• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2021 - Official Announce Trailer | An Arkane Austin Production

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

During the Xbox Bethesda Showcase, Phil Spencer unveiled for the first time Redfall, Arkane's new game (Dishonored, Prey, Deathloop) which will be exclusive to Xbox consoles.

While it will still be an FPS like the studio's previous games, this time the game will be open-world and promises an immersive experience playable both alone and with friends.
The title action takes place on the picturesque island of Redfall, Massachusetts, which is besieged by a legion of vampires who have blocked the sun and cut off the island from the outside world.

To face your enemies, you will be able to choose your hero from a diverse roster and build the perfect team of vampire slayers.
Unlike Deathloop which is scheduled for this end of the year on PS5 and PC, Redfall will be exclusive to Xbox consoles as announced by Phil Spencer.
Scheduled for 2022, the game will be available in Xbox Game Pass on PC and Xbox Series.

Last edited:
Ngl was interested in the rumor it would be something similar to vampire the masquerade or soul reaver. or some badass Gothic vampire game with dishonored's Victorian gothic/steampunk style. seeing this...IDK now

Bridges

Ngl was interested in the rumor it would be something similar to vampire the masquerade or soul reaver. or some badass Gothic vampire game with dishonored's Victorian gothic/steampunk style. seeing this...IDK now
Yeah same, I was expecting something with a much darker tone. This still has loads of potential, but it was for sure not what I expected

RoboEight

Many of these types of games lately are all starting to look the same and I mean that doesn't mean it'll be bad but I feel like I've seen this type of game so many times now. It's on Gamepass though so I will hold my full judgement till it comes out and I can give it a try because it may end up being amazing.

Last edited:

Sygma

That’s what Arkane Austin is making instead of Prey 2?!?

Yeesh.

I mean Raphael Colantonio left the studio a long time ago and Prey was his baby. You can tell Arkane are going for more diverse settings since then, but this and Deathloop are very rooted in pop culture vs the Dishonored outputs and arx fatalis / dark messiah before that

Don't know what to think of it yet. Unfortunately Suicide Squad will be this ip's direct competition and there's an enormous chance that Rocksteady will kill it yet again so

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
I know I said I'm there for whatever Arkane do next but this really isn't what I wanted to see from them.

When I saw vampires I was hoping they got Vampire Masquerade but instead this looks like some 4 player co-op vampire shooter game.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for more details because of who they are but if it's what I think it is then I'm out.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So it's just L4D with Vampires. Def killed the excitement. No gameplay footage as well.
I know I said I'm there for whatever Arkane do next but this really isn't what I wanted to see from them.

When I saw vampires I was hoping they got Vampire Masquerade but instead this looks like some 4 player co-op vampire shooter game.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for more details because of who they are but if it's what I think it is then I'm out.
Oh yeah. It was vampires. Close enough to a zombie shooter.

Riky

$MSFT
Looked pretty interesting, didn't get a lot of information from that trailer though.
Nice to see the console exclusives piling up.

Top Bottom