• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - PS5 4K Gameplay

rubhen925

The game is live in NZ and Australian PSN. Has 3 modes as we already know. Fidelity, Performance RT, and Performance. Fidelity is 4K 30 FPS with Ray Tracing. looks nice. and consistent 30. Performance RT is 60 FPS with RT but lower resolution. Doesn't specify in game. I'm guessing 1440p. Finally Performance mode at 60 FPS with no RT. Funny thing, if you have the option for 120 FPS on the PS5 turned on. The game lowers resolution to 1080 and can run at 120. Not sure if people tested that. A friend found out and I tried it. Wouldn't appear on my screen as my screen doesn't have 120 hz option.

One thing to note is that the game doesn't have HDR setting in game. Even when HDR is turned on. Didn't Insomniac have HDR settings for Miles and Spiderman when they launched those? Confused. Did they hide that somewhere in the menu?

Game looks stunning in 4K, but i still prefer the performance RT mode. 60 FPS looks sweet and is perfect for gameplay moments. No dips. Near instant loading. What more do you want?

Fidelity mode at 4K 30 FPS:

Update - I'll try to get Performance RT mode video as well. So we can compare. If you have videos with Performance RT and Performance modes. Add them. I can update the OP.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
robot homestock GIF

Jon Neu

Banned
I had the game reserved but the videos I've seen still don’t say nothing to me.

I'm the only one who isn’t impressed at all by the graphics? It looks good, but nothing extraordinary. Forbidden West looks WAY better.

rubhen925

Cool. How would you rate it, excluding the visuals? Gameplay, story, audio.
Gameplay is what you'd expect from a ratchet sequel. Guns are really fun. Some weapons are unique and a blast to use. Got the phantom dash which i don't really like as it feels a little slow. But tops notch movement and animations. Story is subjective. I liked it. I thought the inclusion of Rivet would be annoying and she would take importance, but they did an excellent job with her. Not an annoying character and has a lot of heart and great moments. Audio is some of the best on PS5. Overall a great game. Leaves you wanting more imo.

Once you upgrade your guns enemies are no match. I suggest playing at higher difficulties once you max guns.

AGRacing

Gold Member
I hope performance RT really is just a reduction in resolution to 1440p... but I have a feeling there will be more to it than that. I RT reflections will probably have assets missing, etc - I believe that was done in Spiderman.

Shmunter

I hope performance RT really is just a reduction in resolution to 1440p... but I have a feeling there will be more to it than that. I RT reflections will probably have assets missing, etc - I believe that was done in Spiderman.
Only Rez and RT downgrade would definitely be desirable. Hope not to see world density and particles, etc to take a hit.

noise36

Visually awesome. Gameplay is boring af. Not sure if worth the price just to look at pretty graphics. How long is the game?

Its a simplistic kids game which is why all the hype its getting makes me lol.

I will play it with my 6 year old this weekend, if it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't even bother.

Shmunter

Its a simplistic kids game which is why all the hype its getting makes me lol.

I will play it with my 6 year old this weekend, if it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't even bother.
I’m no spring chicken and enjoyed the PS4 remake. Generally I’m not into cartoons. See how u go.

Top Bottom