• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ray Fisher Accuses Joss Whedon and Others of Abuse, Requests Independent Investigator; Refuses to Talk to Investigator

ManaByte

Gold Member

In July, Ray Fisher’s representatives asked DC Films President Walter Hamada to talk to Mr. Fisher about his concerns during the production of “Justice League.” The two had previously spoken when Mr. Hamada asked him to reprise his role as Cyborg in Warner Bros.’ upcoming Flash movie, together with other members of the Justice League. In their July conversation, Mr. Fisher recounted disagreements he’d had with the film’s creative team regarding his portrayal of Cyborg, and complained that his suggested script revisions were not adopted. Mr. Hamada explained that creative differences are a normal part of the production process, and that a film’s writer/director ultimately has to be in charge of these matters. Notably, Mr. Hamada also told Mr. Fisher that he would elevate his concerns to WarnerMedia so they could conduct an investigation. At no time did Mr. Hamada ever “throw anyone under the bus,” as Mr. Fisher has falsely claimed, or render any judgments about the “Justice League” production, in which Mr. Hamada had no involvement, since filming occurred before Mr. Hamada was elevated to his current position.

While Mr. Fisher never alleged any actionable misconduct against him, WarnerMedia nonetheless initiated an investigation into the concerns he’d raised about his character’s portrayal. Still not satisfied, Mr. Fisher insisted that WarnerMedia hire an independent third party investigator. This investigator has attempted multiple times to meet with Mr. Fisher to discuss his concerns but, to date, Mr. Fisher has declined to speak to the investigator. Warner Bros. remains committed to accountability and to the well-being of every cast and crew member on each of its productions. It also remains committed to investigating any specific and credible allegation of misconduct, which thus far Mr. Fisher has failed to provide.

Nothing says you're telling the truth like refusing to talk to the investigator you demand they hire.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I mean, I don’t want to cast any accusations myself, without a solid grasp of the situation, but it sounds like he just wanted to accuse people of things, and whip up a witch hunt, in the classic Current Year way.

A more solid legal case would have been to accuse Whedon of being a creepy, beady-eyed cuck.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I mean, I don’t want to cast any accusations myself, without a solid grasp of the situation, but it sounds like he just wanted to accuse people of things, and whip up a witch hunt, in the classic Current Year way.

A more solid legal case would have been to accuse Whedon of being a creepy, beady-eyed cuck.

Kevin Smith talked about it on an episode of Fatman and basically said he heard Whedon was talking shit about Snyder and his version of Justice League while doing the reshoots. If that's what Fisher thinks is abuse, no wonder he's running from the investigation he demanded.

ManaByte

Gold Member
This is becoming his whole career. The guy who start justice league drama no one cares about.

I guess him and John Boyega can sit down together and talk about the tough life of being black movie stars

Boyega went after Star Wars fans, Fisher went after the guy who is still producing DC's entire slate.

nush

Gold Member
Fuck Warner, why did they listen to that fuck and didn't send an investigator to me too?

It's performative cooperation. I'm sure all the players in the actual room can read what's really happening. The Twitter mob are waiting with knives.

Kev Kev

whos privileged now?

i swear, its like black people think they get a pass for fucking everything now.

"i should get special treatment because of the color of my skin!" <--fuck off you racist POS

frostyxc

Mediocre attention whore whored for too much attention and is now running away? Say it ain't so! The circle jerk Fisher and Boyega are in now must be... sticky. Ew!

Bolivar687

Banned
This thread is Mamabyte doing damage control for Geoff Johns. It's not going to work.

There's a reason he wasn't at DC Fandome but Ray Fisher was at Zack's feature.

Update:

Last edited:
W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
I guess him and John Boyega can sit down together and talk about the tough life of being black movie stars

They both strike me as actors who thought that they should have had bigger, more important parts than they did and are just pissed about it.

The difference is that in Fisher's case, it does seem like Cyborg was supposed to have a bigger part in the film and Whedon cut it so maybe he does have some right to complain.

Boyega just had the bad luck to be in terrible Star Wars sequel movies.

Everyone is a fucking victim these days.

There is a hard truth modern society needs to face, being a victim doesn't make you a hero.

Being a victim doesn't make you a better person or more morally righteous than someone who's not, you can still be a bad person and a victim.

The fact that victimhood is such a celebrated, vaunted and even desired status is nauseating and the polar opposite of the way things should be.

I say it again, being a victim does not make you a hero.

Last edited:

Nico_D

I can't say I understand how Boyega and now Fisher are not able to shut up and move on from disappointments. So you starred in a huge movie and probably got some money out of it but the part you played wasn't satisfactory? And?

