• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate PS5's Sept 16, Games Showcase! Poll Inside!

How would you rate PS5 Game Showcase for Sept. 16?

• Total voters
Simple, 1-10 rating. A place to celebrate or vent.

My take: 4 out 10.

Negatives:

Games price hike - Horrible
Lies and BS (lack of transparency) around cross-gen support (Miles Morales, and Horizon II: Forbidden West). "We believe in generations".... then pull a fast one as if we're none the wiser. The F?
Too much third party content (COD etc taking too much of the show) that didn't feel fresh (except Harry Potter).
God of War reveal only being a damn teaser. Couldn't give Thor even a 2 second cameo? I knew Ragnarok was coming....
Final Fantasy XVI moneyhat falling flat (looking cross-gen as hell). Money could have been spent elsewhere on a different game.

Positives:

Gameplay of games shown - overall - 1 point.
Console Price meeting expectation - 1 point.
Demon Souls Remake looking great - 1 point.
Ragnarok 2021 (early 2022 my bet) - 0.5 point.
Playstation Plus Instant Games Collection - 0.5 point.

Last edited:

Moonjt9

That Demon’s Souls gameplay archstone instant transition sold me on a ps5 today. Killer lineup of launch titles. Would have been 10/10 but God Of War just being a title reveal with no footage knocked a point down, regardless of how hype the reveal was.

Had it as a 7 and then remembered that except for the God of War logo, the last game we saw was Fortnite. That deducted a point. Overall I thought it was a solid gaming show, FF XVI looked like it has an interesting setting. The rest didn't grab me, but it wasn't offensive. The price was really solid and stiff armed Microsoft which is what ultimately this was all about. So good stuff all around.

Demon’s Souls day one got me off my ass to actually go to a Game Stop and purchase a disc drive version of the console. So the show worked.

That game is flexing and pushing consoles right now. Same boat here. Not sure I would have pre-ordered one for Sackboy and Miles after all the BS.

Sony showed 9 games, all of which were single player, third person action games.

No innovation. No multiplayer. No creativity.

If it wasn't for the price point, they'd deserve a 0/10.

Odd to me that they didn't show Destruction All Stars - a launch game, which is right up your alley, and made for that demographic. I mean technically Fornite but everyone knows that.

Last edited:
Price and Ragnarok saved it from being a bomb - 2/10

The Good

• Not getting my wallet raped
  • PS Gamepass...although most of the game people already know
  • GOW Ragnarok...probrably 4 years away but hyped

The Bad
  • CG Renders again of the console...i dont think anyone has actually seen a proper console in the wild
  • Hardly anything new game wise
  • I know you paid epic 250million but why feature a game thats on practically every platform in your show?
  • Five Nights at Freddies...really???
  • Paid remasters DMC/

The Ugly
Still dont know anything about
  • How loud it is
  • Whats the UI is like
  • How does upgrading the storage work and what type (SSD external drives are expensive)
  • Has psn changes and how does it work with ps4
  • How does the BC actually works...boost modes ect
  • Supported outputs - mainly for ultrawide users
  • We know there is a psvr2....where was it?

Sakura

Not anything that they showed looked next gen. Add on to that the launch lineup being abysmal. Pretty bad showing, and not doing a good job of portraying the worth of the PS5.

8 out of 10. Demon souls looked more next Gen than anything at any event and had gameplay. Spiderman dope, looper looked good, Harry Potter looked great, price was on point, Devil may cry remastered looked interesting, cold War alpha multiplayer starting Fri was good, all those free ps4 games for plus is so good and aesthetically the way thy did the PlayStation event with the zoomed in console was good. God of War 2021 was nice surprise.

Negatives

God of War 2 was a cock tease, no gameplay.

Horizon is cross gen thus not taking full advantage of ps5

Last edited:
Underwhelming.

Not piss poor and not excellent.

Expected more and disappointed by lack of PS5 Only titles.

That said i will still get PS5 just because i hate PS4 Pro so much. Now that all that cross gen shit is out of the way for both MS and Sony, hopefully upcoming chat can be about the games.

*EDIT*
One more POSITIVE: EB Games here is doing a trade-in deal so i can kick my Pro to the curb and pick up PS5 for alot cheaper. Happy days

8 out of 10. Demon souls looked more next Gen than anything at any event and had gameplay. Spiderman dope, looper looked good, Harry Potter looked great, price was on point, Devil may cry remastered looked interesting, cold War alpha multiplayer starting Fri was good, all those free ps4 games for plus is so good and aesthetically the way thy did the PlayStation event with the zoomed in console was good. God of War 2021 was nice surprise.

Negatives

God of War 2 was a cock tease, no gameplay.

Horizon is cross gen thus not taking full advantage of ps5
Yeah It was always going to be a cock tease.
Still though they could have done more than just the fucking text reveal lol

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
10 - FFXVI was revealed

I'll give it a 4/10.

I wasn't very impressed by anything I saw, too many cross-gen and multiplatform games. Nothing that showed of the capabilities of the PS5 really. No UI, no loading times, no BC info. Also, way too long segments for Deathloop and COD. Final Fantasy looked like an early-gen PS4 game (also waaaay too long segment).

Demon's Souls looked kinda cool I guess but not mind-blowing or anything. At least we got the price, so that's cool. Oh and it was nice to get a God of War teaser. The Hogwarts game was cool, but again cross-gen and multiplat.

Very low-effort and lackluster, nothing that screamed "I REALLY NEED TO GO BUY A PS5!"

But I will, of course.

Last edited:
Underwhelming.

Not piss poor and not excellent.

Expected more and disappointed by lack of PS5 Only titles.

