• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart 15 min gameplay 4K

HAL-01

I would love if Ragnarok was developed for PS5 only, that would obviously mean better graphics and all. But the facts point in the opposite direction, sadly.

But yeah, apparently the great conspiration of Xbox fans secretly rooting for God Of War Ragnarok to be a PS4 game has been uncovered.
The facts are, there aren’t any facts. They’ve not said anything about the game. Not even the title.

The word you’re looking for is “conjecture”.
And yours has so little substance that your only source hasn’t been involved with GoW for 14 years

Ratchet and clank games where 60fps for a reason, smooth animations where expensive backthen devs didmt have enough memory to store smooth animations and motion blur wasnt available back then, no ratchet and clank game even those at 60fps are as smooth as this game. It doesnt need 60fps the graphics presentation that insomniac has managed to pull in this game is all it ever needed. A 60fps mode is just gimmicks.
So? What's your beef exactly with the game being 60fps? It looks fantastic already with all the bells and whistles so there's no need to gimp performance.

So why would you come to a R&C thread expecting different of a game that's had multiple iterations of something you're so obviously not interested in? At what point do you acknowledge that you're just trolling?

I get the people who say it's not their type of game, but appreciate the visuals. They came for the spectacle. What are you here for, an argument?

im sorry, did you thought you entered resetera ? So, unless we're repeating the same bullshit, everyone should just excuse themselves ? We should just felate any sony game and repeat what everyone is saying. Otherwise leave ?

So? What's your beef exactly with the game being 60fps? It looks fantastic already with all the bells and whistles so there's no need to gimp performance.
I dont have any beef whether they add a 60/120/1000fps mode is beyond me. Im just being rational here. To me this game doesnt need 60fps its perfect the way it is.

HAL-01

Have you seen this somewhere in the video - or anything really next gen, new and fun? And gimmicky portal jumping thing can eat my ass.
Did you really post a tech demo from 2007 and call it “next gen” cause it has a bunch of funny balls bouncing around

Reading complaints on the "little" evolution of the Ratchet saga from master-racers who are still praising Crysis as a big thing is pretty rich.

Ratchet and Clank is an all-audiences series with focus on gameplay and beautiful cartoon graphics. That is what fans expect. As in Super Mario or Astro Bot. If you are not into it, that is fine.

muteZX

Banned
Did you really post a tech demo from 2007 and call it “next gen” cause it has a bunch of funny balls bouncing around

Did you really see that Ratchet video, which blatantly and painfully moaned with the weary gameplay of the PS1-PS2 class on autopilot and is missing at least a trace of the real next gen gameplay?

Filler game and lazy job. Give me a developer here and I'll tell him in the eye.

HAL-01

Did you really see that Ratchet video, which blatantly and painfully moaned with the weary gameplay of the PS1-PS2 class on autopilot and is missing at least a trace of the real next gen gameplay?

Filler game and lazy job. Give me a developer here and I'll tell him in the eye.
I agree. 4/10 not enough funny ballpit

Garani

There's a 15 minute long youtube video rant from a very upset Xbox fan urging anyone not to buy this game.

I thought console war only extended to forums like this but its also on fucking youtube? LOL

It will be a pleasure to get R&C Day One. Just because I like to play good games. :D

Good luck to PS5 with RT in these scene, i mean the resolution might scale down to 1080p if they want to keep 60fps going

YM6vqWd.jpg

Really? They show it to you and you just moan about it? Come on :)

Kenpachii

Watched the trailer.

Wasn't much impressed by fog the city, but the jungle after it was amazing.

U know what this game really screams like? PS2. this shit is why i bought a PS2. Fun games, with cool looking worlds that are alive etc. I missed those games.

The only complain i have so far, i wish they made it more open worldish instead of uncharted like, more like mario odyssey so u can walk around a bit as it feels really on rails a lot of the time.

Anyway well done. Hope they port it to PC at some point.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
The facts are, there aren’t any facts. They’ve not said anything about the game. Not even the title.

