• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend me action adventure game like uncharted but for xbox

keraj37

I have XSS and I played the Jedi Fallen Order (gamepass) just handful of hours, but I was frustrated by the combat system and couple other issues.
But after I uninstalled it I went in to shopping spree to find and buy a game of same type but just more appealing to me.

I am thinking about buying Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition but I am not sure it is good choice, if it is a good game at all - I never played any modern TR game.

What am I looking exactly for?
Well just a game to have relax time, with simple combat (not like in SW:JFO) and nice world, and not too much dialog and cutscenes (I don't like movies to be sold to me as games).

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

yunkaiza

Yeah true, I never played Uncharted aswell, so lets say: game like uncharted with less of a movie elements - more gamy uncharted game, if that makes sense.
Sounds like Tomb Raider is perfect for you. I only ever played Rise but it was pretty good. Much more fun than Uncharted IMO.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Yeah, the Tomb Raider reboot trilogy. You might as well start with the first though, it might be weird to go backwards if you enjoy Shadow.

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

I have XSS and I played the Jedi Fallen Order (gamepass) just handful of hours, but I was frustrated by the combat system and couple other issues.
But after I uninstalled it I went in to shopping spree to find and buy a game of same type but just more appealing to me.

I am thinking about buying Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition but I am not sure it is good choice, if it is a good game at all - I never played any modern TR game.

Well just a game to have relax time, with simple combat (not like in SQ:JFO) and nice world, and not too much dialog and cutscenes (I don't like movies to be sold to me as games).

Thanks in advance!
The first Tomb Raider Definitive Edition may be your best bet. It's usually on sales and cheap.

It's very much a copy of Uncharted, good copy.

Try it, then go for sequels if you like it.

HotPocket69

Banned
Yeah true, I never played Uncharted aswell, so lets say: game like uncharted with less of a movie elements - more gamy uncharted game, if that makes sense.

This is a real Uncharted like banger, fam and it isn’t on the PlayStation videogame console

gsdgDhQ.jpg

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
As a huge fan of these types of games, nothing comes close to the Uncharted Series but the first Tomb Raider reboot was bloody excellent

keraj37

For an Uncharted fix, all the new Tomb Raiders are a good choice. IMO, they are all pretty great once you get past the terribly mundane writing (though the first one is okay).

EDIT: also, if cinematics like those in Uncharted bother you, just skip them. In pretty much every game, they never make up a majority of the playtime.

Sounds like Tomb Raider is perfect for you. I only ever played Rise but it was pretty good. Much more fun than Uncharted IMO.

The first Tomb Raider Definitive Edition may be your best bet. It's usually on sales and cheap.

It's very much a copy of Uncharted, good copy.

Try it, then go for sequels if you like it.

As a huge fan of these types of games, nothing comes close to the Uncharted Series but the first Tomb Raider reboot was bloody excellent
Great to know, thanks! I think I will go with TR than

Wizz-Art

I went through Shadow and Rise of the Tomb Raider a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed them both better then the first three Uncharted games although Uncharted 2 was almost as enjoyable I must say. I do think the first Tomb Raider (2013) wasn't as good as the two sequels.

Last edited:
The Tomb Raider games are probably your best bet. I enjoyed the all 3 of them.

On your post is not clear if you actually played Jedi Fallen Order, if not, give it a go. Gets some inspiration from Uncharted and i think it is free with GamePass on ea access.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Tomb Raiders are a real threat to Uncharted but you’ll just have to live without Nathan Drake and Uncharted.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Rise and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, are both awesome games for me. I did not liked 2013 version that much tho

D.Final

Banned

Well just a game to have relax time, with simple combat (not like in SW:JFO) and nice world, and not too much dialog and cutscenes (I don't like movies to be sold to me as games).

Thanks in advance!

I can recommend you a more fun game.

Like Saint's Row 3 and 4
Or Just Cause 3 or 4

Bournetobewild

Neo Member
Some good recommendations in here I would say Tomb Raider or Quantum Break for gunplay and Adam's Venture for a similar aesthetic but more for puzzles and exploration.

Give Recore a shot. It's not fantastic, but it's more gameplay driven than Uncharted and it's a rather pleasant experience.

Miles708

WTF? None of those titles are like Uncharted. The only correct answer is Tomb Raider, which a reminder was exclusive for a yr to Xbox

Well, exactly Uncharted-like games are non existent on Xbox besides Tomb Raider.
Also, he wanted adventure games in the vein of Uncharted, I think they fit given the obvious difference in tone and setting.

I think ReCore also fits the description given (adventure, not too cinematic, hopefully not too complex) and that's a Microsoft exclusive.
Get the definitive edition though, fixes a lot of things. Also read some reviews, I don't know how good it actually is.

Shmunter

star wars jedi fallen order....sort off. Borrows a lot from uncharted

However it isn’t all that comparable with all the annoying backtracking.

turtlepowa

Banned
WTF? None of those titles are like Uncharted. The only correct answer is Tomb Raider, which a reminder was exclusive for a yr to Xbox
Nothing is like Uncharted. Uncharted 4 was like 80% Walking+Talking+Climbing+Jeep. Tomb Raider is much more gameplay based.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Well Uncharted is literally Sony's version of Tomb Raider, so you couldn't go wrong.

Tomb Raider 2013 has the classic puzzles etc. from the previous games before the reboot. I like the 2 sequels, but it wasn't as great as the one from 2013.

GHG

Gold Member
OP said he wants a game that has less cut scenes etc and people are recommending games like Quantum Break and Alan Wake?

keraj37 keraj37 the game you are looking for is called Strange Brigade:

It's basically the gameplay elements (minus the climbing) of uncharted condensed into a game that is focused on gameplay over exposition.

There is shooting, there are puzzles and the setting is similar. It's not perfect but it's a fun game.

The tomb raider games are basically uncharted-lite so if you can tolerate a similar amount of cut scenes then go with those games.

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned

Thanks in advance!
The modern Tomb Raiders are the closest equivalent. I’d play them in order as the stoyr carries over. Plus Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider are closer to Uncharted. Shadow was made by a different studio and the gunplay kind of sucks and it’s way more puzzle/tomb heavy. They’re all less cut scene and dialogue heavy than the Uncharted games too. I also like that there’s more incentive to look around and explore a little since their are upgrades to find and crafting mats together vs. Uncharted not having the treasures that are pointless unless one is a trophy/achievement hunter.

Last edited:
I just finished a replay of quantum break on series x. It looks good about on par with uncharted 4 with the 4k patch. Solid acting all around and the combat is Remedy finest.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I think it’s the lack of these types of games on XBox that means I’ve never bought one over the years.

Everyone is right though, OP. Just get the Tomb Raider games.

Blue Spring

Read my tears about xbox here --->
You could try the Gears of War series but those games have less exploration, much worse story and characters, no comparable setpieces and overall worse gameplay.

Otherwise the Tomb Raiber Reboot like many others have said.

Tomb Raider is the closest. But, there is a huge gap in quality between the two. Uncharted has much higher production values and just overall quality.

Top Bottom