• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and MLB The Show 21 Exceeded Expectations

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Ratchet sold 1 million. Which is on par with what Infamous Second Son did in March 2014.

But KZSF sold 2.1 million in the first 6 weeks so Ratchet, Returnal and Demon Souls failed to match that. Sony probably shouldve launched with a shooter again.

Last edited:
Ratchet sold 1 million. Which is on par with what Infamous Second Son did in March 2014.

But KZSF sold 2.1 million in the first 6 weeks so Ratchet, Returnal and Demon Souls failed to match that. Sony probably shouldve launched with a shooter again.
And Miles Morales sold 6.5 million, mostly on PS5, as it jumps back up the best selling list in regions whenever there is a PS5 restock.

Not sure what Sackboy's sales are, but Astro's Playroom has surpassed 10 million!

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
And Miles Morales sold 6.5 million, mostly on PS5, as it jumps back up the best selling list in regions whenever there is a PS5 restock.

Not sure what Sackboy's sales are, but Astro's Playroom has surpassed 10 million!
Astro is the true MVP.

And yeah, i forgot about Miles. It actually outsold TLOU2, FF7 remake and GoT on NPD revenue charts which is very impressive for a $40-$50 title.

Last edited:
Good to hear, hope they get even more. People should really have fun with Ratchet and it's eye candy and get their fast paced action/shooter fix with Returnal.
I am enjoying A Plagues Tale from PSPLUS give away last month.

makaveli60

Cool, just finished Rift Apart an hour ago and immediately started new game+ (challenge mode). It’s an incredible game and the only real nextgen for the foreseeable future. EVERY PS5 owner should buy it.

EDMIX

Astro is the true MVP.

And yeah, i forgot about Miles. It actually outsold TLOU2, FF7 remake and GoT on NPD revenue charts which is very impressive for a $40-$50 title.

I agree, but that is also why many of us are saying they didn't need a shooter.

They have GG working on Horizon, to my understanding the other half of GG Cambridge is working on some new IP, Insomniac working on Spiderman vs Resistance. I think it made sense to actually not launch with a shooter considering what all those teams are working on.

PS5 already has a Call Of Duty at launch, loads of cross gen shooters, I think Sony felt it made sense to have a balanced launch and allow COD to be that shooter for their launch vs delaying Horizon for Killzone knowing that Horizon is the series moving 10 mill units an entry...

ReBurn

Gold Member
In particular, MLB The Show 21 contributed “significantly” to sales and profits during the quarter thanks in part to strong DLC sales.

Totoki-san mentioned the fact that MLB The Show 21 was sold on platforms other than PlayStation, following the “Initial success” seen by Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Gone on PC.
Game pass putting in work for Sony

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
R&C sales is not going to stop, every new batch of PS5 will 100% guarantee increase the sales.

KZSF also was quickly buried by consumers after that and never managed to sell much more. A high budget game with stacks of bundles in stores. I doubt Sony made more money on that than Ratchet.

Top Bottom