• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate Ubisoft's E3 Press Conference

Rate Ubisoft's E3 Presser

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • C

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • D

Votes: 35 28.2%
  • F+

Votes: 19 15.3%
  • F-----------------

Votes: 51 41.1%

• Total voters

GamesAreFun

Banned
After 5 minutes I had to turn it off because of some bellend ubi supporter with his baseball on backwards (sat on the left), clapping and hollering every fucking sentence. At one point he lifted his hands to clap before the news was said!! He was surrounded by a bunch of ubi t-shirt wearing people who he lead in a clapping rally every chance he got. Was he a plant to rally the crowd? Of course. If he wasn't, then that guy needs to course correct his life and get a more valuable interest.

Lots of the audience are Ubisoft staff who would naturally be enthusiastic about their own work.

Jubenhimer

The problem with Ubisoft is the problem with E3 Press conferences in general. They're overhyped, overproduced bloatfests filled with cringey lines and long-winded speeches consisting entirely of buzzwords and marketing lingo. Each year they become more and more corporate, which means they become boring.

As for Ubisoft in particular, they showed some cool games, but did we really need an announcement of a fucking TV show at a GAMING event? Or how about that random dog that they brought on stage for no reason? It's sad that doggo was the most interesting part of the show. Overall, it was just a typical E3 conference as far as I'm concerned.

mitch1971

Lots of the audience are Ubisoft staff who would naturally be enthusiastic about their own work.
But, to the point of clapping over there own employees every minute, to the point of annoyance. It was like the ellen degeneres show on crack sometime.

Last edited:

Strider311

Words cannot describe how bummed out I am that we still aren’t getting a new Splinter Cell. Add that on top of no sign of Batman or Metal Gear and it makes this whole E3 a bust for me. (Except for Cyberpunk, which still looks phenomenal.)

F----------------- because they didn't announce a new Child of Light, Prince of Persia or Splinter Cell. Also, I didn't watch it. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Klayzer

After 5 minutes I had to turn it off because of some bellend ubi supporter with his baseball on backwards (sat on the left), clapping and hollering every fucking sentence. At one point he lifted his hands to clap before the news was said!! He was surrounded by a bunch of ubi t-shirt wearing people who he lead in a clapping rally every chance he got. Was he a plant to rally the crowd? Of course. If he wasn't, then that guy needs to course correct his life and get a more valuable interest.
Damm that dude was annoying. I Seacrest out on that conference.

Mozza

After that conference all Nintendo need to do is show a little bit of Animal crossing to win E3....poor show up to now.

0neAnd0nly

D.

Narrative and typical Ubisoft downgrade aside, Watch Dogs is trying impressive things. It’s different and inventive.

Cool that they are opening the Division 2 up for a few days. I like pro-consumer moves.

But most everything else was... meh.

The absence of Splinter Cell after 6 years of rumors is super strange. I wonder if the series is just an afterthought at this point, even with fan desire. I don’t think it is, but the half decade + of rumors with empty fulfillment isn’t a promising look for the series future.

I do think MS conference was better, if that is the current comparison.

Arun1910

A C from me but only because I am genuinely impressed with WDLegion and the new R6 looks cool. That roller skate thing looked decent too as a throwaway.

GenericUser

The only thing that kept me from falling asleep were the ultra fake reactions from the paid crowd. But my body eventually gave in during the whole ghost reacon borefest. Definitely an F for me.

Mozza

D.

Narrative and typical Ubisoft downgrade aside, Watch Dogs is trying impressive things. It’s different and inventive.

Cool that they are opening the Division 2 up for a few days. I like pro-consumer moves.

But most everything else was... meh.

The absence of Splinter Cell after 6 years of rumors is super strange. I wonder if the series is just an afterthought at this point, even with fan desire. I don’t think it is, but the half decade + of rumors with empty fulfillment isn’t a promising look for the series future.

I do think MS conference was better, if that is the current comparison.

It does say something about the quality of the conference when Watchdogs is the best thing about it.

Top Bottom