If there has been misconducts or something, then sure. But the minute someone goes to Twitter with these things, credibility is out in my eyes.

Honestly, actors should just act and leave analyzing to others. Even the people I think would be smart enough to do it - Edward Norton - keep their mouths shut.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I'm skeptical of Ray Fisher's story because of the way he is going about this. I'll stay tuned.

Boyega comes across as the most bitter dude ever, 24/7. Can't stand to hear it anymore. Don't ask me to feel bad for your cushy lifestyle.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I can't say I understand how Boyega and now Fisher are not able to shut up and move on from disappointments. So you starred in a huge movie and probably got some money out of it but the part you played wasn't satisfactory? And?
You should never have an opinion on your life’s work? Nobody can say a thing about their job? If you get paid money you need to shut up forever?

I don’t get why people think these actors should shut up and not have opinions on these massive projects they devoted lives of their years to. If anyone has a right to complain it is the actual people doing the work. I really don’t get the idea they should shut up, do we stop musicians from talking about their old work? Or other artists? Seems like an unreasonable expectation.

Also I feel like most people here have never worked on a collaborative creative project. You genuinely don’t know how it will turn out and have to go along hoping things will work. Sometimes you realize you’ve been used all along and it wasn’t really the collaboration you imagined.

Last edited:

notseqi

You should never have an opinion on your life’s work? Nobody can say a thing about their job? If you get paid money you need to shut up forever?

I don’t get why people think these actors should shut up and not have opinions on these massive projects they devoted lives of their years to. If anyone has a right to complain it is the actual people doing the work. I really don’t get the idea they should shut up, do we stop musicians from talking about their old work? Or other artists? Seems like an unreasonable expectation.

Also I feel like most people here have never worked on a collaborative creative project. You genuinely don’t know how it will turn out and have to go along hoping things will work. Sometimes you realize you’ve been used all along and it wasn’t really the collaboration you imagined.
You can have an opinion but you also have an audience willing to listen to and judge that opinion. If you demand an investigator, get one, then refuse to collaborate you are opening yourself up to ridicule in any profession. The reach he has in his profession is a lot farther than others.
Either way, he has bad PR working for him or he overruled his PR willingly.

Heard a comment by some actor management guy (I think), it was something like: There are two kinds of people who work in this business; those who act and those who sue.

Nico_D

I really don’t get the idea they should shut up, do we stop musicians from talking about their old work? Or other artists? Seems like an unreasonable expectation.

That's actually what this is about: their old work. Boyega isn't talking about his work, he is talking about his collaborators' work; "I could've done whatever but I wasn't allowed to because of my [skin color/sexuality]".

I don't believe you or anyone else is ok with a solist analyzing some of his past work and saying: "yeah, my songs are fine but our drummer is a loser which really put the quality down". That is basically what I've seen Boyega say, multiple times.

Just like Fisher who seemingly has problems with his screen time. He has no say in his screen time, that is up to the director and producer.

Or remember Shia LaBaouf? When Ford called him idiot for slamming Indy 4? It may not have been a masterpiece but slamming it publicly he slams also the staff behind it. I don't see that being ok.

Naturally the social media rejoices when an actor hits something like TLJ.

The team behind Aquaman was vastly different to the one from Justice League.
It's still ultimately Warner, though. And if Warner are at war with Ray Fisher, and Momoa takes Fisher's side, which he has done, that may not go down too well with them.

UnNamed

Banned
How many chances Cavill, Gadot, Momoa, Affleck, Adams, Miller didn't see anything? Why no words from them about Weldon Whedon behaviour? Why Momoa also seems to be completely clueless about everything? Very strange.

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
How many chances Cavill, Gadot, Momoa, Affleck, Adams, Miller didn't see anything? Why no words from them about Weldon Whedon behaviour? Why Momoa also seems to be completely clueless about everything? Very strange.

Momoa says it did happen.

This guys hollywood career is over. Why would any company want to hire him at this point. Now hes involving Ben Affleck into this. Not smart.

Shut your mouth and let the investigators do their job. This guy should get off social media for his own sake.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
This guys hollywood career is over. Why would any company want to hire him at this point. Now hes involving Ben Affleck into this. Not smart.

Shut your mouth and let the investigators do their job. This guy should get off social media for his own sake.

i mean yeah but as much as I am against things like this, justice league killed his career and it was caused by alot on internal issues. I dont feel bad for him trying to get what he can out of it.

SafeOrAlone

Banned

He's probably aiming for sponsorship. Might hope to end up being a "brand representative" or something based off his "activism".

Last edited:
Top Bottom