• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rap / Hip Hop

Cutty Flam

Banned
Some great music in here. Any chance you can put these in a Spotify playlist and share?
Not sure if it's worth it. Still looking out for a medium that supports w/ creating the ultimate set of playlists but haven't found it yet. Youtube is the closest to supporting all the artists. But even their playlists are lacking

Im glad some people here are posting actual old skool rap. Actually ill use this opportunity to show you a rap group from my country (Serbia). A few of their songs have heavy guitars on them but as a whole they are still considered a rap band. Its from 1998 I think. I just miss rap/hip hop being edgy and violent and not this gucci, versace, gold plated crocks and whistling:

used to be a huge fan of this genre

some would have even considered me to be a "backpacker"

but I haven't really paid much attention to it since 2006, seems like after that time period less and less people cared about lyrical ability and the Gucci Manes and others like his type rose to the scene

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned

QeicHWQ.jpg

What's everyone take on current stuff? If Fortnite's in-car Hop Hop station is anything to go by, it's pretty fucking poor. Load of mumblers on autotune.

There's still a lot of good stuff, though not as much as in the 90s obviously and the popular stuff today is also worse.

My favorite of the last decade is Roc Marciano, in retrospect Marcberg is a milestone that spawned a lot of great stuff by other artists, like Ka (the best lyricist of the last ten years in my opinion) or the Griselda guys. Roc and Ka rarely miss and Mt. Marci and Descendants Of Cain are AOTY contenders.

Top Bottom