• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - Review Thread

Mister Wolf

Sep 21, 2014
Don’t do it. Don’t give those fucking scalpers a dollar over the official price.

I already did before I posted. $800 for used disc version with 30 day return window. Miles Morales used for $35 off Amazon and new copy of R&C preordered.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Avian_Grubber

Neo Member
Dec 18, 2020
This will be the first game I pickup once Sony redesign the PS5 to make it less ugly. Sunset Overdrive was one of my favourite games last gen, and it looks from the review scores that critics think its quite a bit better than that.

• LOL
Reactions: Duellist
Aug 28, 2019
www.instagram.com
Our uncle Phil joined the hype train

Here's to hoping there's something on this level of visual fidelity at the Xbox/Bethesda E3 conference on Sunday; right now Rift Apart is arguably the best-looking game on the market.

You can debate it's between Rift Apart, Demon's Souls Remake and Flight Simulator 2020, and the fact all three have very different visual styles makes it a pretty subjective choice. But there's something special to be said about looking like a Pixar film in video game form ;)

Salmon Snake

Jul 31, 2019
fz.se Swedish gaming site
4/5 (very good)
"Mycket bra" 👌🏻

• Love
Reactions: PropellerEar

Roronoa Zoro

Oct 17, 2016
Pittsburgh
Sessler giving this a 5/5 brought me back as him giving going commando a 5/5 is what first got me to ask for that game for Christmas in 03. Been my favorite series ever since and in so glad most critics are loving it so far. Plus the window it's in with being truly exclusive is really getting it a lot of attention compared to other entries

• Love
Reactions: Bryank75

Esppiral

Nov 19, 2018
Preordered it today for 59,99€ 💪🏻

Has the RT 60fps mode any notable graphical differences compared to the "bang bang pixar" mode?

I'll definitely go RT60 fps since it was so good on MM.
Where? I pre ordered mine at Amazon for 69,99€

Esppiral

Nov 19, 2018
  • Empathy
Reactions: Salmon Snake

Dafegamer

Neo Member
Mar 17, 2020
Imagine if he played a Mario game… what he will say lol
“Ripped from NES era” 😂😂😂
Mario 64 has literally laid the groundwork for future 3D Mario titles, yet it's still one of the top games of 3D Mario. He acts like saying "PS2 game" is a negative. That's like Mario 64 is a bad game 🙄

Reactions: ethomaz

sncvsrtoip

Jul 18, 2019
Posted By Represent earlier in the thread.

Huge downgrade in reflection quality and skybox detail.

Fidelity

Performance RT

Fidelity

Ok watched first comparison fidelity vs 60rt and this is probably fake (its from perf mode without rt), I think only diff fidelity vs prtf rt is resolution

Reactions: SlimySnake

Kilau

Dec 12, 2013
He's back, OK, but he had some random salty comments against "people who don't want to play as a girl" in his ratchet and clank review, I thought that was out of place.
Ah, well it’s good to see he didn’t miss a beat coming back to game journalism 😂

SLB1904

I'm a massive child who is on perm notice for crying about plastic boxes.
Oct 24, 2017
has anyone actually posted Adam Sessler's review for G4TV? I looked through the thread but I only saw one mention of the review but no link to it

I did. But its probably buried somewhere

Reactions: graywolf323

Caio

Jun 27, 2009
Rome
has anyone actually posted Adam Sessler's review for G4TV? I looked through the thread but I only saw one mention of the review but no link to it

Yeah, it's a great Review, so entertaining and well done. A pleasure to watch.

SLB1904

I'm a massive child who is on perm notice for crying about plastic boxes.
Oct 24, 2017
That and I thought Sessler left the gaming business behind?
Yeah he's back with his g4tv crew
Almost a year now

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Nov 13, 2013
I’m not pre-ordering from Best Buy anymore. I usually do because I get points, but they stopped doing release day delivery for me. My copy ships tomorrow, which means I won’t get it until Monday. Really eager to play it too, oh well.

Jul 27, 2020
My copy turned up earlier today (just in time for my lunch break).

It's visually stunning and just non stop. The lack of loading and the ability to throw a ton of variety at the screen certainly make it feel different to anything on previous gen, even if the core controls and gameplay are what we come to expect.

Last edited:

TKOFromTokyo

Jul 20, 2020
I’m not pre-ordering from Best Buy anymore. I usually do because I get points, but they stopped doing release day delivery for me. My copy ships tomorrow, which means I won’t get it until Monday. Really eager to play it too, oh well.

My preorder from them arrives today.

AGRacing

Sep 26, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Posted By Represent earlier in the thread.

Huge downgrade in reflection quality and skybox detail.

Fidelity

Performance RT

Fidelity

This is what I was looking for... I appreciate you showing that. I think I'll go for fidelity mode. It looks like the draw distance of the RT reflected world is cut way back... and some parts of it may not even be drawn at all.

• Empathy
Reactions: Shodan09

SlimySnake

Feb 5, 2013
This is what I was looking for... I appreciate you showing that. I think I'll go for fidelity mode. It looks like the draw distance of the RT reflected world is cut way back... and some parts of it may not even be drawn at all.
This is apparently incorrect. I say Wait for the nx gamer video on this.

Reactions: AGRacing

kyoji

Jun 17, 2015

TBH if they had done this with rdna 1 tech it woulda been more impressive :eek:

JeloSWE

Mar 23, 2015
That post only showed Performance mode not Performance RT. Here is the same location in 60fps RT mode showing the reflections in the floor.

Last edited:

AGRacing

Sep 26, 2016
Alberta, Canada
That post only showed Performance mode not Performance RT. Here is the same location in 60fps RT mode showing the reflections in the floor.

Thanks. I've been running it in fidelity and in Performance RT. I have a 65" inch C9... I'm maybe 12 ft from it. I prefer fidelity. I may play through again in performance RT.

Reactions: JeloSWE