• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

News Reggie Fils-Aimé Appointed to GameStop Board of Directors

decisions

Jun 16, 2015
Better start buying GME while it’s cheap - if anyone can turn this around it’s him.

Also Gamestop’s new ideas are great, they just have to survive long enough to implement them.

JordanN

Banned
Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
weird that he decided to get into a sinking ship, maybe he feels that it is salvageable...
To play Devil's advocate, he joined Nintendo when Gamecube wasn't doing so well.

LOLCats

Sep 5, 2013
Celebrity board member, or big ideas guy going to turn it all around?

i feel like gamestop could still be totally viable, but only if they changed their scammy practices and policies. otherwise nobody will be able to save that shithole.

Last edited:

Vitter.

Feb 14, 2013
To play Devil's advocate, he joined Nintendo when Gamecube wasn't doing so well.

True, but remember that now we are talking about a major shift in paradigm, not just an unbalanced and missmanaged company.

Zog

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I've said it all along and I'll say it again. Gamestop needs to stock retro games and consoles in their stores, stuff that can't be bought digitally.

Last edited:

wtftad

Jun 6, 2014
Probably a bad sign for good ole' Babbages here......

He is most likely being appointed to the board for name recognition and contacts in the industry. Bolstering your management portfolio can do wonders when you are trying to sell a company.

Last edited:

Gargus

Banned
Oct 1, 2018
Dont care. I still won't shop at lamestop. It's a shit company and he won't change that.

Zog

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Dont care. I still won't shop at lamestop. It's a shit company and he won't change that.
Lamestop? What is this, elementary school? Anyway, Gamestop certainly can change.

Last edited:

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019

Guess that makes two places.

After Reggie Fils-Aimé announced his departure from Nintendo of America last year, the former NoA president has been quite active in making sporadic introductions and becoming a member of the GameStop board of directors. However, this will not be the only one that Reggie will do from now on, as It will be part of the toy company Spin Master.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

Kdad

Sep 20, 2018
So 250k/year with GameStop...now SpinMaster...maybe he knows GS is a short term gig.