• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ready At Dawn will be acquired/purchased by Sony, mark my words.

Will Ready At Dawn be acquired by Sony?

• Total voters
It's inevitable. Anyone who's been following the tweets will know that Sony will buy Ready At Dawn sooner or later. Andrea Pessino is already familiar with Sony's upcoming PS5 console and DualSense controller. They make games that fit perfectly with PlayStation's vision of single-player cinematic games (The Order 1886) and Triple-A VR Games (Lone Echo).

So GAF, what do you think?

martino

giphy.gif

Varteras

Gold Member
It's one of the safer bets. A long history with Sony, has produced many great games, created a critically successful VR game, and fits with the typical Sony game development culture. If Sony hasn't actively pursued them already I'd question whose in charge of doing that.

cragarmi

They aren't getting acquired anytime soon, but I believe they are working on a PS5 exclusive which should be ready at or shortly after launch. I imagine if this does well it might lead to acquisition.

Shin

Banned
It would make sense for Sony
It wouldn't make sense for RaD, their studio is pretty much made up of SSM people, they would go be going back to what they left.
In the end money talks and as it stands they don't have any security, The Order failed, the game after that did OK-ish on Occulus and for the rest?
Lots to prove still, which is why they need some independent success of their own, prior to the Order they were remaking God of Wars IIRC.

Geki-D

Banned
Sony only acquire studios they've worked with so this is already more realistic than Remedy Entertainment. But whilst they have worked together, Ready at Dawn have hardly made anything that was really successful for Sony, and that's generally their second prerequisite. It's not impossible, but Bluepoint Games seems more likely.

cormack12

Gold Member
Think they need to prove themselves a bit more first.

BluePoint or Kojima Productions would be a lot more likely IMO.

Agree with this. The Order is better than people give them credit for. In terms of the mechanics. The werewolves are horrendous but the actual TPS parts are not too bad. Lone Echo was reviewed favourably (https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/lone-echo), so it will be interesting to see whether they will be pushed entirely to PSVR if they are acquired.

I remember Andrea Pessino physique more than I remember their games tbh. I think they want to belong to Sony, but I don't see a solid RoI for Sony here. They may acquire them just to prevent MS making cheeky moves.

Banned
Do Sony fanatics want them? Order 1886 is legit one of the worst, most insulting games I have ever played.

yeah their track record is full of mediocrity. what about the disappointing port of Okami on Wii? and now they just make absolutely forgettable VR games.

the only legit really good game they ever made was Daxter and that was more than a decade ago.

even the PSP God of War games weren't that great tbh, they were a novelty back then because it was God of War on a handheld, but compared to the console games they were just so much worse.

Really? I thought the graphics were insane. really nice

so to you good graphics means good game?
The Order is absolute garbage.

Last edited:
Really? I thought the graphics were insane. really nice

Graphically the game was nice but those graphics came at the expense of virtually every other element in the game.

It would have been a perfect $30 launch title to showcase next gen. A $60 title a year and some change after launch though, yuck.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I think it would of been done by now.
If they didn't do this gen when they were working so closely , I don't think it will ever happen.

hunthunt

Banned
Well they shitted the bed very badly with The Order but that game with 1 more year of development would have been fantastic, the looks are still there, 6 years later only a handful of console games look better.

They should co-develop games with Naughty Dog or Santa Monica to learn how to make fun games.

yurinka

C'mon Sony, I want to play a The Order sequel. It had one of the best world building, game setting, character design, visual design, sound design, soundtrack, visuals, voice acting, satisfying weapons and more we have seen this generation. They just needed some help in level design and boss fights, and to reduce a bit the amount of QTE.

In addition to do a The Order sequel, new IPs or great VR games, these guys can also help ND/Santa Monica/Bend/Sucker Punch/etc even if it's with tech or engine stuf.

Have they ever made anything good?
All the games they made for Sony on PSP and PS4 and for Oculus.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
- They already seem to be pretty much exclusive to Sony
- Nothing they make is generating that much money is it?

Possible they'd buy them, but it's kind of a "why" scenario at this point. Wouldn't really change much for consumers either so not sure why you care.

edit: Oh I guess they have kind of abandoned console for Rift? So I see why you care I guess. Would be good for PSVR.

I'm probably down for PSVR2 but playing PC VR not sure I could go backwards, PC VR already kind of makes me ill lol

Last edited:

Chun Swae

Banned
I would absolutely love this and they'd be a perfect fit. It's funny because the hate for The Order is absolutely meme level at this point and perpetuated by people that haven't played the game. The world, graphics, gunplay, and music in the order is still some of the best of the generation. All it needed was to be longer and more gameplay to cutscene ratio.

fallingdove

I don't know. I feel like The Order 1886 soured the relationship that Sony had with RAD. I feel like Remedy would be the better bet for Sony to fill the gaps between Naughty Dog/SSM/Guerilla/Suckerpunch releases.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
As much as I would love to see this happen and even more so, getting The Order 1887, neither is going to happen but good luck with that.

thelastword

Banned
I don't see why not, I would absolutely love to play a sequel to 1886......I even think RAD is good enough to make a sequel to Driveclub 2, we know very well the graphics will be bonkers and besides DC already has a template......The Order 1886 just needs a few adjustments; larger levels, more enemy types and better bosses..,,They had everything else nailed.....Their stealth and QTE's are pretty much the only elements of gameplay that needs some attention, and allow people to jump on their own...allow as much character movement/freedom as LOU and UC...

The graphics, sound, guns, gunplay, physics, characters, world and story are off the chain.....They could do so much with the story, characters and world......There's a goldmine to explore in there if they choose to invest/pursue it...

Top Bottom