• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 and Grand Theft Auto 4 DESTROYS Cyberpunk 2077

MeteorVII

Rdr2 is so fucking overrated my god. Empty ass world, with nothing but grass.
This is factually false.

Whats the point? Good storytelling and thats about it.
I’ll take a game with an actual memorable story and characters over some ‘gameplay revolution’ anyday.

Two different games, two different types of world. Cyberpunk beats it in open world.
No, it fucking doesn’t lmfao.

ZywyPL

Banned
It's not a secret tha no one comses close to R* when it comes down to world detail/complexity, which is obviously nice to have, especially in an open-world game, but for me personally it's not the most important feature of video games, what matters the most is the core gameplay, and in this aspect CP2077 trumps on both GTA5 and RDR2, with their not even average driving/shooting mechanics, which single-handedly kill the entire fun of playing those games.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
From forums I get CP2077 is the worst game to ever come out, worse than E.T.
The way GAF hyping this game as if it was second coming of gaming or something, I don't remember any other games had hype thread like CP2077 had........there is no way it was going meet their unrealistic expectation, no matter what.

Fans kind of did this to themselves if you think about it.

Last edited:

Aidah

I haven't played Cyberpunk, only tried it a bit, but RDR2 can get really boring and although there are great things about it, it is not actually a great game overall. If it wasn't for my phone being within arms reach at all times I definitely wouldn't have had the patience to play through it.

Last edited:

Aidah

The way GAF hyping this game as if it was second coming of gaming or something, I don't remember any other games had hype thread like CP2077 had........there is no way it was going meet their unrealistic expectation, no matter what.

Fans kind of did this to themselves if you think about it.
It doesn't seem like it's meeting a lot of realistic expectations either.

waquzy

what matters the most is the core gameplay, and in this aspect CP2077 trumps on both GTA5 and RDR2
i1nNB32.gif

Jalabs

Neo Member
Rockstar are a massive studio with huge open world experience and they've got more money.

Of course their games are better than Cyberpunk.

People believe hype tho.

ClosBSAS

This is factually false.

I’ll take a game with an actual memorable story and characters over some ‘gameplay revolution’ anyday.

No, it fucking doesn’t lmfao.
Oh but it does. No facts were given in your answer. Empty ass world compared to night city, nothing to see but trees, ghats factually correct.

Josemayuste

Yeah, no; while Red Dead Redemption 2 and Grand Theft Auto IV/V may be better scored games, or stuff like that, Cyberpunk 2077 surpasses them in the gameplay department, player agency, world, lore, gunplay, etc, etc.

I know that it may be a controversial opinion, but I'm already fed up of this negativity trend against Cyberpunk that I'm not willing to follow up. It's time to move on and to appreciate Cyberpunk for the game that it is and not for the game that it was promised and underdelivered. And the game that it is, is not a bad one by any means, it almost feels like an Elder Scrolls game set on a Cyberpunk theme sometimes. I'm playing it on PS5 and I don't need ray-traced shenanigans to enjoy it, 60 rock-solid-fps are more than enough for me, thanks.

So looking forward to free DLCs and expansions, can't wait to see how they expand on the base game.

AJUMP23

Both games are good for different reasons. You can like one more than the other and not have to drag down the other game. I think RDR2 is one of the best games I have ever played. But Cyberpunk is a fun experience.

Years ago I was raging against walking simulators and other non-game games. Today I would rather just walk around RDR2 than actually play its boring and hand-holding story missions.

I literally just fire up the game every now and than and simulate an in-game day. Okay, wake up, head to the general store, go fishing, ride the train, get drunk, punch a war widow and then go to sleep. All in a day's work.
Exacty, I do the same thing! But the problem is that the devs don't want you to even do that. For me the epilogue with John was the best part of the game because I just wanted to pretend to be a cowboy on a ranch, raise cattle, maybe trade with the general store, etc. But the actual game itself makes it hard to do this. I also wish the economy system was more realistic. I also hate getting $1,000 everytime I finish a mission.

Amaranty

Tried Cyberpunk 2077 on OG PS4. Aside from poor performance, I noticed 4 bugs during the first hour.

1. Your big buddy that tags along in one mission was missing his gun, he was simply holding his finger up all the time, where the gun was supposed to be.

2. Drove into a trash can and the trash can got stuck inside the car. Couldn't continue the mission and had to restart.

3. Saw NPC cars randomly crash into the curb for no reason.

4. Did a side mission, where I had to send a message to finish the mission. Sent the message but nothing happened. Couldn't finish the mission.

4 bugs in 1 hour is pretty substantial. 2 of those were game breaking.

VFXVeteran

Banned
I purchased RDR2 over the weekend on a really good discount for the PC. After playing the first Chapter in the game with Ultra settings, I will have to concur. RDR2 on PC is a technical marvel. Even with Cyberpunk's RT, it still pales in comparison to RDR2's graphics subsystems and animation. RDR2 will be the game to beat this generation for sure. I don't count FS2020 as it's on another level entirely.

Hugare

Had way more fun with Cyberpunk, spending 90h with it.

Never finished GTA IV, and forced myself to finish RDR 2

Both are much better than Cyberpunk in details and etc, but who gives a fuck if those doesnt improve the gameplay?

RDR 2 is probably the worst controlling game R* has ever made, which is saying something.

Last edited:
I remember when RDR2 was criticized for all those details. They were accused of putting realism before fun.
Time is often cruel... but not to Red Dead.

If you criticize with valid points, you'll find people who agree. In the long run though, everyone has a bullshit detector and quality wins.

Woggleman

Time is often cruel... but not to Red Dead.

If you criticize with valid points, you'll find people who agree. In the long run though, everyone has a bullshit detector and quality wins.
When a new hated game comes out the old hated games get a newfound love. One day people will be talking about how Cyberpunk 2077 is better than such and such game.

ZywyPL

Banned
RDR 2 is probably the worst controlling game R* has ever made, which is saying something.

The fixed animations are killing the gameplay, doesn't matter if you play at 20 or 120FPS, it's still the same shit. This is one of the best examples where chasing realism totally kills the gameplay.

Top Bottom