• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie Fils-Aimé Appointed to GameStop Board of Directors

decisions

Better start buying GME while it’s cheap - if anyone can turn this around it’s him.

Also Gamestop’s new ideas are great, they just have to survive long enough to implement them.

JordanN

Banned
weird that he decided to get into a sinking ship, maybe he feels that it is salvageable...
To play Devil's advocate, he joined Nintendo when Gamecube wasn't doing so well.

E6AWj2h.jpg

LOLCats

Banned
Celebrity board member, or big ideas guy going to turn it all around?

i feel like gamestop could still be totally viable, but only if they changed their scammy practices and policies. otherwise nobody will be able to save that shithole.

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
I've said it all along and I'll say it again. Gamestop needs to stock retro games and consoles in their stores, stuff that can't be bought digitally.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Probably a bad sign for good ole' Babbages here......

He is most likely being appointed to the board for name recognition and contacts in the industry. Bolstering your management portfolio can do wonders when you are trying to sell a company.

Last edited:

saintjules

Guess that makes two places.

After Reggie Fils-Aimé announced his departure from Nintendo of America last year, the former NoA president has been quite active in making sporadic introductions and becoming a member of the GameStop board of directors. However, this will not be the only one that Reggie will do from now on, as It will be part of the toy company Spin Master.

Last edited:
Top Bottom