• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE:Verse delayed until "Summer 2021" will not launch with RE VILLage.

jaysius

Banned

Re:Verse now Summer 2021 stated on official site.

SPECIFICATIONS

Title: Resident Evil Re:Verse

Re:Verse will launch Summer 2021.

Available on: PlayStation®4 / Xbox One / Steam

(PlayStation®5 will play the PlayStation®4 version, and the Xbox Series X will play the Xbox One version.)

Genre: Multi-player Action
Players: 4-6 people
Rating:
Re:Verse is an online game included with Resident Evil Village.
An internet connection is needed in order to play this game.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
I'm convinced this monstrosity only exists to sell overpriced DLC to players.

Delay it until infinity, Capcom.

It's quite a mess, but I kind of wanted to at least try it because it's a throwback to oldschool deathmatch with a slight twist.

I couldn't get into any of the beta test events on Xbox so I'm pretty much done with it.

I agree, it's to drain money from sad people.

jaysius

Banned
Should have just made Mercenaries better instead of making this.
They've been trying to make stupid idea multiplayer happen for quite a while now.

fetch gretchen wieners GIF

Sleepwalker

Remember that game where it was 1 player setting up traps as a dungeon master while the coop players tried to beat your stage?

how about ooperation racoon city?

umbrella corps?

Massive massive successes. Can't wait for re:verse

No but seriously Capcom, stop trying to make this work with RE, Co-op is where it should end at. I'm sure you can make a new multiplayer IP.

Kuranghi

Oh well, no big loss

nicolas cage shrug GIF

Very appropriate gif because RE:Verse sucks ton(gue)s.

You are being too diplomatic with your Face/Off gifs though, I'd have gone with the slightly more over the top:

CgH7.gif

I'm sorry if you had fun with this game, I'm just being silly, enjoy away.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
If you check the game on the PSN store after you bought it, it asks you which items do you want to download. This includes the PS4 or PS5 version of Village and RE:Verse. RE:Verse is only listed as the PS4 version. That’s not super important but it makes me wonder if A.) Will there be a PS5 version of RE:Verse? and B.) If I left all of those items checked, would it download both the PS5 and the PS4 versions of the game onto my PS5?

Last edited:

Jack Uzi

Banned
Just make another Outbreak style game. We’re at the point where they can make the game the way it should have been made

giphy.gif

With regards to online multiplayer RE. Capcom will never give me what I want.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
They've been trying to make stupid idea multiplayer happen for quite a while now.

fetch gretchen wieners GIF

What's funny is Capcom has had excellent third person multiplayer before, Lost Planet: Colonies Edition. They then decided to make the vs mode shit and the coop amazing for the second game, and then finally outsource the game to be a shitty dead space with mechs for the 3rd for no reason...

Capcom make some really weird decisions all the time.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Just make another Outbreak style game. We’re at the point where they can make the game the way it should have been made

giphy.gif

With regards to online multiplayer RE. Capcom will never give me what I want.
Man, REsistance just needed to be PVE. Why they made it PVP will never make sense. It literally made the game unplayable for the most part. I logged in probably 10 hours but had lost interest by the time all the other updates came out. Just wasn't worth going back to.

Not everyone wants to do PVP type shit, when will developers recognize this?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Let it go quietly into the night.

Hoping that maybe, just maybe, Capcom have finally realised that nobody wants 360/PS3-era esque tacked on multiplayer anymore.

We can say shit about RE:Verse all we want, but it was still a hell of a lot more fun to play than REsistance.

jaysius

Banned
Capcom has held a few events since and not even uttered a word about this thing. This is the retarded kid they keep under the stairs and barely remember to check on from time to time.

If it’s not dead, then it’s at death‘s door.

In the meantime, people that bought RE 8 were promised a huge chunk of content and we’ll probably never see it, that part is fucked. They need to acknowledge this shit at some point, in the form of a discount or something for a future title. I’m kind of surprised a weak lawsuit(that would fail) hasn’t been launched over this lie.

EDMIX

Let it go quietly into the night.

Hoping that maybe, just maybe, Capcom have finally realised that nobody wants 360/PS3-era esque tacked on multiplayer anymore.
agreed.

Even EA is realizing that shit with Single player Star Wars, BF with no SP and Dragon Age with no MP.

Better to just spend that money 100% on that concept focused then some side thing.

Shifty

We can say shit about RE:Verse all we want, but it was still a hell of a lot more fun to play than REsistance.
Both of which are still a far cry from the good survival horror multiplayer Capcom already set precedent for via Outbreak, or even the good action multiplayer they achieved with RE6 Mercenaries.

Really, they should just make a blowout standalone mercs game. Like the one on 3DS, but with all the budget, time, and modern platforms afforded to a mainline entry.

Top Bottom