• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ready at Dawn's Echo Arena VR is FREE if you download within 3 months after it launch

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
https://forums.oculus.com/community...o-and-echo-arena-pricing-and-app-information/

Echo Arena is the companion/spinoff title of Lone Echo.

• So buying Lone Echo ($39.99, $34.99 if you pre-order) gets you a free copy of Echo Arena.
  • but if you don't want Lone Echo, you can also get Echo Arena free (permanently), but only if you download the game for the first 3 months after it launch.
  • After 3 months, Echo Arena will cost $19.99 USD

You do not need any VR headset to download any VR software on the oculus store, all you need is an oculus account. In other words, even if you dont have any VR headset currently, you can get the game during the free period first by adding it to the library of your oculus account, and then play it when you purchase one eventually down the road.

Catphish

Third time today I'm making a post singing the praises of this game.

I haven't been this stoked for a game in a loooooong time.

I think it's gonna be the first bonafide VR eSport, and it's gonna be off the friggin rails once we get gloves and wireless.

The future is now! 😀

vermadas

Echo Arena Beta is still open until July 17 for anyone who wants to try it out. Vive owners as well - it works fine through ReVive.

I have an Oculus account because of my Gear VR. I'm assuming it won't be coming out for that, but I'll still download it just in case I pick up a Rift down the road. I would have gotten it now, but I just got a good deal on the PSVR.

Any idea if Echo Arena will come to PSVR? I did a quick search and didn't find anything on that.

I have an Oculus account because of my Gear VR. I'm assuming it won't be coming out for that, but I'll still download it just in case I pick up a Rift down the road. I would have gotten it now, but I just got a good deal on the PSVR.

Any idea if Echo Arena will come to PSVR? I did a quick search and didn't find anything on that.

Lone Echo and Echo Arena is a oculus exclusive as it is published by them.

Bookoo

The graphics and kinematics on the arms is incredible and the game itself is a blast to play. Can't wait for full release and I have hope it will retain a strong playerbase.

Lone Echo and Echo Arena is a oculus exclusive as it is published by them.

Just wanted to add that plenty of people seem to be playing it with Vive using the Revive mod.

theRizzle

Only got my Rift yesterday and ended up spending way too much time in Robo Recall to even try Echo Arena but it looks amazing. I guess Oculus has to be paying for this "free window" in some capacity? Say what you want about financed exclusives or whatever, but this will get a bunch of people into the game that may never have dropped the $40 on it, and these multiplayer games need to be populated to have legs.

ArtHands

Only got my Rift yesterday and ended up spending way too much time in Robo Recall to even try Echo Arena but it looks amazing. I guess Oculus has to be paying for this "free window" in some capacity? Say what you want about financed exclusives or whatever, but this will get a bunch of people into the game that may never have dropped the $40 on it, and these multiplayer games need to be populated to have legs.

The link says that Intel is sponsoring the "free window" thing

Plasma

Banned
I'm glad it's free for everyone and not just rift owners, too many VR mp games just have nobody playing them and this will hopefully keep the player count up.

SaiyanRaoh

Is there any detailed previews for Lone Echo? I tried Echo Arena enough to play the tutorial but I don't like multiplayer games. I can see the quality though. Does the campaign have the same polish?

Wollan

A smart move on their part.
A multiplayer game is only as good as its community/popularity and this one is fighting an uphills battle in being VR only.
Made possible by separating the singleplayer game (Lone Echo) from the multiplayer (Echo Arena).

ArtHands

Just a reminder that this game launches today, so if you want to get your free permanent copy of the game...you should download it asap

Top Bottom