• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption II |OT| Who knew horse testicles had such a crunch?

cormack12

Gold Member
io5NOxj.jpg

Qjxg9qe.png

8KRXttK.png

Qjxg9qe.png

Qjxg9qe.png

Qjxg9qe.png

Qjxg9qe.png

Qjxg9qe.png
giphy.gif

DisloyalDifficultFlyinglemur-max-1mb.gif
egsszb1f0ao11.gif

the-scope-of-red-dead-redemption-2-is-magnificent.gif

red_dead_redemption_2_horse_locker.gif
HonestGrayHorsemouse-max-1mb.gif

XT7U.gif

XPdr.gif

red_dead_redemption_2_takedown.gif

208164.gif
Qjxg9qe.png

Trailer #1:
Trailer #2:
Trailer #3:

Character customisation

Weapon customisation

HJXJmkP.jpg

HJXJwSy.jpg

The gang:

HJXOQpS.png

HJXP0aY.png

HJXPboB.png

HJXPmpm.png

HJXPw9Z.png

HJXPHCT.png

HJXPPVv.png

HJXPZXu.png

HJXQ9wG.png

HJXQqvu.png

HJXQz6K.png

HJXQIjjl.png

HJXQRc4.png

HJXR83a.png

HJXRg6b.png

HJXRoul.png

HJXRxiE.png

HJXRFCr.png

HJXRPaW.png

HJXS3na.png

HJXSbpF.png

HJXSjWT.png

Gameplay vids:

The Bonuses:
HJXYlcF.gif

If you pre order -
•War Horse: An Ardennes War Horse with greater courage and stamina than the average steed.
•The Outlaw Survival Kit: Contains a collection of key supplies, including items to replenish Health, Dead Eye, and more.

Special Edition -
•World map
•Bank Robbery Mission and Gang Hideout in Story Mode
•Dappled Black Thoroughbred: A racehorse with exceptional speed and acceleration; it comes with a special saddle.
•Talisman and Medallion Gameplay Bonuses: These special Story Mode items will give Arthur a helping hand whenever they are equipped.
•Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts
•The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit: Inspired by the clothing worn by vaqueros and banditos south of the border.
•Free Access to Three Additional Weapons: Volcanic Pistol, Pump Action Shotgun, and Lancaster Varmint Rifle.

Ultimate Edition -
•Bonus Outfits: The Blackrose Bounty Hunter Outfit and The Copperhead Enforcer Outfit.
•Black Chestnut Thoroughbred: A racehorse and special saddle, both available in online.
•Free Access to the Survivor Camp Theme
•Free Access to Additional Weapons: Get access to the Volcanic Pistol, Pump Action Shotgun and Lancaster Varmint Rifle, free of charge from Gunsmiths in online.
•Rank Bonuses: As a great start for all Ultimate Edition players, you can rank up faster in online, up to rank 25.

Collector's Box (No game included)
•Metal Tithing Box with Lock & Key
•Collectable Challenge Coin
•Double Sided Puzzle
•Six Shooter Bandana
•Treasure Map
•Pin Set
•Playing Cards
•Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue
•12 Cigarette Cards

The infamous "100 hour work weeks" interview:
http://www.vulture.com/2018/10/the-making-of-rockstar-games-red-dead-redemption-2.html

Bonus clips from Tombstone:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job VedderOA! Should have made the suggestion for everyone to watch "The Long Riders" before launch but Tombstone is one heck of a good movie and the actor's line are historically authentic too. 1 day, 8 hours, and 42 minutes left to go...

Tbone3336

Gold Member
Great job to both on the OT! Why o why do I wish my life away wanting to get to the release dates quicker. Going to be an awesome weekend for so many of us.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Are there any online elements? I don’t mean GTAV levels but anything that is likely to destroy the servers tomorrow meaning we can’t log in?

Or them dickheads from lizard squad gonna plan a DDoS or something?

Raven117

Gold Member
Absolutely fantastic OT. And the bonus tombstone clips...so good. Also, nice Tag line for the OT.

Im your Huckleberry.

Last edited:

theHFIC

Are there any online elements? I don’t mean GTAV levels but anything that is likely to destroy the servers tomorrow meaning we can’t log in?

