• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RDR1 & GTA IV (2008) Remastered Rumors

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
What was said in the 4chan post:

1:Red Dead Redemption(2010) remastered will release in Q2(2023)

•Will use RDR2 graphics and some mechanics from it.

•The RDR1 versions of WE & NA map will be merged with RDR2s version.

•Mostly everything will remain the same as the original game,only exception is it will include dialogue referencing Arthur.

GTA IV(2008) remastered release in Q4(2023)

•Graphics have been majorly overhauled.The game will resemble GTA V graphics mixed with RDR2 clouds and weather system.

•Liberty City will have more NPCs and vehicles density.

•Will include modern gameplay mechanics from GTA V.The original weapon wheel is replaced with Vs.

•There will be 3 easter eggs directly linked to GTA 6.One of them is a new billboard at the airport showing the GTA rendition of Chicagos skyline.

[Bonus information]

GTA 6 is 4 years away(2025 is the targeted launch.)

•the GTA trilogy,RDR1 & GTA 4 remasters is supposed to hold fans off until 2024/2025.

•Setting takes place in modern day GTA renditions of Chicago & Detroit.

•Vice City was considering in 2015-2018 but it was scrapped in 2019/2020 due to being too similar to Los Santos.Rockstar devs thought Vice City wouldn’t work in modern times because of 80s nostalgia, and just previously doing a tropical setting with GTA V kinda makes sense.

salttruck.gif

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Rockstar: 'We've made billions on GTA V alone, what amazing new games can we make? What wonderous worlds we could forge!, it's going to be epic'

Also Rockstar: 'Fuck that, remaster the old shit, keep all the money'

Also, also Rockstar: 'buy our new GTA V, it's better than that stupid old GTA V'

Future Rockstar: 'Well we've finally kicked the shit out of GTA, what can we do now? Jim, any ideas? Well Max Payne doesnt have a remaster?

Gold star Jim, lets do that.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I just wanna hear that GTA6 is gonna be set in a future Amerikkka ruled by the Trump Dynasty with all the hilarity and social commentary as one would imagine but all set in a properly realized cyberpunk esq city, the perfect game

dotnotbot

Graphics have been majorly overhauled.The game will resemble GTA V graphics mixed with RDR2 clouds and weather system.

Sorry, not happening.

Remaking GTA IV like that takes way too much work and time for a relatively low profit. Rockstar themselves not gonna touch it, shitty remaster outsourced to cheap shitty small studio is the best we are ever going to get.

Last edited:
Rockstar: 'We've made billions on GTA V alone, what amazing new games can we make? What wonderous worlds we could forge!, it's going to be epic'

Also Rockstar: 'Fuck that, remaster the old shit, keep all the money'

Also, also Rockstar: 'buy our new GTA V, it's better than that stupid old GTA V'

Future Rockstar: 'Well we've finally kicked the shit out of GTA, what can we do now? Jim, any ideas? Well Max Payne doesnt have a remaster?

Gold star Jim, lets do that.
« Yeaaaa and we should make the olds Max Payne and Midnight Club LA back… »

« and Table Tennis for PSVR, sir »

Never gonna happen.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
They're gonna drag out this GTAO money wagon for as long as they can, no way are they dumping GTA6 when 5 is still pulling in crazy numbers, makes sense to pop out remasters to tide fans over without actually taking them away from spending $$$ on their cash cow, personally I've no interest in playing vice city etc, they look like bad mobile games to me even if they're considered classics

Kokoloko85

I doubt.

But I hope they dont change the driving controls in GTA4. To me its way better driving controls than GTA5. The driving controls made me quit 5

Also how about next gen RDR2 60fps patch

Kerotan

All we need is a gta 4 remaster and a next gen rdr2 upgrade so it actually works. Is that too much to ask?

usp84

Only thing i want is RDR 2 graphics and some of the open world elements to RDR 1.It's a no brainer considering half the map is already done.

Allandor

Just started to replay GTA IV. It still looks ok, but it could really benefit of a X-patch. Just increasing the resolution of the xb360 version would be good enough (IMHO).
Still the best GTA (next to Vice City) IMHO.

Top Bottom