• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RedLetterMedia |OT| Is This OT Replacing the Other OT?

It was just the way he said "I can't take shatner posting pictures of me on twitter and calling me a moron" that just hit my funny bone bad for some reason.

I'm sure Mike doesn't really care and that Shatner was just trolling an never would've gone on their shows even if they were verbally felating him for 2 hours anyway.

I'm sure RLM fans can be unbearable with bugging people to go on their shows though.
I don't know, he sounded awfully defeated when he said that. I laughed too but, like I said, I can't help but feel bad as well. It's like a "never meet your heroes" moment was forced upon him lol

As for appearing on the show, yeah I'm sure it was never in the cards. If Mack can't convince Shatner to come on, no one can! :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Jon Neu

Banned
Shatner looks like a douche. Mike was clearly heart broken that one of his idols mocked him in front of the entire world to see.

By the way, I was watching some old RLM videos and I stumbled with this treasure:

Not only we have the habitual ugly Jay in those old videos, but also Jack with hair! Or at least, some of it.

I also discovered that Cuckmann ripped the ending of Deadly Prey for TLOU2.

And stole the plot from Miami Connection.

Last edited:

O-N-E

Oh....oh my.

XgL5VEx.png

Last edited:

s_mirage

If this isn't some massive troll by Shatner and RLM, I've lost quite a lot of respect for Shatner. If RLM fans have been harassing him, that's out of order, but this whole affair seems to stem from Shatner mistaking a couple of obvious jokes for actual expressions of offence by RLM. Maybe it's age slowing the faculties, maybe it's just someone who can't admit that he made a mistake, but Bill's making an ass of himself over this.

Futaleufu

If this isn't some massive troll by Shatner and RLM, I've lost quite a lot of respect for Shatner. If RLM fans have been harassing him, that's out of order, but this whole affair seems to stem from Shatner mistaking a couple of obvious jokes for actual expressions of offence by RLM. Maybe it's age slowing the faculties, maybe it's just someone who can't admit that he made a mistake, but Bill's making an ass of himself over this.

They doubled down on the harassment after the RLM video, that's why Shatner wrote the piece.
I don't get people blaming Shatner over this. He may be an arrogant asshole but if he doesn't care about RLM that's his prerrogative. His only mistake so far was writing that piece without watching the latest video. He even has a point about the "monetization of hate", considering that the RLM hardcore fans are most likely putting the bulk of money in Patreon.

Lanrutcon

They doubled down on the harassment after the RLM video, that's why Shatner wrote the piece.
I don't get people blaming Shatner over this. He may be an arrogant asshole but if he doesn't care about RLM that's his prerrogative. His only mistake so far was writing that piece without watching the latest video. He even has a point about the "monetization of hate", considering that the RLM hardcore fans are most likely putting the bulk of money in Patreon.

I haven't read your post, but I am so calling you out on that insane hateboner you have for Shatner. It's shocking, and my blog post will show why you're an asshole. Vaguely, I mean. Without actually reading your response it's all I can do. You're still in the wrong though!

Futaleufu

I haven't read your post, but I am so calling you out on that insane hateboner you have for Shatner. It's shocking, and my blog post will show why you're an asshole. Vaguely, I mean. Without actually reading your response it's all I can do. You're still in the wrong though!

If your blog post gets published on medium I'm fucked, I'm not a celebrity and my social contacts aren't good enough to match your output. And that will be the end of the whole affair. Maybe some of my relatives can call you out on the comments but I doubt you are going to read them, you didn't read my response after all.

Lanrutcon

If your blog post gets published on medium I'm fucked, I'm not a celebrity and my social contacts aren't good enough to match your output. And that will be the end of the whole affair. Maybe some of my relatives can call you out on the comments but I doubt you are going to read them, you didn't read my response after all.

