• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RedLetterMedia |OT| Is This OT Replacing the Other OT?

Melon Husk

I still love these guys and I appreciate the sacrifice of fermenting the product that is "Picard" into a form that is palatable. RLM's critical takes turn bad grapes into fine wine. Miraculous.

Re: latest episode: Quad kid was a little nervous and awkward at first but in the end OK. The final 5 seconds of Jack & Jack was worth the mediocre setup. Far cry from the other famous kid, I couldn't even watch that one fully before it got deleted from yt.

Last edited:
I still love these guys and I appreciate the sacrifice of fermenting the product that is "Picard" into a form that is palatable. RLM's critical takes turn bad grapes into fine wine. Miraculous.

Re: latest episode: Quad kid was a little nervous and awkward at first but in the end OK. The final 5 seconds of Jack & Jack was worth the mediocre setup. Far cry from the other famous kid, I couldn't even watch that one fully before it got deleted from yt.
If you're talking about the Max Landis episode, it wasn't deleted. It's just unlisted now.

It's still a pretty damn good video, despite Max Landis' appearance - same as the one with Patton Oswalt. The RLM guys seem to be able to make anything and anyone palatable, not just NuTrek!

As far as I know, the only video they've 'deleted' so far is the Diamond Fox vs White Cobra one, because the director kept taking them down.

...but RLM fans keep uploading it on alternate channels:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I'm disappointed they didn't mention Bruce Campbell at all. Mike liked it more than Jay. Not too surprised about that. What I am surprised about is that Mike liked the last few Spiderman movies so much.

These will probably be their only takes on Obi-Wan, because Jay called it quits halfway through the first episode lol

Actually, I thought that was one of the better scenes. At least the lightsaber scene at the very beginning of the series looks good when compared to the fight scenes between Obi-Wan and Vader in episode 3 of the series.

Last edited:
Actually, I thought that was one of the better scenes. At least the lightsaber scene at the very beginning of the series looks good when compared to the fight scenes between Obi-Wan and Vader in episode 3 of the series.
He's specifically talking about the digital camera shake they added. It looks cheap and amateurish.

They’re dead right about Star Wars not mattering anymore.

It’s just soulless factory line product now, to fill the digital streaming shelf. That’s why I’ve not bothered with watching it. None of it matters.

Yeah I remember there was already a cynical view of Star Wars during the prequel era for plastering the ip on any random product they could sell but now it the whole thing just feels like fast food or something.

Not having watched this show, it was interesting how Jay thought it was crap while Rich and Mike liked it. And yet, Rich was the only one of the two that seemed to unironically like it while Mike seemed to enjoy it in that Ghost Adventures way. I mean back to back Mike quotes "I love the fact the show looks cheap", "I love the fact I feel bad for watching it", "And I feel bad for enjoying it". And he recommended it. What a ringing endorsement. =P

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Yeah I remember there was already a cynical view of Star Wars during the prequel era for plastering the ip on any random product they could sell but now it the whole thing just feels like fast food or something.

Not having watched this show, it was interesting how Jay thought it was crap while Rich and Mike liked it. And yet, Rich was the only one of the two that seemed to unironically like it while Mike seemed to enjoy it in that Ghost Adventures way. I mean back to back Mike quotes "I love the fact the show looks cheap", "I love the fact I feel bad for watching it", "And I feel bad for enjoying it". And he recommended it. What a ringing endorsement. =P

The main thing is none of them are invested in Star Wars any more. It’s easy to enjoy cheap, corporate shit if you don’t care that much 😂 They would be pasting it, if the franchise hadn’t already completely shit the bed. But as it stands, it’s probably hard for them to get angry with the stuff anymore, because really, who cares? I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything not watching it, and that’s kinda sad.

That point they make about so many shows feeling like you're being conned really hits home. Just tell your damn story and be done with it, you don't have to stretch it out for several seasons because it'll 'fill the shelf' for <insert streaming service here>. That's why I'm one of the few people worried about where Severance will go. I loved 90% of the season, but the way it ended just reminded me that I'm watching a product for a streaming service, designed to be stretched out as long as possible to keep people subscribing. Sigh.

But I digress... Kenobi looks like crap so I'm with Jay on this one. Well, except for his praise for Mandalorian, which I had to turn off in the 2nd or 3rd episode when Baby Yoda used the force to levitate a boulder or something

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
They’re dead right about Star Wars not mattering anymore.

It’s just soulless factory line product now, to fill the digital streaming shelf. That’s why I’ve not bothered with watching it. None of it matters.

Loves the indepth analysis of mistakes In all their forms

Just wanted to give a shout out to this YouTube channel that makes really great videos of RLM's commentary tracks, accompanied with related trivia and clips. They uploaded a video of RLM's Army of Darkness commentary last night and it's very good.

Or if you just want to listen & watch along to RLM commentary tracks for yourself: https://redlettermedia.bandcamp.com/audio

I watched Halloween along with their track but I just couldn't get through Batman & Robin. It was worse than I remembered. Thank god for this YT channel making the experience palatable:

Mike losing his shit over old people is always funny.

At first I thought he went pure evil laughing at that one old lady but it made sense when he explained himself later. Also Tim managed to not get completely shitfaced this time. =P

Some good content this time which made for a fun episode

That's 3 times now we've been prevented from seeing that Make Your own Haunted House tape. I know it's going to suck but my curiosity to see it is too strong.

Top Bottom