• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate The Sony State of Play June 2nd, 2022

Rate it

• A

Votes: 185 29.8%
  • B

Votes: 233 37.5%
  • C

Votes: 119 19.2%
  • D

Votes: 54 8.7%
  • F

Votes: 30 4.8%

• Total voters

kevm3

B. The Re4 reveal was awesome and the ff16 trailer was cool, but nothing mindblowing for me to want to give this an A. Still, this was way better than the past several state of plays.

yazenov

I give it a soild B for showing gameplay and no full CGI trailers. But it needed a Persona 6 or a Kojima game to push it to an A for me.

Last edited:
I gave it a C.

Two reasons I gave it a C: not really that excited about 30/40 year old franchises (that get a lot of attention every generation) and Sony's awful 2-year timed exclusivity for FFXVI.

Stray looks magnificent, I can't wait.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
C.

It was ok. A few great titles, but the rest was a bit of snooze fest.

No Grandblue Fantasy and Project EVE also made me lower the score.

Last edited:

Fbh

I find these hard to rate.
On its own I think it was a solid B. No big first party announcements but several good looking games (Calisto Protocol, FFXVI, RE4 Remake, etc).

But without a larger context it's hard to say. If they have plenty more to show an announce through the year this was solid, if this was it until the end of the year then it was disappointing.

Lunarorbit

Liked it a lot even though some of the games weren't my style. But wow what a diverse selection though.

Rollerdrome, stray, ff16, calisto, resident evil stuff. Weird floating aloy hands too!

TLZ

Banned
Gave it an A. Several new and wanted reveals; RE4, SF6, FF16, RE VR, Colico or whatever it's called (thought it was Dead Space).

Wish they showed VR2 hardware though.

Oh and Eternights looked interesting.

Last edited:
I give it a C/C+ because of the vr stuff looks extremely wack and looks like the stuff you can already somewhat play on the steam index or HTC vive or Oclus ect none of it looks great or interesting Sony should put light gun games on VR. SF6,Re4 remake,Spider man pc can be bought else where the only exclusive is FF16 which looks legit and will be playing eternights.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Solid B, I liked FFXVI, RE4 Remake and Stray from the show.

but I'm sad once AGAIN no Muramasa for modern systems.
oh-come-on-disappointed.gif

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
D-

Colistal Protocol looks real good, didn’t give a shit about anything else.

And this many graphically unimpressive games this late into the gen is a first.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I’m not going to vote. There was nothing to my taste although I did used to love Street Fighter in my youth. I just don’t have time for serious fighters now. Glad RE4 is there for the people that love it, I’ve never played it.

Why did Xbox bother with getting Tunic for what feels like a couple of months? Timed exclusives are laughably wank,

Nankatsu

Solid B. One of the best states I've seen.

Village full PSVR2 was a banger for me. Resident Evil 7 on VR was one of my favourite gaming experiences in recent years.

I'll 100% dodge village until I can play it on VR.

Plus RE4 Remake and FFXVI look hot

But it's all on 2023 so... It's a B.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
A solid D. Back in 2015, in their 1.5 year E3 show, they blew everyone away with Horizon, The last guardian and uncharted 4 along with announcement trailers for FF7 and Shenmue.

1.5 years into the PS5 era, we got a bunch of PS4 games that look like PS4 games and a couple of PS5 games that look like PS4 games. I dont even care about graphics anymore, just show me anything ambitious or innovative or different at this point. Horizon VR is literally Horizon VR. What are they bringing to this franchise thats new and exciting with this new hardware?

I dont know why FF16, a PS5 only game, looks worse than HFW. Same goes for RE4 which lets face it is a PS4 game in disguise.

But this was a third party showcase and we expected the third party to phone it in like they did early on last gen. This is why State of Playstation should contain PS first party games. This is why first party should only make next gen games because no one else does.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Voting A, I mean they can only show what's in the pipeline and likely set in stone. It is what it is. I'm just happy for Stray coming to PS+, and getting a longer look at FFXVI.

Sentenza

- Updates to games that are already out.
- Ports of games that are already out (incidentally the only part I may care about, if I get over the fact that the portion I played of Spiderman on PS4 bored me to tears).
- Updates about games that were announced and known for a while (and won't be out anytime soon).
- Almost-mandatory spot for pretentious indie wankfest (which was also already known and was shown one or two years ago before).

Firm C tier.

Last edited:

Handel

For a thirty minute, solely third party/VR presentation it was quite solid. RE4R announcement, FFXVI new trailer+release date, Stray release date, SF6 proper trailer, and some decent stuff out of the rest.

Gave it a B

I was pretty meh about it. I realise it isn't their big showcase so maybe had a little high expectations.
There wasn't much there for the strict PS5 players.
Lots of VR, which is good for the VR guys, and Spiderman for PC, but next gen only PS5 was slim pickings.
Give it a solid 6.5/10

sircaw

Banned
I would give it an A. Very impressed with what was on show.

These shows tbh are normally pretty bad but this one was shining bright.

Even the Vr stuff that does not interest me in the slightest looked like fun.

Even that game about god damn cats looked good, FS. I am praising duty furballs, what is the world coming too. "lollipop_disappointed:

Belthazar

Final Fantasy XVI and REM4KE were both fantastic and getting Stray day one on PS+ was a massive win and proof that they're taking the lineup seriously. Getting Tunic is also great

Pallas

Gold Member
Low B/High C, great announcements but not what I’d expect from a SoP. Though Stray is a very interesting game, and I refuse to get hyped for FFXVI until I see more.

fe17

Neo Member
I'll give it an A-. It's a State of Play, so I didn't expect mega-surprises (RE4 Remake was a pretty good one though). Only thing that could have made it better would have been news on God of War, but from the wording on their blog post it didn't sound like they were going to show first party non-VR games today

Top Bottom