia-

Banned
This dude is having a very active retirement, lol. That’s cool, though — I like Reggie. I’m glad all these doors are opening for him.

joe_zazen

Reggie.jpg

Ex-Nintendo of America president and chief operating officer Reggie Fils-Aimé joins the board of the New York Videogame Critics Circle, the organization announced today.

The New York Videogame Critics Circle is a non-profit organization of various video game critics, reporters, designers, and videographers in New York City that offer mentoring and other opportunities for students.

Speaking with Polygon, Fils-Aimé did not give specifics about what his new role entails as programs are being finalized, but said he is looking to help the organization grow.

He will also be mentoring students at Cornell University over the upcoming year with his first lecture, “Reggie’s Principles for Next-Generation Leaders,” scheduled for Oct. 21.
Twinfinite

Wow, that guy has a lot of kids.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Always nice to see the man is still sticking around in the gaming scene with his own personal interests. One of the few execs/figure heads I actually admire.

Last edited by a moderator:

RavageX

Always nice to see the man is still sticking around in the gaming scene with his own personal interests. One of the few execs/figure heads I actually admire.

I have to agree, rare to have a respectable figure in those types of positions.

Top Bottom