• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend Me A Xbox Series X Headset?

Karmic Raze

So, I am in need of a headset for the Xbox Series X and I don’t want to spend too, too much. Like the $200 headsets don’t really interest me, but I’d still like a quality headset for gaming with my friends. Would you guys care to recommend me one? What do you use?

Thanks in advance for the help! 🙂

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Go with Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2

That's my choice for you, but wait for others they may have something better than this

Last edited:

R3axi0n

Neo Member
Just go all in for the Astro A50's mate, honestly. They are amazing and i have owned a lot of different brands.

Cornbread78

I really like the official headset since they are easy to use and sound pretty damn good.

eLh408j.jpg

Darktails

I really love the official wireless headset. It has way too much bass, but you can counter this by experimenting with the EQ (the settings in >this video< are good) and by adding Dolby Atmos (which is worth the extra cost if you really like 3D audio). One of my favourite things about the headset is that it allows you to connect to your Xbox and a Bluetooth device simultaneously, so I often hook it up to my phone and listen to podcasts or audiobooks while gaming.

TheRobot

I use Arctis 9X which can connect to Xbox via wireless and the phone with Bluetooth at the same time and also can be connected to PS5 and other devices with aux cables.

WoodyStare

I have the official headset and it’s fantastic. You could pay more for better sound, but for the price they’re more than sufficient. Comfortable, easy to connect, decent EQ options, works simultaneously with your phone audio, turns the Xbox on, etc. Considering the features and sound quality, it’s honestly a steal for the price.

I wouldn’t recommend it if you’re trying to use with other consoles as well, or if you like the versatility of an aux port.

SomeGit

Wireless or Wired? If Wired, you can just get an HyperX Cloud II, that thing is quality. Wireless, either the official or Steelseries Arctis 9X.

Chukhopops

Official is really good, I find the ability to mix game sounds and Bluetooth sounds to be very useful, it syncs very easily and is more comfortable than the Corsair I use on PC.

I'm almost ready to buy the official one as for some reason the main sound on some games is really really low and I have to turn the tv up and when I switch back to regular tv its blasting. Maybe theres a main sound setting that I need to adjust in the settings but im finding it irritating at the moment.

Leyasu

Banned
I have audio Tecnica ath adg1s.

Can someone recommend me a decent open back pair please? 400 budget

TheShocker

Official Xbox Series Headphones are great for the price and has BT

I use Steelseries 9X, literally just take them out and It works straight away with the Xbox.

I have both of these and highly recommend either of them. The Xbox wireless headset has a little more bass, which I like and the ability to set eq settings from the Xbox. The 9x’s have to be done on a PC.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
The official wireless headset is decent.

Uses the the wireless protocol so no dongle needed, you can also hook it up to another bluetooth device simultaneously which is a feature I use all the time.

No aux in though.
This. It's a great all round headset that I use regularly even though I have several pairs of expensive cans.

elliot5

I would prob go with just the official headset unless you want more compatibility and then get something like the 7X for use with PC, PS, Xbox, etc.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
where are you located? It's available on Best Buy. Unless you want from MS Directly to use Rewards or somethin
Toronto area. Lemme check now. I check Costco and a handful of other retailers.

Edit: Shit! Walmart Canada has it online. Gonna order it online. Thanks for nudging me to check!..... Done.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
So, I am in need of a headset for the Xbox Series X and I don’t want to spend too, too much. Like the $200 headsets don’t really interest me, but I’d still like a quality headset for gaming with my friends. Would you guys care to recommend me one? What do you use?

Thanks in advance for the help! 🙂
Arctis Steele Series 9X. Comfy, good sound. Mic is questionable, $150 you get all the bells and whistles.

RaZoR No1

I am using the Steelseries 7X (important to get the X version) and it works on every device possible. Wired or wireless with the dongle.

I really like the sound of it, because it doesnt just ramp up the bass and calls it a gaming headset.
The mic is good tho and clear enough, that I do not have to pick it out/extend it to my mouth.
Only drawbacks: No bluetooth and a price of around 150-170€/$

Cheaper alternatives are Steelseries 1 (wired) or Steelseries 1 wireless Xbox version.

As a comparision: I also got a Astro A10 for cheap and normaly it is in the same price range as the Steelseries 1
The Astro A10 sounds and feels very cheap..

Calverz

I think after all the recommendations and my own interest in them, I will go with the official wireless headset. Thanks for all the replies and recs, guys. You helped me a shit ton with this!
I’m currently in this situation. Were you happy with your choice?

Top Bottom