The word you’re looking for is “conjecture”.
And yours has so little substance that your only source hasn’t been involved with GoW for 14 years

The facts are Jim Ryan not responding to the question about the possibility of the game being crossgen. David Jaffe, that has obviously much more experience than anybody here about how the industry works, saw that and came to the obvious conclusion that Jim Ryan dodged the question because the answer wouldn’t be popular among the community.

So yeah, the facts literally point in that direction, you like it or not.

HAL-01

The facts are Jim Ryan not responding to the question about the possibility of the game being crossgen. David Jaffe, that has obviously much more experience than anybody here about how the industry works, saw that and came to the obvious conclusion that Jim Ryan dodged the question because the answer wouldn’t be popular among the community.

So yeah, the facts literally point in that direction, you like it or not.
You’re doing it again now. You’re pointing to a guys opinion and calling it a fact. Repeat after me “personal opinions are not facts”

supernova8

Banned
One thing this does maybe suggest is that we are probably not getting many next gen games that look like that AND at 60fps unless they drop the resolution.

docbot

Banned
looks good, but I'm not interested at all. Not because of the kiddy style, but because the storytelling is just so kiddy / generic as well. I would probably be into it if I was 10.

One thing this does maybe suggest is that we are probably not getting many next gen games that look like that AND at 60fps unless they drop the resolution.
I fully expect next gen game to target 1440p at 60 fps, and to hover somewhere between 1080p and 1440p. Might sound underwhelming resolution wise, but it's good enough imo and these consoles unfortunately don't run on magic.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Ratchet was made by a different team than Spiderman and it last about 10 hours. Easy to put out games that last a quarter of your competition, no?

What's DeS? Demons Souls? If that's the case there's nothing to explain there. It's a copy paste with better graphics, it probably took them less than a year to make it, more like half a year.

Returnal is an indie game, of course it wouldn't take them much time to do it. That's why there's no story nor long cutscenes, there's not a lot of production going for that game.
Eddie Murphy Yes GIF

So i guess framerate isnt important anymore for some huh :p
But it has both 30 and 60, it it's covered for both.

You also have salty mofos fronting in this thread about the graphics. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Zathalus

The improvements in RT reflections compared to the original reveal trailer are quite notable. As are the faster loading speeds.

This, Demon Souls, and Returnal are definitely the best looking console games of the generation so far.

supernova8

Banned
I fully expect next gen game to target 1440p at 60 fps, and to hover somewhere between 1080p and 1440p. Might sound underwhelming resolution wise, but it's good enough imo and these consoles unfortunately don't run on magic.
Yeah hopefully they will all just "target dynamic 4K" so they can claim to be 4K (and tick the marketing boxes) while not actually being in 4K (so that they can maintain a higher resolution).

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Graphics look stunning, but man the gameplay still feels dated. Devs really need to go down in a bunker for a few years and come out with some new fucking ideas to make games different than they were 20 fucking years ago. All this power going towards making games look pretty and that's it?

Hezekiah

Banned
I've been saying this since it was announced. God of War came out on 2018, there's no way they can release a sequel this year nor next year. The only way would be if it were a cross gen title.

Not even horizon is going to be released this year, and that was released in 2016, and of course it's going to be a cross gen title.

If you want a next gen only title you'll need at least 4 to 5 years of development. Since they didn't get dev kits until like 2018 and they were still working on God of War how the hell do you people think it's going to be released this year at all? This is going to be released next year and will be cross gen.
Actually Horizon came out in 2017, and where was it confirmed that the sequel isn't coming out this year?

Hezekiah

Banned
People are just fooled by the push for 60fps ive always said not everygame needs 60, 60fps is for gimmicky games like returnal, vanquish, bayonetta, ninja gaiden, arcade racing games forza, sega rally, nfs, shooters, but cinematic third person games like this, uncharted, splinter cell, metal gear only need spectacular gameplay, graphics at 30 fps because its cinematic. People just exaggerate stuff like spoiled 8 year olds when they hear 30fps. Even pixar films are 24fps its a joke.

30fps plus motion blur and smooth animations is as better and smooth as anything.
Reading this I'm wondering if you ever played a game at 60fps+, cos that's a bunch of rubbish you've posted. Games like Uncharted are much better at 60fps Vs 30fps, it's not even close.

Top Bottom