• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - Review Thread

THEAP99

Banned
Not what I wanted to hear. I just predownloaded - I think I’m committed to it just due to the graphical showcase nature of it that I’m interested in. But I legitimately don’t enjoy the 2016 game - would you say it’s at least quite better than that one? I don’t care about weapons being funny just gameplay/movement and stuff
i don't know i don't have the game I am not "joraptor." What I can say is that I always thought that dude was known for Ass-Creed videos

I ain't anybodys alt, bit weird to be accused of such a thing just because my accounts new.

music video GIF

Well that was over quick.

Vick

No1 quite makes a game like them. You get cheap imidations like Tomb Raider (which the gameplay is great ) but the voice acting, animations, Rollercoaster action parts and story is stellar in naughty games, unmatched.
I disagree with this, for the simple reason the biggest downgrade of all, when coming from a Naughty Dog game to say Tomb Raider, is in fact straight gameplay. Lara simply feels like shit to control compared to Drake, input delay, motion matching, climing system, cover system, shooting system, are whole generations behind, like going from the latest 120fps Call of Duty/Doom on an Xbox Elite Controller/Dualsense to an early, clunky, PS3 generation FPS played on a DualShock 3..

I couldn't care any less about the graphics, acting, direction, art and whatnot disparity because they are good enough to be at least enjoyable in TB, it's simply the fluidity of gameplay which is not even remotely in the same league.

I mean, try to imagine a multiplayer match in Uncharted 4 with Tomb Raider controls.. it's utterly inconceivable.

Different thing for the game structure, where i prefer Tomb Raider games.

Fredrik

I watched NXGamer’s (IGN) performance review on my LG CX. Holy shit this game looks good.
Doesn’t matter where you watch it, I watched it on my phone and it’ll take years (or another Insomniac game) before someone surpass this visually. It’s not just the graphics, it’s the animations and design as well. A new king is here. Yup. ND needs to stop being obsessed about violence, they ain’t touching this unless they make a new Jak game or something else where they can let their imagination run wild. Insomniac has set a new bar here.

Only problem is that people won’t get to play it because there are no consoles. Talked to a swedish retailer. They had no idea what so ever when they would get any consoles. The only consoles that are sold right now are from regular people or some stores you’ve never heard about before, at nearly 2x the launch price. You can’t even place an order to be on a queue, that functionality is closed. Reminds me of last gen when XB1 was delayed for a year here. It’s very much like it hasn’t launched yet. Sucks.

Entroyp

Doesn’t matter where you watch it, I watched it on my phone and it’ll take years (or another Insomniac game) before someone surpass this visually. It’s not just the graphics, it’s the animations and design as well. A new king is here. Yup. ND needs to stop being obsessed about violence, they ain’t touching this unless they make a new Jak game or something else where they can let their imagination run wild. Insomniac has set a new bar here.

Only problem is that people won’t get to play it because there are no consoles. Talked to a swedish retailer. They had no idea what so ever when they would get any consoles. The only consoles that are sold right now are from regular people or some stores you’ve never heard about before, at nearly 2x the launch price. You can’t even place an order to be on a queue, that functionality is closed. Reminds me of last gen when XB1 was delayed for a year here. It’s very much like it hasn’t launched yet. Sucks.

Can’t argue with that. I really wish everyone that wants to play this game could get a PS5 by driving to a store.

Fredrik

Can’t argue with that. I really wish everyone that wants to play this game could get a PS5 by driving to a store.
Yeah, I understand that it’s different in some countries but I’m so close to just give up and put everything from Sony on ignore right now, would probably make my life better. Every news and review I read just end with me being angry or sad as it is. I have a XSX, maybe better to focus on that for a year or however long this shit continues. If Sony could at least start putting their new games on PS Now I could play them there instead but they’re just pushing out old crap there. There is no solution. Sucks. 😞

Entroyp

Yeah, I understand that it’s different in some countries but I’m so close to just give up and put everything from Sony on ignore right now, would probably make my life better. Every news and review I read just end with me being angry or sad as it is. I have a XSX, maybe better to focus on that for a year or however long this shit continues. If Sony could at least start putting their new games on PS Now I could play them there instead but they’re just pushing out old crap there. There is no solution. Sucks. 😞
I hope this situation turns around soon.

Three

As they should.

If 60 fps didnt take literally 2x the GPU resources, we would see more of it without any downgrades in visual fidelity. I think thats why DLSS and Super Resolution are so important. FPS interpolation might be the next big thing if devs can figure it out.
They kind of already have but people complain about it. Killzone Shadowfall on PS4 used it.

Kangx

Posted By Represent earlier in the thread.

Huge downgrade in reflection quality and skybox detail.

Fidelity

Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607214425-1024x576.jpg

Performance RT
Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607214459-1024x576.jpg

Fidelity
Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607165402.jpg

Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607165419.jpg

Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607173257.jpg

Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607173328.jpg
I am surprise nobody correct you here. Where the graphic tech guru? I am also surprise you think the second pic is Performance RT. It clearly missing ray tracing, it should be the Performance mode. The person post the pic must have mislabeled it.

Did they say how long this game is?
If this is another 6 hour long game at full price like miles I’m gonna wait until a sale….fuck these next gen prices

Last edited:

buenoblue

The reason you don't hear about astrobot, demon's souls, miles morales, returnal and probably ratchet after a month is because sony be bringing out games regurlary. They don't have to talk about gears 5 three years later. Sonys output along with the multiplats is killing it.

The reason you don't hear about astrobot, demon's souls, miles morales, returnal and probably ratchet after a month is because sony be bringing out games regurlary. They don't have to talk about gears 5 three years later. Sonys output along with the multiplats is killing it.
What's this comment all about? Why console warring bullshit?

Wow sitting nicely at 89 on Metacritic.

Eating crow, genuinely thought the critics wouldn't give it above an 84 for bias.

Seems like I was half-right though, it would've definitely got 92+ minimum if the publisher was Nintendo.

Top Bottom