• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RedGamingTech AMD Super Resolution DOUBLES Performance - FidelityFX Leak

llien

TL;DW

• Super Resolution requires to be programmed into the engine, either by game or engine devs
  • Up to Double performance seen in the games testing this functionality in an Alpha state.
  • NVidia Adds DLSS into Unreal Engine as a plugin
  • 7nm to 5nm not appearing to be viable for the likes of a PS5 Pro
  • Sony has booked time with AMD's custom solution team (E.g.; Semi-Custom designs/console) to review options; Potentially for PS5 slim on 3nm.
  • Appears to be movement to 5nm - SweClockers
    • Silicon capacity 2021 per Month
      • 7nm 140,000
      • 5nm 105,000 (Apple >50%)
      • 3nm 30,000
    • Silicon capacity 2023-24 per Month
      • 7nm 160,000
      • 5nm 160,000
      • 3nm 105,000 (Apple to begin moving to 3nm?)

Chessmate

Banned
Watched the analysis again to get some further insights. Things I may have missed the first time. Just watch and learn, to be able to contribute to the high level discussions here on Gaf, lead by some truly remarkable minds from all over the world. 🥸

Some well thought out points he raises. I'm also starting to believe that this guy has some insider knowledge, since he repeatedly mentions it. 🤔 What struck me again though is his t-shirt...could it be he woke up that morning, couldn't find a clean shirt and decided to cut a hole in his bedsheet and wear it?

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
Act 1,

Every same blind sceptic in this thread 7 months ago:

> AMD will never reach 2080ti rasterization AND raytracing performance
> AMD rumored GPU speeds above 2.5ghz are a lie because Nvidia can't do it.

Act 2,

AMD launches 6900xt:

> I only play raytracing!
> AMD will never do DLSS!

Act 3,

> ?
> ?

Last edited:
RGT correctly leaked the existence of the 128MB of Infinity Cache long before anyone else did and whilst the entire industry doubted it's validity.

Might not have a great track record with Consoles, but his leaks around AMD in general have been reasonably accurate.

thelastword

Banned
AMD destroys Nvidia in rasterization, now raytracing is the most important thing, even though it's only available in a few games and devs who said they would support it at Jensen Huang's "it just works" presentation, have still not done so years after their games have launched.

Nvidia is now on the second RTX string, their first was a farce, DLSS 1.0 failed. They are now back on the coattails of what they denied with DLSS 1.0......That's (TAA).... and of course DLSS 2.0 is just TAA with some PP. You hardly have devs talking about 4k DLSS, not 1440p or 1080p.....Remember they spoke of 4k native DLSS too, how much of that do we see in benchmarks? Zilch, because RTX is a resource hog and people are pretending Nvidia has better raytracing because of proprietary works shenanigans in games like control et al....

DLSS 1.0 failed, it was pitched as an A.I enhanced image reconstruction technique, but that failed, had several drawbacks. Even their current DLSS 2.0 still has less background details, so what they do is super sharpen a blurry image and focus on foreground images and people are talking about better texture resolve. The media is truly biased. Everything Amd does, they try to downplay, but DLSS will never take off as Super Resolution will despite the free PR from the press, since pretty much all devices will use SR, most devs will support it because it will be as easy as AF and it will be something implemented through a toggle in your driver software or in-game. No extra development from devs...Now in this case, it just works, but AMD is not going to use that line unlike Nvidia.....

That right there is the difference between these two companies.....One uses hype and marketing and the press. The other ensures it delivers to gamers, I mean all gamers.......The Open standard approach ensures that. Propietary BS in the PC space? be gone...

FireFly

Even temporal upscaling on its own can deliver great results:

See also (thread from creater of Lumen/Nanite):

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
AMD destroys Nvidia in rasterization, now raytracing is the most important thing, even though it's only available in a few games and devs who said they would support it at Jensen Huang's "it just works" presentation, have still not done so years after their games have launched.

