• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rant] I was able to order a PS5 for in store pickup this morning from Target. About 30 minutes later they cancel it.

evanft

This is unbelievable. I've now experienced every level of incompetence from Target:

• PS5 not added to cart because apparently it's not actually in stock at the store selected
  • PS5 added to cart, get all the way to confirming my purchase, but WHOOPS NOT ACTUALLY AVAILABLE FIND ANOTHER STORE at the very last screen. Why not just automatically pick another local store that has it? Well that would make too much fucking sense.
  • Trying desperately to find a store nearby that has one, finding them, but then getting denied at checkout AGAIN
  • Finding a store that has one, actually placing an order, ONLY TO HAVE IT CANCELLED
And on top of all this bullshitery, they have the audacity to send me an email offering me the opportunity to select a different store to pick it up from. That's right, I could select a different store to pick up from! Oh wait EVERY SINGLE STORE IS OUT OF STOCK. Well, maybe they'll ship it to me? NOPE SHIPPING NOT AVAILABLE GO FUCK YOURSELF. Ok how about just letting me be first in line as soon as they go back in stock at a local store? Like maybe if the store gets them next week I can get one then. NOPE WHY WOULD WE DO THAT?

How can it be so hard to hand a company $500?

Last edited:

laynelane

The cancelled order would be the last straw for me. I hope you get one soon, OP.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

It's only hard because they're currently worth far more than that to others.

It sucks, but you can live without Demon's Souls for a few months.

Unknown?

E evanft I know your pain. Thought I finally had one with Kohls but they canceled it after going into fulfillment AND sending an order confirmation email.

drotahorror

It's a whole lotta fuss for DS. Just pre-order and wait till 2021 like everyone else. Post Xmas everyone will be broke (if CV hasn't done that to them already) and stock should bounce back.

You can't pre-order anymore.

E evanft I know your pain. Thought I finally had one with Kohls but they canceled it after going into fulfillment AND sending an order confirmation email.

I got in on that too. When they had PS5's up for sale for over an hour hah. I knew I wouldn't get one unless Kohl's stole all the stock in the USA. I did get $180 in kohl's cash though so that was very generous of them.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
If you didn’t get any of the three new consoles, it generally may be healthier for your sanity to think of next year as the real launch. Given how hard they are to get a hold of, it might as well be.

If you get one before then, great, but I wouldn’t agonize over it to this extent. Time will deliver a super-convenient ‘Walmart’ shopping experience where you can just stroll in and walk out with a better game selection, all the hardware and software bugs worked out, and even more older games with next-gen patches.

That really sucks OP. I had one stolen from me via FedEx. Thankfully, I was able to procure another one from Best Buy online. Microsoft and Sony selling these consoles online only was a HUGE mistake imo. It just lead to even more issues and frustration combined with the shortages. I never want to see an online only console launch ever again.

Last edited:

evanft

It's only hard because they're currently worth far more than that to others.

It sucks, but you can live without Demon's Souls for a few months.

True. I actually only want it just to play PS4 games with better performance, but that's because I'm mildly retarded.

I will tell you exactly why. You know when you go to a website and they have “I’m not a robot” check and you click on it? That’s why. You are not a robot.

How dare you. I identify as a T-1000.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
OP i feel your pain, but not quite at the same level of dumbfuckery though, wow.....thats terrible! Twice i had one in my cart at Best Buy only for their site to shit the bed when i tried to checkout. 3 different times ive had one in my cart on Walmarts site only for the same site shit to happen, the third being the worse when i got all the way to the 'place order' button thinking i was in the clear. Clicked that, and waited........and then BAM site crashed.

Honestly, i blame Sony most of all for this absolutely HORRENDOUS online only approach to securing systems. Between them and these dumbfuck retailers who apparently don't know how to run an ecommerce website in the year 2020, this whole launch has been a disaster. The only people who've won in this launch are the lowlife scalpers.

OrtizTwelve

That sucks man I would have been pissed, but there's nothing they're going to do for you.

At best maybe talk to customer service and maybe they can let you pay to reserve at least one console from the next shipment? Doubtful though.

I think people just need to chill with these consoles. There's currently NOTHING SIGNIFICANT to play on either of them anyways right now other than just getting one to HAVE IT.

The more you stress out about it, the worst you'll make yourself feel for no real reason. There aren't any system sellers on the new consoles right now.

Unfortunately that's not unusual for Target. Even on items that aren't in high demand, they often oversell what's in the store. It's ridiculous.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I would recommend just waiting until they are readily available. This is a hot mess but it seems like both Sony and retailers are content with the situation through the holidays.

A few months will give Sony time to work out the OS problems and hopefully fix the fan noise/coil whine/whatever issues in their production. As much as I want to play GOTG Bugsnax, it isn't going anywhere.

Dunki

Mabye I am wrong but as soon as you got a Confirmation of your order they accepted the contract and therefore have to deliver the product. Times may change due to delivery shortages etc but you can not cancel a confirmed order anymore.

ruvikx

Banned
It's a sign from the Gods. You need to go & buy a Sega Dreamcast instead, right now.

Do it.

giphy.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I know your pain - I ordered some Mike and Ikes on Amazon and they cancelled my order the day after they were supposed to ship them.

It seems pretty clear whats going on. The universe is trying to steer you away from console peasantry and show you the light that is PC gaming. Better games, more games, more and better everything. Accept what the universe is trying to give you. Stop resisting

cryogenic7

This is unbelievable. I've now experienced every level of incompetence from Target:

• PS5 not added to cart because apparently it's not actually in stock at the store selected
  • PS5 added to cart, get all the way to confirming my purchase, but WHOOPS NOT ACTUALLY AVAILABLE FIND ANOTHER STORE at the very last screen. Why not just automatically pick another local store that has it? Well that would make too much fucking sense.
  • Trying desperately to find a store nearby that has one, finding them, but then getting denied at checkout AGAIN
  • Finding a store that has one, actually placing an order, ONLY TO HAVE IT CANCELLED
And on top of all this bullshitery, they have the audacity to send me an email offering me the opportunity to select a different store to pick it up from. That's right, I could select a different store to pick up from! Oh wait EVERY SINGLE STORE IS OUT OF STOCK. Well, maybe they'll ship it to me? NOPE SHIPPING NOT AVAILABLE GO FUCK YOURSELF. Ok how about just letting me be first in line as soon as they go back in stock at a local store? Like maybe if the store gets them next week I can get one then. NOPE WHY WOULD WE DO THAT?

I think part of the problem is that even thought the stores get them and you can order them, employees that want them just cancel the order and buy it themselves.

Top Bottom