• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall Rumored to Be Targeting Late March 2023 Release

Huh? It got great reviews and won a bunch of awards.
Problem for me personally is that I got motion sick after like 15 minutes of Deathloop, no idea what they did, odd FOV maybe, and now they’re making another first person game. But it’s Gamepass, I’ll be there day 1 giving it a spin.

Well I don’t see any problem with that. Deathloop is a pretty good game, actually it got very good reviews, and some awards iirc.

That's fine that it got great reviews and got "awards." I tried it out and could not get into it at all. I gave it multiple attempts. I found it average and not enough for me to keep playing. And this is coming from someone who's enjoyed Arkane since Arx Fatalis.

Last edited:
That's fine that it got great reviews and got "awards." I tried it out and could not get into it at all. I gave it multiple attempts. I found it average and not enough for me to keep playing. And this is coming from someone who's enjoyed Arkane since Arx Fatalis.

And that’s perfectly fine, but it’s just your personal opinion however you can’t use that as an argument about Arkane not keeping their good work.

Deathloop is really fun and by no means it shows signs of decline in their works

Last edited:
And that’s perfectly fine, but it’s just your personal opinion however you can’t use that as an argument about Arkane not keeping their good work.

Deathloop is really fun and by no means it shows signs of decline in their works

For myself, I definitely can. Their future game does not interest me one bit.

mdkirby

I suppose, to be fair, Deathloop always looked awful in all the marketing too, but then it turned out to be surprisingly good (from what I've heard, haven't played it yet).
I dunno, I never quite understood the hate for deathloops marketing. Apart from there being far too much of it.

It was quite clear in terms of saying what the game was like, what its vibe was etc, and the game was very much representative of its marketing, and was good. I think people just got sick of it being shoved down their throats everywhere so relentlessly.

On the other hand, if Redfall is anything like it’s trailers, it’s basically borderlands with trash tier, annoying characters and narrative. None of which are things that attracted me to Arkane games, which was immersive sims with strong single player story telling, interesting characters and thought provoking worlds, plus all the usual Arkane core gameplay mechanics (the latter it does look like it has, but it it’s wrapped in a co-op optimised loot shooter with uninspired world and trash character and dialogue then it’ll be a big miss for me).

It could be that the main visionary at Arkane left and set up his own studio (released weird west recently) 🤷‍♂️, and now they lack the vision to be what they once were.

ungalo

It’s not a “lie”. Games get delayed literally all the time, especially on these new consoles. It’s not a conspiracy, and it’s not all about you. For real, grow up
How narcissistic of me to ask for a game after those 2 years of void since launch.

I don't know what you call a conspiracy, it sounds like a strawman to me, actually the same shit Microsoft uses all the time. It's just a marketing stance. Every year they don't have anything concrete to show. So for E3 2022, they had this new idea, to make us believe the REAL problem everyone pointed out was that they announce their shit too soon and that this time, it would be all about what's going to come into that window of 1 year, no bullshit.

There are two major problems here. First, as you said games get delayed all the time, so Microsoft, of all people, should know better and shut their mouth, after the Halo Infinite disaster and all that. You should stop blaming people that complains about the bullshit they're relentlessy telling when it's more about who gives the stick. And second, even that was bullshit to begin with, people are not mad because of how Microsoft show their games, they're mad because Microsoft releases nothing, and that's it. But they want to make it a superficial discourse about the marketing side of things that they just should change for next year like what matters is a stupid show, so people just forget they have no games, which is the most important part.

Last edited:
Some people are under the impression that Starfield's release will overshadow everything else - that's a big lol from me.
Every time BGS Maryland has dropped a game since Morrowind it has comfortably rested its nutsack on the forehead of the entire industry for at least half a year. Yes, including Fallout 4, which made a metric shit-ton of money. It would be best if devs get the hell out of the way when the date is announced.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Every time BGS Maryland has dropped a game since Morrowind it has comfortably rested its nutsack on the forehead of the entire industry for at least half a year. Yes, including Fallout 4, which made a metric shit-ton of money. It would be best if devs get the hell out of the way when the date is announced.

Fallout 4 was a fine game, it's problem wasn't mechanical, but some other issues like the bad dialogue system (that mods can fix) and that fucking settlement guy.

Deathloop sucks for first 4 hrs where they task you with just following a marker.

After that game explicitly tells you "no more hand holding".

After that it gets better. Still weakest Arkane game of all I have played, but definitely enjoyable and worth a playthrough.

For myself, I definitely can. Their future game does not interest me one bit.

Have you seen latest trailer for Redfall?

Atmosphere seems to be a step up over initial showing.

And that music ...

Deathloop sucks for first 4 hrs where they task you with just following a marker.

After that game explicitly tells you "no more hand holding".

After that it gets better. Still weakest Arkane game of all I have played, but definitely enjoyable and worth a playthrough.

Yeah, definitely the weakest Arkane game. All their previous games were amazing.

Have you seen latest trailer for Redfall?

Atmosphere seems to be a step up over initial showing.

And that music ...

See, from 0:26-0:03, the atmosphere seems amazing. Then from 1:00, it seems so vastly different.

I'll definitely still try it but I'm cautious about it.

Kvally

Banned
They were never going to drop Starfield and Redfall in the first half of 2023. If they do I’ll drink my own cum. That was a lie similar to Sony saying God of War R was a launch/2021 game or whatever they said.
I suspect they will. There isn't any reason why they wouldn't unless they were not happy with the polish of the games. Hopefully a quarter a part though. I wouldn't release any games near Starfield though.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I suspect they will. There isn't any reason why they wouldn't unless they were not happy with the polish of the games. Hopefully a quarter a part though. I wouldn't release any games near Starfield though.

