• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate PS5's Sept 16, Games Showcase! Poll Inside!

How would you rate PS5 Game Showcase for Sept. 16?

• Total voters

TriSuit666

Banned
It was crap, honestly. Outside of Demon Souls, none of the games shown interested me at all, especially with all the big games getting announced for the PS4 as well, I'm surprised there was no backlash similar to the XSS announcement.

The price was the icing on the cake, how this can be taken as 'sticking it to Xbox, I'm not sure' - PS owners must have deep pockets.

CouzinD

It was fine for what it was. We got price, release date and a look at some games.

That was fine for me.

Ellery

I liked the show. I gave it a 9/10.
Demon's Souls Remake looks amazing. We got to see Final Fantasy XVI and Hogwarts and a confirmation for a new God of War releasing way sooner than I expected.
Given that it was a 40 minute show and we got price + release date and lots of games + actual gameplay I might even consider giving it a 10/10, but I think 9/10 is fair.

However there are things that became clear after the show that I am not too happy about. The european prices for games are absolutely insane.
I also have to call out the cross gen games Spider Man and Horizon. Thankfully I don't like those games and didn't plan on buying/playing them, but it sucks for those that were interested in them.

Lots of nasty things after the show that I think Sony knowingly held back during the conference which I think is pretty shitty and all of it feels very Jim Ryan to me.

But we all know that next gen starts when Naughty Dog says so.

Night.Ninja

Banned
I expected to be blown away but left slightly disappointed.

All it did was let me know i dont need a PS5 at launch. I was never impressed by Spiderman and HZD and now its come out that they are cross gen all makes sense now.

None of the game really made me want a PS5 on day one, people go on about demon souls but i already played it.

The price for the digital edition is great but then the game price hikes are not.

i really thought this showcase would crush the series x

For me it was pretty bad,
Actually i was hopping for UI, Control, Console without CGI, like unboxing.

but we had the price and date. So 3/10

UnNamed

Banned
Interesting price, and good exclusives too. But nothing that seems next gen to me. I'm not willing to spend money for games that easily run on old gen hardwares.

Stuart360

Gave it a 3, and that was only because of Demons Souls, i would of given it a 2 otherwise.
Most of the games shown were trailers or cutscenes, with very little actual gameplay outside of Demons Souls. All the games except Demon's Souls looked current gen as well.
I judge these shows from a graphics perspective, as thats why we are watching these kind of shows before a new gen.
For me, easily the worst show out of all 4 Microsoft/Sony shows so far.

8/10

The show itself was great, it's just a shame we've had so much bollocks after with the first party game price hike, the confusion over whether exclusives will be ported to PC too or not, and reveal of 2 games actually being crossgen now, completely deflating their hype (even though one of the two crossgen games wasn't even showcased).

The show itself was still great though, and Playstation is still in a much stronger position going into next gen than Xbox, but they need to stop making dumb decisions and stick with what we as customers want from console gaming, not worry about the disingenuous load of old wank MS PR keep spewing.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
2/10.

Found myself bored. Don't like Final Fantasy as is it's just a bunch of edgy guys with huge swords and emo hair riding about on really big chickens. Also, Spiderman ain't my thing. I just don't like Marvel superhero bullshit.

Can't even remember any other games that were shown ... Except Hogwarts Legacy and Demons Souls. Now those two games are HYPE. Well, one really cause Hogwarts Legacy is gonna be on Xbox/PC too so the only real game that "sold" me on PS5 was Demons Souls.

The price/date reveal was the only other good thing and just because they FINALLY did it and now we can stop arguing over that stuff.

Anyway, I have a PS5 pre-ordered now. Not even sure I'm gonna keep it! It's just really a back up incase I can't get hold of an Xbox Series X.

Reactions: MrS
8 or 8.5. Very, very solid show, despite being only 40 minutes long. Perfect pricing, FF XVI being timed exclusive and the amazing Demon’s Souls make it punch above it weight. The planned first year of the PS5 is absolutely crazy: Deathloop, Kena, Destruction All Stars, Ratchet and Clank, Demon’s Souls, Spiderman Miles Morales, God of War Ragnaork, FFXVI (possibly...)...
I intended to wait another year or so, but I shall try to get one before Christmas...Or, at least during Q1 OF 2021.

Last edited:
5/10

As another poster said, I was also bored through a lot of it. Considering God of War is 2021 couldn’t of they least shown a fragment of gameplay? No but here is PS5 Fortnite !!

No showing of the UI/Features

They have shown better than Microsoft imo however both have been underwhelming so far. “Next generation” feels rushed to me.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I thought it was worse than June.

Objectively it was probably a solid 7 but I went from being really interested in getting a PS5 day one to deciding to wait.

Nothing shown really excited me.

DonF

No BIG surprises, no megatons, I wanted price and availability, FFXVI looks like its way off. Barely a 5.

MiguelItUp

I thought it was definitely above average as there were some legitimate surprises. But they were all available for other systems aside from God of War, haha. (Well, potentially Demon Souls as well..)

But I enjoyed it more than other streams we've seen this year.