I haven't read your reply, but since our last exchange some random people who you don't know (but are loosely familiar with you) sent me some e-mails that confused and frightened me. My next blog post will be holding you responsible for their behavior, making several assumptions about your work/way of life and will escalate your asshole status. I'm sure your reply confirmed all of the above, hence making it unnecessary for me to actually read your responses. How dare you.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
good stuff.

ive been thinking. between Star Wars and Star Trek. RLM is Gen Xers isn't it?

i was born in 1981 but always thought of Gen Xers as slightly older than me, remember the late 70s, etc.

anyways they have strong Gen Xer vibes. like Half in the Bag is a lot like Beavis and Butthead.

bender

What time is it?
good stuff.

ive been thinking. between Star Wars and Star Trek. RLM is Gen Xers isn't it?

i was born in 1981 but always thought of Gen Xers as slightly older than me, remember the late 70s, etc.

anyways they have strong Gen Xer vibes. like Half in the Bag is a lot like Beavis and Butthead.

You are Gen X. Be grateful, it's been all downhill since our generation.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I can’t watch at the moment. Do they include the ep with the time loop? Cause and Effect it is called. Blew my mind first time through the series.

Also the first Barklay episode is genius. Almost the opposite of a Mary Sue

#Phonepunk#

Banned
yech they picked some stinkers. imo trying to seem smart, they picked some of the more cerebral, but less fun, eps. the episode where Picard is stuck in an elevator with kids? and Troi takes over the ship? are you shitting me?

Last edited:

frostyxc

yech they picked some stinkers. imo trying to seem smart, they picked some of the more cerebral, but less fun, eps. the episode where Picard is stuck in an elevator with kids? are you shitting me?
Guh-durr! Did you just spoil an episode on their list before I watched it? How dare you not take into account my extreme narcissism when posting!

Seriously, though, I like that episode. It's not the greatest ever, but it's fun to see Picard still hate kids, but just a micron less... and he didn't have to violently murder anyone to accomplish the mission. Not like now... *big sigh*

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Barclay tho that one is one of my absolute top faves

he is like the anti Mary Sue. An awkward human in a world full of perfect space people

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Cause and Effect is a good call though. I love that one so much it’s like a Christopher Nolan movie

I like the first Barclay the most, where he is really awkard and addicted to the holodeck. It’s kind of a meta idea but I think it works. His awkwardness is why I like the character.

Really love Rich’s picks. I love this show, and think everyone should watch the whole run, it is that good.

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
As for their TNG picks, many of them are clearly not top-10 material but were chosen simply as excuse to talk about something (like Rich picking Who Watches the Watchers?, because he transparently feels that nu-Trek has reversed its ethical stance. But it's not really a top-tier episode by a long shot). Honestly, I'd prefer for that reason that they drop the whole "Top 10 list" ruse and simply make "Mike and Rich talk about more Trek episodes." Who cares why they picked them or if they are the best of the show, the point is to have a conversation.

A few random great ones that they skipped over, from the top of my head:
- The Inner Light
- All Good Things (I love it, particularly the ending; compare it to the films that followed so poorly after)
- Phantasms (celular peptide cake)
- Darmok
- Sarek (top-5 Patrick Stewart performance of his career)

4) Rascals
3) Ensign Ro

Bit of a cultured Ro fan, I take it?

VHdvlG.jpg

Conundrum is my guilty pleasure.

Last edited:
So I watched Money Plane last night.

Honestly, it's not as bad as they made it sound... but it is pretty boring (which was my inital assessment) and by-the-numbers. It feels like 95% of the budget went into hiring "big" name actors, because the production quality is all over the place.

"Darius Emmanual Grouch III" is probably the best name I've ever heard in fiction, though.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
man Shatner has been going off. not on them but on woke Twitter. dude is a master class troll.

would be a dream for him to feature on RLM. alas i fear the whole experience may have turned him off.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
man Shatner has been going off. not on them but on woke Twitter. dude is a master class troll.

would be a dream for him to feature on RLM. alas i fear the whole experience may have turned him off.
Its crazy how respectful Mike and the gang would be if they really did get Shatner to appear.

Top Bottom