• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet And Clank: Rift Apart Story Playthrough (5 hours and 20 minutes - no challenges, sidequests etc)

r e p

Neo Member
Maybe they should increase the difficulty and lock it to justify the 70$

E0W0FUyWQAUDcPS

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Would you rather have a great 5 hours or a great 5 hours + 5 hours of needless backtracking, padding, and mundane tasks?
I probably don't want the answer.

Certinty

The 12 hours many mentioned always seemed overly high anyway. Reckon for a lot of people playing at a normal pace will be 8-10 hours of fun.

Last edited:

BigLee74

Folk worry about length too much.

Take your time, enjoy it.

After a long-arsed open world campaign, this would be exactly the type of game to act as a nice refresher.

Buy later and cheaper if the cost bothers you!

420bits

I am 100% sure that I will get more than 10 hours of fun with this and that makes it a day 1.
First playthrough is just the warmup, goto go that second round for +dmg!

Dat Banhammer tho :D
Hit so hard it deleted a user, I salute the executioner! #praisessun

DapperSloth

Seems that most people nowadays just rush though the games they buy, it's like they are not even "playing" the game, just running through the motions of playing it, no enjoyment just "well this game took me 5 hours, boring short game".

Let's take Resident Evil Village as an example. People were moaning that they played the game and it took them 6-7 hours to beat. Well you dense fucker, if you rush to point A to B with narrow eyes no wonder you complete it on a lunchbreak. That game took me almost 14 hours. I like to look at things, absorb things, search for stuff, inspect objects, looking at the attention to detail on weapons and stuff. Or Red Dead Redemption 2. People completed that game on a fucking weekend when it came out. It took me 4 months lol.

I dunno... to me it seems that people don't really "enjoy" the games they buy, but shit what do I know, I just like to philosophize about stuff.

anthony2690

Banned
I always have to multiply How Long to Beat times by about 2.5x to find how long it will take me personally, this probably means I'll spend 20+ hours on it, which is perfect for me. These games aren't made to be played for more than that, the gameplay gets stale.
2.5x5.2 would be 13 hours ;)

Last edited:

GymWolf

Imagine playing a cakewalk saga like ratchet on anything except hard...

Also no exploration and sidequest, why even playing the game to begin with?!

Corndog

Banned
Folk worry about length too much.

Take your time, enjoy it.

After a long-arsed open world campaign, this would be exactly the type of game to act as a nice refresher.

Buy later and cheaper if the cost bothers you!
I thinks it’s the combination of length and price. I guess sales data will tell us if people will spend 70 bucks or not.

I prefer short games. This is actually a plus in my book. I usually get pissed if a game forces me to tolerate it for more than 25 hours. 5-15 hours is perfect.

LMJ

Well congrats (banned) op, looks like this disingenuous thread was a success...

Take a trolls bow, the game averages 8-10hrs if you play like you're not trying to create an agenda...

Kokoloko85

It was only a matter of time till this guy got banned again. Please lets keep him banned forever lol.
He’s just a less aggressive troll than before

ZywyPL

Banned
Seems that most people nowadays just rush though the games they buy, it's like they are not even "playing" the game, just running through the motions of playing it, no enjoyment just "well this game took me 5 hours, boring short game".

Let's take Resident Evil Village as an example. People were moaning that they played the game and it took them 6-7 hours to beat. Well you dense fucker, if you rush to point A to B with narrow eyes no wonder you complete it on a lunchbreak. That game took me almost 14 hours. I like to look at things, absorb things, search for stuff, inspect objects, looking at the attention to detail on weapons and stuff. Or Red Dead Redemption 2. People completed that game on a fucking weekend when it came out. It took me 4 months lol.

I dunno... to me it seems that people don't really "enjoy" the games they buy, but shit what do I know, I just like to philosophize about stuff.

Well you can't blame people playing just for the story in story-driven games if you think about it.

nbkicker

Looking on my ps5 it says i spent 27 hrs on the last game, although think i went through it 3-4 times as normally do a normal run, then a collect everything run, then a hard run, then im sure i played it again on ps4 pro when announcment video came out for this game, if its a similar length to last one then ill be happy for money spent on it

Last edited:

DapperSloth

Well you can't blame people playing just for the story in story-driven games if you think about it.

There is more to the games than just experiencing the story, it's also very visual and audio. I just find it sad that people don't take their TIME with games, everything must be rushed and done and completed and on to the next game and...

I speak only for myself but I soak in the atmosphere, check out all the details, search the nooks and crannies for stuff to find, experience the amazing graphics, listening to the soundtrack and just be immersed you know. I also know that people have kids, families and maybe 1-2 hours to play games per day but you can play a game for longer than a weekend.

I just want people to reignite that passion for games again.

So it'll take me roughly 15-20 hours to finish this then. Cool, looking forward to buying it. :)

Also, I'm probably in a minority here, but I prefer shorter games and if I were a developer I think I'd aim to have my games relatively shorter, compared to all these open world, time waste/loot-box games. At least with a shorter game, significantly more people will finish and see my creations.

If they're able to release 1 remaster, 1 cross-gen game, and 1 PS5 exclusive in the span of 7 months they should be fine doing something on a much, much larger scale without crunch.

Yeah I think it goes without saying Insomniac are one of the most efficient studios in the biz right now, that is something I think everyone can agree to regardless where you game.

I'm still impressed how much like a Pixar film the game looks in gameplay. Would be pretty cool if Insomniac & Pixar teamed up to make an action/adventure-platformer new IP combining their strengths into one.

Top Bottom