Hogwarts reveal/confirmation, God of War tease, FFXVI, release date and pricing. It was decent.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
Demon's Souls (+1) was the only thing of interest to me. Everything else was rubbish (0)

1/10

Saber

Gold Member
Solid 8.

They showed biggies like a gameplay of Demon Souls and a video of FF XVI.
Not much a fan of this new Sipder-Man but its something.
It has Howarts Legacy, not sure its a big deal but I'm interested. Not gonna praise because theres no gameplay showed though.
I don't give a shit about that Bethesda game, would say its the lowest part of the video.

Also, showed prices. Not something mindblowing though.

The biggest and happiest part of the video:
Not showing that dumb crap furry game.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
Gave it 9 only because of the mixed messaging afterwards. Horizon 2 crossgen is ridiculous. 399, exclusive final fantasy that actually looks good, other huge third party reveals, and demon souls remake in my mind makes this one of the best conferences since the 2015/16 E3s of yore.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

Liked FFXVI, RE VIII, DMC V and Demons Souls.
Didn't liked the 80€ in EU, the shitty reveal for GoW2 (it deserved better imo) and the lack of surprises or WOW this is next-gen moments.
Also, still extra salty about the Demons Souls on PC drama.

And it has a +1 for no Volcano High.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Direct to the point.

Games, games, games, games, games, games, games, price, release date, end.

Awesome show.

PS. The last two shows revealed how much Sony changed from their boring presentation in the past.

Last edited:

thebigmanjosh

Gold Member
Sony fumbled the bag when all they had to do was lay their cards out on the table, but we were left to get some pretty critical information from Geoff Keighley and a blog post. I get burying some information like H:FW/SMM being cross gen, but pre-order details and launch games should've been front and center.

9/10 content, 6/10 delivery.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Very disappointed there weren't any news on how GTA V on PS5 will play. Most anticipated game of next-gen, right after Balan Wonderworld.
It's not coming until next summer so probably won't find out for another 6 months. There should be a major update to the current version in December and another next June. The last update was meh but I'm guessing they shelved the cops and robbers update thanks to that blm BS.

ethomaz

Banned
For me it was pretty bad,
Actually i was hopping for UI, Control, Console without CGI, like unboxing.

but we had the price and date. So 3/10
Well it was a Game Showcase... so I don't know why did you expected these others things.

"Before PlayStation 5 launches this holiday, we wanted to give you one more look at some of the great games coming to PS5 at launch (and beyond!).

Our next digital showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes, and feature updates on the latest titles from Worldwide Studios and our world-class development partners. "

They were very clear.

Last edited:
Gave it a 2.
Final Fantasy - looked ok, but I have a good PC and not a lot of faith after FFXV.
Spiderman - enjoyed original, will enjoy this on PS4 Pro.
Hogwarts - looked ok, but can get on PC
Demons Souls - looked cool, but not a fan of the Souls games
GOW2 - loved the reboot but obviously nothing shown.
PS Plus announcement was cool if I didn't have or have played 80% of the games.
Rest looked like junk.
Outside of wanting to have a quieter machine than my Pro I can't really justify spending the money on a new console. I was a bit shocked to see the digital edition was so cheap, $100 for a blu-ray player is insane, IMO. Most my games are digital anyways, so that will be the eventual way I go.

MrS

Banned
Good - Miles, Demon's and price
Bad - Literally everything else especially bullshit staggered release date. PS+ initiative is garbage too and does nothing for me as a PS4 owner who has played a shit load of those games.

Last edited:
I gave it a 10.

It was the one Sony conference I can remember where apart from Oddworld, I wanted to play every game shown. They started with FINAL FREAKING FANTASY XVI, Spider-Man Miles Morales, the Harry Potter RPG, Resident Evil VIII, Deathloop, Call of Duty Cold War, DMCV SE, DEMONS SOULS AS A LAUNCH TITLE, PS+ Collection, price, and then GOD OF WAR II confirmed for 2021!

The only way this could've been better is more Horizon footage or an MGS Remake.

It was short, but it packed a punch. By the end of it, I couldn't breathe.

martino

i'm judging the presentation not the content
and for me it's 10/10 and how it needs to be done especially showing games (taking, showing the game with as much as possible with gameplay with no other bullshit)
content of more of mix bag in my case but it can take a step back and still see the first will be more than solid.

i'm judging the presentation not the content
and for me it's 10/10 and how it needs to be done especially showing games (taking, showing the game with as much as possible with gameplay with no other bullshit)
content of more of mix bag in my case but it can take a step back and still see the first will be more than solid.

In the heat of things it felt different. It's true, as you allude, and as another poster said, that, it's the announcements outside the showcase itself that are the more problematic and should not be lumped. I still think it was too heavy on third party multiplats. Destruction All-Stars slated for launch and not shown? Also Returnal missing? Those are big misses for me.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
8 or a 9 realistically because there was little fat and practically everything they showed was a big IP. Not interested in Fortnite whatsoever myself, but a lot of people are so it was a good choice for inclusion.

Look it was a short, punchy show that opened with a FFXVI reveal and ended with a tease for God of War 2, with a reveal of a next-gen Demon's Souls along the way. That's a strong showing just for software, add on top the pricing reveal and you'd have to be a raving console warrior not to admit it deserves high marks.

Top Bottom