• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RedLetterMedia |OT| Is This OT Replacing the Other OT?

lol @ the celebrity roasting in the beginning :messenger_tears_of_joy:

giphy.gif

So funny

Ah Freaked. Was one of those movies nobody ever heard of so only my close friends and I could quote it to each other at inappropriate times. One of my friends actually had those promotional figues but he threw them all away... That Disney comment at the end was kinda depressing. Glad I bought the dvd when it was still available.

Feels like only yesterday when I first rented it from Odyssey Video along with The Guyver vol. 3. =P

GreyHorace

Those opening bits trashing vapid celebrities for their tone deaf reaction to this Covid-19 crisis is some of the funniest shit they've done.

I know some sensitive people will probably trash them for making light of the Pandemic with their comic bits. I say, fuck it. I need some comedy in my life during these grim times and what better to enjoy it than from two beer swilling movie critics who don't give a fuck about political correctness?

Naibel

Fucking hell, the intro :messenger_grinning_squinting: ! They just don't care anymore and I love it ! Thank god I don't follow celebs on Instagram, or I would be just as pissed as they are.

Looking forward to see "Invisible Man", with all those positive reviews. I like my movies with a subdued, "Show, don't tell" approach. I mean, my favorite game is basically "Show, don't tell : the Video Game". And it deals with similar themes as well.

Seems like they put out the BTS video because Space Cop is now available to rent on Prime Video... though I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone but the most hardcore RLM fans.
Have you seen Space Cop? Looks hilarious. I'll probably at least rent it to support them.
Like I said, if you consider yourself one of the most hardcore RLM fans and need to watch everything they put out, then by all means... but don't do it just because you feel some obligation to "support" them. If you're watching their YouTube videos then you're already supporting them in some form. Mind you, this applies to any content creator, not just RLM.

So yeah, I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a waste of money but.. in these trying times, there's better uses for your money lol

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i wouldn't mind watching it cos i genuinely like trash movies. but it's a thin line to walk when someone is a fan on bad movies and they make a movie themselves.

usually the best bad movies come from people trying to actually make a good movie, but failing spectacularly.

then again, i enjoy just about everything else they do.

Yu Furealdo

I bought Space Cop on blu-ray when it came out and it was painfully boring. You can tell that they didn't have any energy to improvise/act well due to having to handle all the production stuff themselves. It doesn't even come close to meeting the standards of their HitB skits.

If you support them, I would recommend just getting some of their glasses or a t-shirt or w/e. At least they might have some use.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Seems like they put out the BTS video because Space Cop is now available to rent on Prime Video... though I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone but the most hardcore RLM fans.

Like I said, if you consider yourself one of the most hardcore RLM fans and need to watch everything they put out, then by all means... but don't do it just because you feel some obligation to "support" them. If you're watching their YouTube videos then you're already supporting them in some form. Mind you, this applies to any content creator, not just RLM.

So yeah, I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a waste of money but.. in these trying times, there's better uses for your money lol
Fair enough. I find them hilarious when they're bullshitting in reviews so I figured a bad movie made by them would be fun. I'll consider a rental.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

It must be better than avgn movie right? THat was horrible

It must be better than avgn movie right? THat was horrible
Well, I didn't think the AVGN Movie was horrible... it was a shlocky B-movie about E.T. for Atari, which is exactly what they were aiming for.

So no, in my opinion, the AVGN Movie is better than Space Cop.

Edit: Out of curiosity I decided to check out the IMDB ratings for each movie:
AVGN Movie: 5.6
Space Cop: 5.2
So there you go: AVGN Movie is exactly .4 points better than Space Cop. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Well, I didn't think the AVGN Movie was horrible... it was a shlocky B-movie about E.T. for Atari, which is exactly what they were aiming for.

So no, in my opinion, the AVGN Movie is better than Space Cop.

Edit: Out of curiosity I decided to check out the IMDB ratings for each movie:
AVGN Movie: 5.6
Space Cop: 5.2
So there you go: AVGN Movie is exactly .4 points better than Space Cop. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
holy shit 5.6 is 5.0 too much for avgn movie. I enjoyed it in a hurtful way but cmon :D

Senua

I feel the skits are getting back to the early days of HitB with the last couple, especially the newest one. yay!

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I was watching a bunch of Pre Rec and came upon one of their earlier shows Game Station 2.0. There are only a few episodes but it’s funny you can see their style start to develop. it’s interesting to see actual women in their videos. I never realised what a sausage party the channel is nowadays hahah.

Kind of weird to hear Rich Evans just read a po faced game review. The more improv style way they use now is better.

Last edited:
I was watching a bunch of Pre Rec and came upon one of their earlier shows Game Station 2.0. There are only a few episodes but it’s funny you can see their style start to develop. it’s interesting to see actual women in their videos. I never realised what a sausage party the channel is nowadays hahah.

Kind of weird to hear Rich Evans just read a po faced game review. The more improv style way they use now is better.

I didn't discover Previously Recorded until long after I was watching RLM. Why did the channel/show end? Seemed to get decent views. I love their vids, even though I love Alien Isolation and they torched it

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

They need to do these again.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Previously recorded was the best.
Their alien isolation review is goat and I agree with it so much.
But their uncharted 3 review is unfair af. It's not as simple as they describe. There is a lot of great gameplay in it and it's worth playing even for graphics, story and action alone. But they just put it in the "it's a movie" box and it's shit.

Fox Mulder

I didn't discover Previously Recorded until long after I was watching RLM. Why did the channel/show end? Seemed to get decent views. I love their vids, even though I love Alien Isolation and they torched it

they said it wasn’t really growing much and they could spend the time on other things. They also seemed to grow to dislike their repetitive live stream interactions with fans asking dumb shit.

Jesus, The Wrong Missy is exactly why I stopped giving Netflix money. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself with the knowledge that my money went towards horrible Adam Sandler movies.

But yeah, I was hoping they'd review The Vast of Night because I think they'd gush over it.

Top Bottom