• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Online |OT| Wild, Wild West

wvnative

Been loyal to this game since launch, decent content, way better economy balancing than gta online, and i just love the cowboy fantasy...

But this update has killed all my love. The streak and gold nerf, the new bounty missions are just fetch quests, the outlaw pass is just mostly cosmetic shit some of which is recycled. Its slowly turning into everything that turned me off gta online.

Fuck the corporate takeover of the gaming industry

Bullet Club

Red Dead Online Adds New Legendary Bounty, De Lobos Gang Leader Carmela Montez

Today, Red Dead Online has added a new legendary bounty for Prestigious Bounty Hunters to pursue and it’s the leader of the De Lobos gang, Carmela “La Muñeca” Montez.

Muñeca is Spanish for doll, but based on her description and occupation, I don’t think that’s meant to be a cutesy compliment, and instead is more in line with the speech from Jaws.
Recently installed as head of the notorious Del Lobos gang, Carmela “La Muñeca” Montez and her posse have claimed responsibility for a recent string of bloody highway robberies that have brought local law enforcement to heel. La Muñeca is as cold as her nickname suggests – her eyes dead and unloving, her facial expression a blank mask. She’s moved the gang up into West Elizabeth, where they’ve taken over Hanging Dog Ranch with the aid of a devastating war wagon.
Red Dead Online players that are in possession of a Prestigious Bounty Hunter License will be able to start the new legendary bounty at a Sheriff’s Office. After completing the mission and after a brief period of time has passed, players can then replay the bounty mission at a higher difficulty.

To sweeten the pot for those that are giving the recently added new content for bounty hunters a try, for a limited time all bounties are paying 50% extra and all horses are 30% off bounty hunters.

While Naturalists and Hunters can visit Gus’ Store between Dec. 8 and Dec. 21 for a bonus package as well including: 5 Special Health Cures, 200 Express Rifle Ammo rounds and 10 pieces of Big Game Meat.

Rockstar recently launched a standalone purchase option for Red Dead Online instead of being tied to the full game of Red Dead Redemption 2 as it was previously. Players can currently buy Red Dead Online for $4.99 until Feb. 15. After that date, the price will increase to $19.99.

Source: Twinfinite

Is this worth getting into if I'd play it solo, pve of sorts?

Way late to the party so Im guessing you already tried it or have moved on. For what its worth, there is some fun to be had with PVE and solo play. There are missions you can do that keep you busy for a little while and most of the activities with the jobs can be done solo without too much issue.

The roles become a "rinse and repeat" affair pretty quickly though. There isnt a ton of variations in the activities and they all pretty much play out in similar fashion after you do them a couple times, so your mileage may vary a bit after that.

Its a good time for a few hours though with the exception of griefers that will occasionally come by and just attack you for no reason.

MadPanda

Banned
Way late to the party so Im guessing you already tried it or have moved on. For what its worth, there is some fun to be had with PVE and solo play. There are missions you can do that keep you busy for a little while and most of the activities with the jobs can be done solo without too much issue.

The roles become a "rinse and repeat" affair pretty quickly though. There isnt a ton of variations in the activities and they all pretty much play out in similar fashion after you do them a couple times, so your mileage may vary a bit after that.

Its a good time for a few hours though with the exception of griefers that will occasionally come by and just attack you for no reason.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't tried it, I'm replaying singleplayer. Maybe I'll give it a shot. I appreciate your effort.

Top Bottom