Or them dickheads from lizard squad gonna plan a DDoS or something?
Rockstar Social Club probably will get slammed so stats will probably not be accurate for the first couple weeks. Other than that just crossing my fingers for the weekly PSN outage to occur after the updates have downloaded to my disc based copy.

Snoopycat

Banned
Can't believe it's almost here. I've pretty much avoided anything about it apart from watching the trailers. It's been sitting locked on my dashboard since Sunday and everytime I put on my PS4 first thing I've done is check the countdown timer. Friday is going to be great.

Zewp

Blegh, I preordered online. I could have probably gotten it a day early from Saturn and been playing tomorrow evening, like most new titles, but eh. I'd rather own it digitally and play a day later than deal with the inconvenience of a disk.

Last edited:

Skyr

12 Hours left for me until I got the game. I don‘t know if I will be able to sleep. I am exited like a 6 years old before Christmas Eve.

Horns

Nice OP!

That rumor of the two hour disc install....:messenger_pensive:

Ugh. Preordered Xbox disk to get it a few hours before midnight. Already have it preloaded on PS4. Sounds like my disk purchase will not buy me much extra time to play before midnight.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

And yet in the Google Project Stream thread I suggest people would be willing to pay to not have to deal with shit like this, I get told I'm being unreasonable.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Fantastic OT guys! So hyped!

Ultimate Edition Pre-Loaded and ready to go on the PS4.

BTZ5SrI.gif

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
do you know if we get the pre-order GTA:O money instantly or after RDR2 launches? i pre-ordered digitally but havent recieved the money yet (also ps4).

From what I gather, it should be handled through Rockstar Social Club, so it should be automatically applied to your online for GTAV when you preorder.

I was hoping it was a code so I could have given it away to someone.

do you know if we get the pre-order GTA:O money instantly or after RDR2 launches? i pre-ordered digitally but havent recieved the money yet (also ps4).

I was curious about this myself but it seemed to appear in my GTA:O account pretty much immediately. I have it preloaded on PS4 too.

EDIT: I am loving some of the memes on reddit. This is great here:

pgogrbayf5u11.jpg

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
Kinda psyched to see what that app is all about

You got minor cosmetic bonuses with the GTAV one like some different collars for Chop and a custom license plate. I wouldn't be surprised if you can earn some sort of little goody from it.

Wunray

Awesome OT my dude you have a knack for this stuff. Ready for the Challenger to the title of best open world to clean up.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I am sick. When they called to inform me that I could get the game Thursday at 9 PM, I said I may not be able to pick up the game then depending how I feel. Since I know the people there on a personal level, I asked for a favor to take the full pay now, give me the game today, and ring it through then. Understandably, my friend told me he can’t take that risk.
After I said I understand and thanked him for taking the question anyway, he offered to allow me to full pay now and get the game whenever I could after release. .... ummm.

Wonkytonk

I am sick. When they called to inform me that I could get the game Thursday at 9 PM, I said I may not be able to pick up the game then depending how I feel. Since I know the people there on a personal level, I asked for a favor to take the full pay now, give me the game today, and ring it through then. Understandably, my friend told me he can’t take that risk.
After I said I understand and thanked him for taking the question anyway, he offered to allow me to full pay now and get the game whenever I could after release. .... ummm.

Oh right.

Cosmogony

Read Dead Redemption II |OT| Who knew horse testicles had such a crunch

Title prioritizes stallions over mares, which is equine-misogynist. And cultural appropriation of the 100+ hours a week the exploited have poured into da game.

Waiting for the PC version.
Damn it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stoked to the play the 2 hours tops at Thursday 9 PM before I have to go to bed for work in the morning. Should be a glorious 2 hours (if my wife doesn't haggle me).

DarthPablo

Neo Member
Haven’t played a Rockstar game since San Andreas, so I’m kinda looking forward to this. Probably gonna go to Target at 9 tomorrow night and pick it up.

I haven’t been this hyped for a game since BotW.

But here’s the question - I plan on pre-ordering a digital copy tonight....

Should I get this for my PS4 slim or Xbox one S?

Top Bottom