• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate The Sony State of Play June 2nd, 2022

Rate it

• A

Votes: 185 29.8%
  • B

Votes: 233 37.5%
  • C

Votes: 119 19.2%
  • D

Votes: 54 8.7%
  • F

Votes: 30 4.8%

• Total voters

BlueHawk357

• RE 4 - 7/10
  • Village VR - 3/10
  • Retribution 3/10
  • Horizon VR 6/10
  • Stray 5/10
  • Callisto Protocol 7/10
  • Rollerdrome 2/10
  • Eternights 2/10
  • Street Fighter 6 8/10
  • Tunic 6/10
  • Season 3/10
  • Final Fantasy XVI 9/10
Overall score: 6/10 - very light B almost C.

I wasn’t expecting a great deal from PSVR2 but feel let down still.

Spider-man coming to PC is a dub.

Last edited:
B

FFXVI looked good but being a 2023 game felt like a delay.
No date on PSVR2 or additional info, no Half-Life: Alyx.
No God of War Ragnarok release date.
No TLoU Factions.

Stray on PS+ is an interesting development and saves me money.

RE4 Remake does nothing for me but I can't wait for everyone to realize how bad the original was.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
One of their best SoP to date
Agreed, you wooden oven owner
Inside Out Reaction GIF by Disney Pixar

Lognor

Banned
A
It had to blow away everyone's expectations. You don't get these types of games in a sop

Now Sony gotta live up to this sop for every future one. Lol.

clarky

Gold Member
Yeah not bad at all, something for everyone there. Would be nice to get some first party updates soon though.

Rated it a C because while it had some promising stuff half of it( most of the stuff im interested in) is multi platform.

Still worth half hour of my time, no fucking about and lots of games.

Last edited:
D. the fun parts of horizon certainly aint shooting the bow to me
really nothing else worth my attention except the tony hawk with guns game

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
These shows will never be as good as an E3 kind of event, but this one was definitely better than the usual Sony or MS half hour show.

An A games show case, B Sony showcase since most of it was third party coming to both platform. Good state of play. Deff would have been a banger in an E3 2 hour show with their exclusives as well.

Camreezie

8/10
Missing the and one more thing for me , i know final fantasy 16 was a big thing for a lot of others. Hype as fuck for RE4 and Callisto Protocol also looked dope. Stray on ps plus is awesome , and the surprise port of Tunic is cool. Street fighter 6 gameplay reveal too. Solid as hell showing, best state of play for me for a while.

A bit strange no Little Devil Inside info and I'm assuming God of War will just get a state of play on its own to announce the release date now

An event featuring a remake of the greatest game of all time (RE4) is an A+ in my book.

Anything beyond that is icing on the cake.

PS: If Street Fighter 6 is going for Third Strike-style "acid jazz/hip hop" vibes, even more awesome!

T-Cake

I’m going to deduct a grade simply because it was all over too quick! Another 15 minutes or so would have been perfect. And I’m a wee bit disappointed there was no release date for Uncharted 4 PC nor Returnal PC but Spider-man made up for that.

Top Bottom