• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart will run at dynamic 4K resolution, targets 60 FPS for performance mode

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I agree. I play MM on performance with RT on a LG CX. Can’t see the difference other than being smoother.

Same goes with DS.

I easy see the difference between Native 4K with RT and Performance RT on Spiderman MM, but I would still have played in Performance RT if didn't 100% done the game before that patch. In motion Performance RT looks so much better than Fidelity mode native 4K, and statically the later looks pretty superior in terms of sharpness and clarity. You're usually traveling in high speeds and missing most of that details with 30fps being muddied with blurr, so overall Performance RT is the best mode. In TLOU2 I would rather take the 30fps mode because it's not really a fast game and gives that cinematic vibe. Overall 60fps is usually the best mode, but not necessarily always. I might end up playing in 30fps on R&C, but then you should not play any 60fps game in between because it's always hard to go from 60fps to 30fps and takes time for you to adapt.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I hope not, it will butcher the perceived image quality but each to their own :)

Also it's so important that you NEVER play any game at 60fps or higher during your playthrough cycle of a game you chose to play in 30fps. Like Watch Dogs Legion, although it looks noisy and shit, I really enjoyed it but Ubisoft is usually technically inept and that graphics mode is bad even for a 60fps mode, let alone 30fps.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Hendrick's Hendrick's

Are you going to actually come up with a response to them who answered you?
What’s so weird for people going to play this at 30fps?
Do I need to? Games are unplayable at 30 fps imo, but if you want to pretend the pretty graphics make up for that, what do I care?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping for a Performance Ray Tracing mode. Give me 1440p, 60FPS and Ray Tracing and I will be very happy. :)

Games are unplayable at 30 fps imo
DWWdIXn.gif

Kerotan

Perfect launch date for me. I'm on the last act in tsutshima and then I'll have time to finish control. Then my first Ps5 game ratchet and clank. Super hyped.

From what I knew their engine it's 4k native 30 FPS with raytracing and 60 FPS 4k DRS. It's dynamic 1080p - 1440p just with raytrayced on at 60 FPS.
Not this game its clearly stated to be dynamic 4k. Its only 60fps in performance mode, if it was dynamic 4k at 60fps there would be no performance mode. Where you even getting this information from?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I doubt most of the developers will offer such option when cross gen will be abandoned and the console pushed to the extreme. Hope to be wrong.
I am speaking specifically Sony 1st party. 3rd party is going to do what they do, and get flack or not depending on their decisions.

assurdum

Banned
Not this game its clearly stated to be dynamic 4k. Its only 60fps in performance mode, if it was dynamic 4k at 60fps there would be no performance mode. Where you even getting this information from?
Where? Ok I see in the OP. But 1080p 1440p at 60 FPS it's ridiculous low for their standard

Last edited:
Where? Ok I see in the OP. But 1080p 1440p at 60 FPS it's ridiculous low for their standard
Oh now you see it, it's all there in black and white. Regardless game looks amazing, this looks much better than previous PS5 games so I wouldn't be too disappointed.

Banned
And? You are very naive if you think 60 FPS will stay forever on console going further to the generation.

people get conditioned really hard right now to get a 60fps mode. it will get harder and harder for publishers to abandon this trend as time goes on.

even one of the outliers, Watch Dogs, will get a performance mode now that many people wanted it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
people get conditioned really hard right now to get a 60fps mode. it will get harder and harder for publishers to abandon this trend as time goes on.

even one of the outliers, Watch Dogs, will get a performance mode now that many people wanted it.
That's how I see it. Having a beefy CPU now also makes for this to be a reality the whole gen, with the obvious sacrifices.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Oh now you see it, it's all there in black and white. Regardless game looks amazing, this looks much better than previous PS5 games so I wouldn't be too disappointed.
Just to be precise my data coming from the pixels counts of Spiderman Morales. Maybe it was 4k dynamic there too but impossible to see

Top Bottom