That said i will still get PS5 just because i hate PS4 Pro so much. Now that all that cross gen shit is out of the way for both MS and Sony, hopefully upcoming chat can be about the games.

*EDIT*
One more POSITIVE: EB Games here is doing a trade-in deal so i can kick my Pro to the curb and pick up PS5 for alot cheaper. Happy days

Yeah It was always going to be a cock tease.
Still though they could have done more than just the fucking text reveal lol

That made me so mad lol 😂 😂 😂

Highest points in the reveal was FF16 and GOW. Everything else sort of just meh, skip please.

Don't think I'll be buying a PS5 when it launches. Will probably wait 6mo-1yr before bothering since the launch line up is pretty poor. Only thing it's launching with that I'd really be interested in playing would be Demons Souls but that can wait until there are other games (reasons) to buy the console closer to 2021.

Games i'm actually interested in that are in the forecast so far are:

Demons Souls
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Final Fantasy 16
Project Athia
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Little Devil Inside
Little Nightmares 2
God of War: Ragnarok
Overcooked: All You Can Eat
Resident Evil 8: Village
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2
Returnal

The rest looks like filler content/indie titles, I dont like typically, or are games that are not worth their price tags.

Last edited:

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I liked it better than the first showcase. Less time on stuff like Bugsnax and more gameplay shown of games I actually care about.

Conference was 8/10 before Sony decided to hide all their dirty little secrets behind a Japanese blog post after the show was over. After knowing that all their games will now be $70 and that they have in-fact been deceptive in regards to cross-generational support for most of their launch line-up, the conference is now a 5/10 in my eyes.

Labolas

7/10 - The higher prices for games and a lot of the same stuff we've seen already. FFXVI was really the only thing that kinda surprised me.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
The showcase was fine, it was all the extra info after that damned them.

I dint get why they feel they have to be sneaky about it. The audience wants the info and hiding it makes you seem slimy.

Liked the price - not impressed by the games. No desire to play any of them - do want to play ratchet and clank tho whenever that happens. This next gen is off to a very rough start

SaucyJack

Felt a bit rushed and messy at the time. Needed the blog posts and Dorito Pope updates to make sense of it all.

But good content and good price.

Still feels like we are waiting on a lot of PS5 info though.

Are they not? Am I wrong? I think they're actually saying launch window, you got me on how big a launch window is.
They’re not. Just saying demon souls and spider man etc - I hope it’s a launch title since literally none of the games they have shown am I interested in. Maaaaybe demon souls but I’d really only drop $70 on ratchet and clank

Pinktaco

I have low expectations, so it was fine for me.
Im not sure why people have these wild expectations from a launch, considering the previous generations..

They’re not. Just saying demon souls and spider man etc - I hope it’s a launch title since literally none of the games they have shown am I interested in. Maaaaybe demon souls but I’d really only drop $70 on ratchet and clank

Yeah, I'm seeing online all the way until March 2021 counts as launch window, I guess it's a quarterly thing? I dunno.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
FOMO and COVID sold me a PS5 today. I don't regret it because the damn thing flew off the internet tables.

I am very optimistic in the medium to long term about both consoles, so I'll be picking them up regardless.

Personally I think the Xbox one X and the PS4 Pro were the mistake, these companies don't want to burn the costumers that paid top dollar for these system as late as a year to 6 months ago. Should have either toughened it up with the regular consoles or released next gen a year or 2 ago.

Back to topic I would rate today's presentation a 5/10

Positives

- Price was within the expected boundaries
- PS plus collection was good
- Demon's Souls looked good and Hogwarts looked interesting, I guess Spiderman too.

Negatives

- Lies. I don't mind transition periods and cross gen games, in fact, I think it's smart. But I don't like being lied to, have the balls to say you're going to be supporting both for a bit instead of trying to make fun of the competition for doing the same thing.
- Price hike on games and accessories, games are going to cost over $100 here in Canada. Big blow.
- No info on game sharing.
- No info on the unannounced system specs/features.
- We still haven't even seen the OS.
- The PS5 disc edition is more expensive than the XSX here in Canada (I know this doesnt affect the US but other countries have been affected by irregular pricing).
- Too much COD.

Last edited:
I assume they haven’t ruled it out entirely then though right?

I'm assuming they're just not sure of when they'll go Gold is all. We've seen more gameplay from it than some games that allegedly ARE launch titles, so I dunno. I feel like SONY isn't done drip-feeding us info on the PS5 so we'll see how the next few weeks shake out.

bender

What time is it?
in order:

-Final Fantasy: Not my cup of tea
-Miles Morales: Loved Spider Man so this is a no brainer.
-Hogwarts: I'm a mature adult, not a children's entertainer /dsp voice
-Call of Duty: Don't care
-Time Loop: Time Nope
-Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition: If there is an upgrade path, I'll get it on once its' on deep discount.
-Resident Evil Village: Yes, please.
-Oddworld: I loved this series back in the day but playing some of the remasters have left me cold on the series.
-Five Nights at Freddy's: No idea
-Demon Souls: The reason to jump in at launch.
-Fortnite: What?
-PS+ Collection :I own all this stuff but it's a nice benefit. 99% of PS4 library is BC
-Price: Entry is lower than expected, they nailed it.
-God of War: I liked the last one but wouldn't say I'm excited.

7/10 - Mostly carried by Miles Morales, Demon Souls, Resident Evil, PS+ Collection & BC news

Jubenhimer

I thought it was kind of a step down from the June even honestly. I feel that was more special since it was the first time we saw PS5 gameplay. I think we should've gotten a look at the OS.

Top Bottom