Nvidia is now on the second RTX string, their first was a farce, DLSS 1.0 failed. They are now back on the coattails of what they denied with DLSS 1.0......That's (TAA).... and of course DLSS 2.0 is just TAA with some PP. You hardly have devs talking about 4k DLSS, not 1440p or 1080p.....Remember they spoke of 4k native DLSS too, how much of that do we see in benchmarks? Zilch, because RTX is a resource hog and people are pretending Nvidia has better raytracing because of proprietary works shenanigans in games like control et al....

DLSS 1.0 failed, it was pitched as an A.I enhanced image reconstruction technique, but that failed, had several drawbacks. Even their current DLSS 2.0 still has less background details, so what they do is super sharpen a blurry image and focus on foreground images and people are talking about better texture resolve. The media is truly biased. Everything Amd does, they try to downplay, but DLSS will never take off as Super Resolution will despite the free PR from the press, since pretty much all devices will use SR, most devs will support it because it will be as easy as AF and it will be something implemented through a toggle in your driver software or in-game. No extra development from devs...Now in this case, it just works, but AMD is not going to use that line unlike Nvidia.....

That right there is the difference between these two companies.....One uses hype and marketing and the press. The other ensures it delivers to gamers, I mean all gamers.......The Open standard approach ensures that. Propietary BS in the PC space? be gone...

AMD more or less matched NV GPUS in raster performance, I think mostly because Nv is left with shitty Samsung node and can't clock their GPUs that high (at least they're not making them in the same fabs as PS5/XS/RNDA2 and more...). Many people (including me) didn't expect them to come this close to props for them, but for good RT performance we will have to wait for RNDA3.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I wash my hair with my hands and some shampoo, am i doing it wrong?!

78b416b2-9b1b-46b0-a7c8-c3d3e666002d_1.8e0fe81caa6c76f5a1d8b50ad7d29723.jpeg

Whitecrow

Banned
lol this is the guy who said the ps5 had zen 3 and rdna 3 features lmao.

the guy needs to be banned and needs to start washing his hair with head & shoulders.
PS5 have unified L3 cache which is somehting Zen 3 will have also. So maybe try to understand things before discrediting whoever says them.

And also, dont be an asshole spitting out such stupid and childish insults.

mrmeh

Ugh pointless video, It could increase the performance ten fold but without verifying/seeing the game looks close to native in quality it's meaningless.

Empty clickbait as always.

llien

Act 1,

Every same blind sceptic in this thread 7 months ago:

> AMD will never reach 2080ti rasterization AND raytracing performance
> AMD rumored GPU speeds above 2.5ghz are a lie because Nvidia can't do it.

Act 2,

AMD launches 6900xt:

> I only play raytracing!
> AMD will never do DLSS!

Act 3,

> ?
> ?
Nails it.
I think we should simply tell people that it's OK to stick with that brand (as despicable its practices are) and that could, perhaps, stop pushing them to invent reasons.

hlm666

Your question implied it somehow doesn't matter how "unupscaled" images are obtained.
It does.
Choice of bilinear over, say, Lanczos is also curious.
My question implied you didn't read the post.

Where are you getting bilinear from????????? Here is a quote from the article you apparently didn't read or understand then make comments making out I don't understand what the post was really about and that the guy did stuff wrong because it didn't validate your point of view.

"downsampled from 3840x2160 to 1280x720 with bicubic filtering as it doesn't add moire, aliasing and ringing like Lanczos"

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
RedGamingTech, lol.
I can't listen to him because nothing of what he said is new or leaked, everything is "educated guess". Also AMD will win everything bullshit again.

Your question implied it somehow doesn't matter how "unupscaled" images are obtained.
It does.
Choice of bilinear over, say, Lanczos is also curious.

Does it.

How many games in your library support DLSS 2?
There's not too many games for dlss 2.0. I just hope Amd version works just as well so we get better performance for consoles and and cards.

Last edited:
Welp.

Never trust anything from this guy or any other """"""leaker"""""" on the internet.
This specific one, sure.

But if the way you sort out all valid vs invalid leaks is because they are found on internet... How do you go about finding leaks? You go hang out in bars in the area where the companies are from to talk staff out of critical information when they are drunk? That must be pretty expensive, I will take my chances with rumors that sound "plausible" when they drop.

Top Bottom