At this point, without dates, anything is a toss up. If it was only going to be one, I'd say Redfall is more likely to drop in the window.

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
At this point, without dates, anything is a toss up. If it was only going to be one, I'd say Redfall is more likely to drop in the window.
They better give me Forza Motorsport 8, Redfall and Starfield in the first half of 2023 otherwise I am going to lose my shit.

Who am I kidding. I will just play them whenever they come out 😎

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

So you believe Starfield is coming out next month?

Umbasaborne

Banned

If redfall isnt til may, and starfield isn’t until after redfall, i really dont see a world where starfield launches in the first half of 23. Redfall essentially got a year delay (summer 22 to the end of spring 2023) so it wouldnt shock me if starfield got a year or so push as well to fall/holiday 23.

Ansphn

If redfall isnt til may, and starfield isn’t until after redfall, i really dont see a world where starfield launches in the first half of 23. Redfall essentially got a year delay (summer 22 to the end of spring 2023) so it wouldnt shock me if starfield got a year or so push as well to fall/holiday 23.
I'm thinking Starfield is way behind in the development process than people think. Redfall showed a lot of game play and it's somehow pushed to March 2023. Starfield barely showed anything. Starfield will either be late 2023 (Holidays) or a March 2024 game.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I'm thinking Starfield is way behind in the development process than people think. Redfall showed a lot of game play and it's somehow pushed to March 2023. Starfield barely showed anything. Starfield will either be late 2023 (Holidays) or a March 2024 game.
Pretty sure we saw more Starfield gameplay than Redfall? (Unless there is another Redfall video I haven't seen)

That being said I'm really looking forward to Redfall, I really hope it does well for Arkane, they deserve a hit imo.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
In case anyone didn't read the full article, the "early access" period (of a few days) will be exclusively for people who buy Redfall. So, owners of Redfall, will get to play Redfall a few days earlier than Gamepass Ultimate members.

Roberts

In case anyone didn't read the full article, the "early access" period (of a few days) will be exclusively for people who buy Redfall. So, owners of Redfall, will get to play Redfall a few days earlier than Gamepass Ultimate members.
Just like it was with Forza Horizon 5. I think it is a good strategy.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Just like it was with Forza Horizon 5. I think it is a good strategy.
I understand why they're doing this, but at the same time, I don't appreciate the misleading nature of it.

Gamepass owners are promised to get the game on day one, but they are now releasing the game a few days before that date in the name of "early access."

People aren't perturbed about it yet because it's only a few days. But what if they make the "early access" 3 or 6 months before the release date, which would be available to buyers and not GPU owners, who would be getting a "1.0" on the release date.

All presumptions at this point, but it is a theoretical possibility.

Roberts

I understand why they're doing this, but at the same time, I don't appreciate the misleading nature of it.

Gamepass owners are promised to get the game on day one, but they are now releasing the game a few days before that date in the name of "early access."

People aren't perturbed about it yet because it's only a few days. But what if they make the "early access" 3 or 6 months before the release date, which would be available to buyers and not GPU owners, who would be getting a "1.0" on the release date.

I get it. I don't think they should call early access as that term is associated with giving people a chance to play unfinished games (like Grounded) when FH5 was and I assume Redfall will be 1.0. But I have a hard time believing they will ever sell early access game 3-6 months before without giving it away on GP. So far it hasn't happened.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

3 to 6 months is crazy to think. Its then not game pass how it was promised anymore and is basically what Sony are doing.

I don't think there's any chance of that happening. Maybe a lower priced tier that offers that.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
3 to 6 months is crazy to think. Its then not game pass how it was promised anymore and is basically what Sony are doing.

I don't think there's any chance of that happening. Maybe a lower priced tier that offers that.
There are rumors of a $3 - $5 Gamepass plan in the pipeline that would have XBLG, no third-party games, and first-party games after 6 months of launch.

Hurahn7

Banned
LOL Why are yall so concerned about Redfall. Yall are not going to play it. It's going to end up like Back 4 Blood. It's going to be played for a month and forgotten. It seems like that type of game has run its course. For now at least.

ungalo

LOL Why are yall so concerned about Redfall. Yall are not going to play it. It's going to end up like Back 4 Blood. It's going to be played for a month and forgotten. It seems like that type of game has run its course. For now at least.
It's not a Left 4 Dead-like game.

It's the hype due the Bethesda purchase by Microsoft I guess, otherwise people would Say this looks generic.

Rockman33

I think Redfall looks awesome and quite unique. Not sure the hate against it?
It’s a new IP which everyone is always saying they want more of. But yet when one is announced and doesn’t hit the exact criteria they are looking for everyone shits on it before actually playing…

ungalo

The problem is that now new IPs are just made to better fit new trends. Most of the time it's the opposite of why we want new IPs in the first place (moving on from such trends).

vj27

Banned
I think Redfall looks awesome and quite unique. Not sure the hate against it?
It’s a new IP which everyone is always saying they want more of. But yet when one is announced and doesn’t hit the exact criteria they are looking for everyone shits on it before actually playing…
It’s receiving the same vocal minority hate that grounded, high on life, or (especially though it was warranted at first) sea of thieves got. It’s nothing new at this point, if it’s good it’ll be played by millions, if it’s not then it won’t. Only way to really judge.

Top Bottom