• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2: Do you actually think that this game is fun or do you think that it's boring?

It was surprisingly un boring to me, the original person who though RDR 1 was kinda not great and wasnt interested in 2.

I found the writing, story, ans acting were all awesome. Now Ghosts of Tsushima I found boring.

Not sure what is going on here. RDR 2 was good and I though it played well. I liked shooting and hopping. Never hunted or took car of a horse.

makaveli60

One of the best games ever. I understand that it's rather an experience than a gamey game like I dunno... Mario, but this is exactly why it's one of my all time favorites. It's just so much more than a general videogame.

Jokerevo

Banned
The game is trying to capture a period where everything was slow. Rockstar have to be commended for trying to keep the immersion down not only to the visuals but the animations and general interactions themselves. This isn't arcade West. It's slow West.

It is an amazing walking or hunting simulator. Just travelling through the world is incredible. Still only 40 percent through it though

balgajo

I love how the game take it's time on animations, it really adds to the immersion. Remembered me how I loved playing songs in Oot. It felt really magical when compared to just pressing a button to do stuff(i.e fast travel).

Absolutely loved it, same with the first one. It's a wonderful, immersive "cowboy sim" that does a great job of letting you ease into the character and world. I get the problems people had with it, but none of it bothered me at all.

Last edited:

Aidah

I think there's a mountain of boring in it, and I was barely able to push myself to finish it. However, I think there are a few things about it that are interesting or even super special. So I'm glad I played it overall.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It is movie with interactive elements not really a game.
Its a interactive movie with QTE
Go Away Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Last edited:
The game is trying to capture a period where everything was slow. Rockstar have to be commended for trying to keep the immersion down not only to the visuals but the animations and general interactions themselves. This isn't arcade West. It's slow West.

It is an amazing walking or hunting simulator. Just travelling through the world is incredible. Still only 40 percent through it though
FU-CKING THIS !!!

Like someone else put in this thread. This game is meant to be played slow. An experience you need to savour and take your time with. I sat last night for 3 hours with this and I started doing shit i never done before in-game like making sure i eat every now and then, clean & feed my horse, rest, hunt for a bit and donate to the camp.

All these things I've never done before because I found it a chore or dumb tasks to do in a game. I even complained about this before on the forum. But when you play Red Dead like you are meant to play it, boy oh boy is it a fun experience.

So now I can't wait to get back home to go hunting again, do the odd mission or side quest and just roam around the countryside. There's also heaps of challenges to complete so that's another thing to keep me busy.

Game is amazing.

For those on PC who want to take a break and have a different type of fun, download the J10 RailRoad Engineer mod and then:

- Get onboard a tram in Saint Denis and nudge the conductor so that he runs off scared.
- Hold up to accelerate - getting to 50mph is fairly quick but 70 mph takes longer
- Enjoy watching a tram paint the streets of Saint Denis red and wreak havoc.

Also, the tram you're sitting on will pass through the other trams on the line, but the passengers onboard them will not, so any passengers are essentially put into a 70mph mobile wood chipper.

Thought I'd add some pictures of the results.

ZvMMzzu.png
knsvhSE.png
q2THXbR.png
WKwOi3D.png

On a more serious note, if you find the game and traversal too slow, on PC, increasing the player's and horse's movement speed a little (and looting and skinning if you want) makes a huge difference to the experience. It removes the draggy feeling while still maintaining realistic speeds.

The game is an achievement. They could tighten up the gameplay a little, but it's one of the most immersive games I've ever played in every other way.

I like the first Red Dead Redemption quite a bit, but going back, it's so basic compared with 2. The gameplay wasn't anything to write home about, either. Why it gets so much love while 2 is "mixed" baffles me.

Last edited:

angrod14

I sure hope Rockstar doesn't make GTA VI a complete borefest like this game was. But after all the blowjobs they got for it anyways I think it's a serious possibility.

Top Bottom