• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate the Xbox & Bethesda Showcase 2022

Rate the Showcase (1 being the lowest score, 10 being the highest)

Votes: 23 2.3%

Votes: 32 3.2%

Votes: 76 7.7%

Votes: 76 7.7%

Votes: 113 11.4%

Votes: 144 14.6%

Votes: 187 18.9%

Votes: 190 19.2%

Votes: 75 7.6%

Votes: 58 5.9%

Votes: 15 1.5%

• Total voters
I'm giving it a 2/10. I think the expectation was for MS to really deliver since they had "E3" all to themselves and that isn't what happened at all. If this was a Sony showing I would give it a 0/10, the fact that so many games are going to be on gamepass is what gets them a few points.

Starfield didn't look good but at least it was there and Forza did look good but it's a 2023 game, so their best content was bitter sweet.

Kojima announcement was weird, is it Overdose or not? Why not show it if it is?

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
Oh boy, don't you check the French grades /20 then...

Even worse, don't check how school is structured, you will get brain aneurism.
Yeah, some countries have weird ass grades metric. But most countries use the normal metric which is 0 to 10 or 0 to 100, which restores my faith in humanity, thank god.

Nautilus

Banned
About that 0 to 100 thing:

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Anyone voting this low, please can you link me a presentation as comparison for what a good show is please?

This was literally the next 12 months of 90 percent game pass games you get as your sub....I just can't see how it's not a top class show.

You think Microsoft go out and make these game pass deals and then not show them to the public? I saw a serious handful of games I'll be checking out day one. Thought it was a top tier show. Easily an 8 as a minimum imo.
For me personally, I have 0% interest in Gamepass. I have already played Persona and have no interest in online multiplayer games or racing (Forza) so, what's left? Some uninteresting indies, low budget titles, multiplats and Starfield.

Starfield was the only thing in the show that is interesting to me, hence a really low score from me. A good show for me is loaded with exclusives that I can't and haven't played on another platform 🙂

A good show for me makes me interested in owning the console. This didn't, at all. Each to his own! If you love the stuff I mentioned that doesn't interest me, then it was probably great?

Papacheeks

Banned
For me personally, I have 0% interest in Gamepass. I have already played Persona and have no interest in online multiplayer games or racing (Forza) so, what's left? Some uninteresting indies, low budget titles, multiplats and Starfield.

Starfield was the only thing in the show that is interesting to me, hence a really low score from me. A good show for me is loaded with exclusives that I can't and haven't played on another platform 🙂

A good show for me makes me interested in owning the console. This didn't, at all. Each to his own! If you love the stuff I mentioned that doesn't interest me, then it was probably great?

I'm waiting to see if XBox has some last minute buys later this fall for putting on their service.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm waiting to see if XBox has some last minute buys later this fall for putting on their service.
I'm hoping for Wanted: Dead and Sonic Frontiers.

But I don't know what indies are coming out for the rest of the year really. Somerville is probably dropping this summer. High on Life and Scorn in October.

I know you're not so hot on the Xbox showing, but I think it's going to be a challenge to play all that's coming out. Pentiment is supposedly 25 hours long.

Vognerful

Even if you take out first party games which obviously are not ready to show and with all the reporting about internal issues with a good amount of studios I understand the devcision. What I dont understand is literally last year they signed shit tons of games for day one on gamepass to help pad out the year foir 2021. Where is that strat for 2022? Like WTF? It shows everything hedged on starfield/Refall.

So it makes it look like 2021 was a fluke. 2022 there's no big game they signed to help take the hurt for delaying starfield/redfall.

All they had to do was announce CALISTO PROTOCAL day one gamepass or something on the lines of that and they would have a good fall.
Stalker 2

Redfall

Starfield

People seems to forget that they based 2022 to have these 3 games. No one expected stalker to get delayed due to he war.

Vognerful

Thankfully we are all different people and like different things. I honestly feel sorry if all you got from that Starfield deep dive was 'trash teir gameplay'.

As for the other point. What i meant was Microsoft have the studios now, after all the aqqusitions over the last 2-3 yrears. they dont just have 5 studios now, where there would of been a big chance hardly any games would be coming up. Now they DO have the studios now, 30+. So obviously the games will be coming, its just a waiting game at the moment. And i was talking about actual Xbox owners, i was talking about the concern trolling form the usual suspects, which i'm sure you already knew anyway.
Don't let him bait you, Microsoft offered a reason to own an Xbox long ago and it is called gamepass

Vognerful

It was probably too late for MS to lock down any big exclusives once they realized redfall and starfield weren't going to make 2022.

Was 2021 a fluke? You could ask the same thing about Sony? Sony had a bad 2021. Was that a fluke? It happens. 2023 is going to be bonkers for MS. So will you be asking the same thing of MS after next year? Was 2021 and 2023 flukes?

MS decided to only show games releasing in the next 12 months. We don't know what big hitters will be dropping in the second half of 2023. Could be avowed, Indiana jones, rare's next game, etc. Ridiculous 2023

And it's clearly an issue with your taste. We have some very interesting games releasing on Xbox game pass this fall and you're only interested in the collisto game. Hmmm ok
Stalker was also planned for 2022 and it got delayed.

It is funny how a game is not part 9f gamepass day 1 is a negative of the showcase, but since all the games that Sony shows are not exclusive except 1, and not coming to PSPlus is a positive?
It's all about expectations. I gave the State of Play a C+ because I didn't expect much after the disastrous SoP last October and the show turned out to be quite enjoyable.

Vognerful

I actually really loved it. They have had something for every genre and every gamer. I don't mind playing indies as best game of 2020 was one. In addition to he games they showed or teased, persona and kojima were megabombs.

I thought of giving it an 8, but then voted 9 due to all the salty comments in other threads (entertainment in the show and after it)

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I actually really loved it. They have had something for every genre and every gamer. I don't mind playing indies as best game of 2020 was one. In addition to he games they showed or teased, persona and kojima were megabombs.

I thought of giving it an 8, but then voted 9 due to all the salty comments in other threads (entertainment in the show and after it)

I read this comment so voted 7 instead of 8 so that this guy can no longer have the satisfaction of positively adjusting a score based on an unrelated subject.

II_JumPeR_I

Anyone voting this low, please can you link me a presentation as comparison for what a good show is please?

This was literally the next 12 months of 90 percent game pass games you get as your sub....I just can't see how it's not a top class show.

You think Microsoft go out and make these game pass deals and then not show them to the public? I saw a serious handful of games I'll be checking out day one. Thought it was a top tier show. Easily an 8 as a minimum imo.

They never disclosed that 12 months bs until we were 10 minutes or so into the show. That was the first mistake they made.

Then there is this big elephant in the room of games announced in freaking 2020 or even earlier with CGI trailers.

Fable, Contraband, Perfect Dark, Everwild etc.

You cant tell me they couldnt give us an ingame glimpse from any of these games after two freaking years?

Are the studios now in incompetent mode like 343i?

Oh do you remember that supposed big MS ip called Halo?
The new entry which is supposed to be a Live Service game, couldnt give us a glimpse into future content? Campaign Dlc, Battle Royal? ANYTHING?

Im watching the MS shows for over 10 years and this 2022 show was the worst and most boring MS showing.

Something really isnt going well at Microsoft. Most of their Studios are struggling to show progress it seems like.

Top Bottom