• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redout 2 - Announce Trailer

Bullet Club

The fastest game in the universe is back! Announcing REDOUT 2. The next generation anti-gravity racer. Get ready to experience ⚡️ lightning-fast speed, 🤩 stunning futuristic visuals, and a 🔊 killer soundtrack. Coming 2022.

Redout 2 is the next generation of the award-winning series where racing through the dystopian wastelands of Earth is one of the galaxy’s most popular sports. A tribute to classic AG racing legends like Wipeout and F-Zero, Redout 2 carries on this legacy with lightning-fast speed, adrenaline, and action combined with stunning visuals and audio. Reach impossible speeds in exhilarating futuristic races across an expansive single-player campaign and competitive online multiplayer featuring in-depth controls, robust hover ship customization, and a killer original soundtrack.

Features: - Speed and Control: With blazing-fast speeds of over 1,000 km/h and an intuitive driving system, Redout 2 is a blast to pick up and play, but truly rewarding for any who can master its super-high skill ceiling.

- Extensive Career Mode: Fly through hundreds of events across 36 unique racetracks

- all of which are reversible! From Arena Races and Time Attacks to Last Man Standing and intense Boss Races, dart past the competition and dominate the finish line.

- Competitive Multiplayer: Take on rivals in intense online multiplayer. Dive into fresh challenges with regularly added custom content and seasons featuring bonus aesthetic rewards.

- Comprehensive Customization: Choose from 12 distinct chassis and fully customize your own hover ship with an incredible selection of propulsors, stabilizers, rudders, intercoolers, flaps, magnets, wings, spoilers, rocket engines, paints, and more!

Developed by 34BigThings and published by Saber Interactive.

Fahdis

I just recently played this. What an amazing game. Its probably a lot better from Wipeout in terms of speed and race. But the vehicular combat lacking from this, Wipeout has it beat. But the sense of speed at 120 Fps is literally just godlike. So excited for this.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
What do you mean Redout 2?

First we get a suprise sequel to Space Marine, now youre telling me we are also getting a sequel to Redout.
Someone gifted me Redout had never heard of it but ended up actually really liking it.
I guess it sold enough to warrant a sequel.

Mercador

Do you remember a PC game like this, but with tunnels and speed over 1K, it was turning white as fast as you were going. Thanks!

Larxia

I wish they would make a game based on the Redline anime.
Redline was great!

Imagine if they'd also somehow manage to get a result that ressemble the art style of the movie (not a cheap last minute cell shading filter that just makes the image dirty though, an actual real art style), that would be insane.

freefornow

Gold Member
Bought Redout for Xbox and struggled with controls. Does the game still require you to control pitch and roll as you speed along tracks? From memory i found that difficult compared to Wipeout where ship "hovered" above track and you turned or brake turned.
Yeah, i know "gitgud" but i lost patience.
Am i misremembering?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Redout 2 is the fastest racing game in the universe! Welcome to a future where humanity’s best pilots take anti-gravity ships from zero to light speed!

Redout 2 is the future of racing, rocketing out the gate with 36 unique tracks – each of which can be played in reverse for a grand total of 72 tracks in all. Strafe, tilt and boost through mind-bending, jaw-dropping courses in a variety of game modes, including an expansive single-player campaign and competitive online multiplayer for up to 12 players on PC, PlayStation and Xbox One, and up to six players on Nintendo Switch. Customize your hovership with a massive selection of options, and feel the rush with a challenge tailored to your preferences with Redout 2’s advanced calibration system.

Key Features:

– Speed & Control: With blazing-fast speeds of over 1,000 km/h and an intuitive driving system, Redout 2 is a blast to pick up and play, but truly rewarding for any who can master its super-high skill ceiling.

– Extensive Career Mode: Fly through hundreds of events across 36 unique racetracks – all of which are reversible! From Arena Races and Time Attacks to Last Man Standing and intense Boss Races, dart past the competition and dominate the finish line.

– Competitive Multiplayer: Take on rivals in intense online multiplayer. Dive into fresh challenges with regularly added custom content and seasons featuring bonus rewards.

– Comprehensive Customization: Choose from 12 distinct chassis and fully customize your hovership with an incredible selection of propulsors, stabilizers, rudders, intercoolers, flaps, magnets, wings, spoilers, rocket engines, paints and more!

– Experience a futuristic soundtrack from leading electronic artists like the legendary Giorgio Moroder and acclaimed talents such as Zardonic and Dance with the Dead, with music seamlessly and dynamically mixed based on real-time race data.

– Create and share your best high-speed moments with Redout 2’s Photo Mode.

Redout 2 will launch on Steam, the Epic Games Store, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch later this year.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Redout 2 is a fast-paced anti-gravity racer that has released its second premium DLC called the "Winter Pack". The Winter Pack DLC brings racers to the glacial plains and lava-stricken canyons of Mercury for high-speed action with some seriously dramatic temperature shifts. The brand-new Terror Rupes environment includes four original tracks* – three base courses and a boss track – all of which are reversible. There are also 28 new career events, 29 bonus items such as liveries, colors, cosmetics, and more. Redout 2's Winter Pack is available now for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X, and PC with a Nintendo Switch release at a later date.

Top Bottom