• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rank your Halo campaign

JT14

Banned
I love Halo, every gen it is one of my most played titles. I always favored the campaign over multiplayer, mostly for couch co-op and story/lore. Here is my list

Halo Reach - best in the series and last stand with Noble 6 was nerve wrecking and perfection.

Halo 3 - best co-op campaign

Halo Infinite - I'm still playing, 3 hrs in and loving it! Best gameplay in the series deserved this high ranking IMHO

Halo CE - the godfather of the series, it started it all

Halo 2 - the Arbiter, nuff said

Halo ODST - underrated

Halo 4 - amazing visuals at the time, great introduction but loses momentum

Halo 5 - worst campaign, I can't think of anything positive, it sucked and it took me a whole year to finish the campaign because it was THAT dull

SkylineRKR

ODST
Reach

Infinite might become my fave. But i've only done 2 main missions so far and a dozen of side activities. I didn't like 4 and 5 at all. Reach was very good, but also very dudebro. Those 5 games are really close to eachother.

Halo 2 had the best MP, until Infinite. Halo 3 I never enjoyed much on 360 but the remaster made me appreciate it more. I had a blast with it last year.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I have finished Infinite on Legendary today so here's my updated list. Infinite is the best playing Halo ever but the mystery and atmosphere of the original will most likely never be matched. Infinite's end cutscene got me hyped for Halo's future. It's looking bright!

Combat Evolved
Infinite
Halo 3
Halo 3 ODST
Halo 2
Reach
Halo 4
Halo 5 :messenger_hushed:

Last edited:

Skifi28

I agree with Reach being the best.

Reach>2>1>3>ODST>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4

(Haven't played 5 /infinite)

Infinite
Reach
CE
ODST

Given Infinite is so fresh, I can't say my top three won't change over time. But if anything, I feel Infinite might take top spot when I've let it sink in more.

elliot5

Halo 2 (Anniversary)
Halo Infinite
Halo Reach
Halo 4
Halo 3
Halo CE
Halo ODST
Halo 5

Idk something like that probably

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
I want to give the nod to infinite. But no coop makes it hard to.

If it was, my list would read.

Infinite > Halo 1 > Halo 4 > Halo reach > Halo 3 > Halo 5 > Halo 2 > ODST

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
First started with 3 felt really long but inspiring story, Halo 1 felt eventful, Halo 2 the covenant are demonized. The franchise is one of Xbox’s main ingredients.

Chiggs

I love Halo, every gen it is one of my most played titles. I always favored the campaign over multiplayer, mostly for couch co-op and story/lore. Here is my list

Halo Reach - best in the series and last stand with Noble 6 was nerve wrecking and perfection.

Halo 3 - best co-op campaign

Halo Infinite - I'm still playing, 3 hrs in and loving it! Best gameplay in the series deserved this high ranking IMHO

Halo CE - the godfather of the series, it started it all

Halo 2 - the Arbiter, nuff said

Halo ODST - underrated

Halo 4 - amazing visuals at the time, great introduction but loses momentum

Halo 5 - worst campaign, I can't think of anything positive, it sucked and it took me a whole year to finish the campaign because it was THAT dull

Reach
Halo: CE
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo ODST
Halo 4
Halo 5

Still playing through infinite, but it seems like it will be upper middle.

Currently about 5 hours into Infinite and it’s the best Halo has ever felt minute to minute gameplay wise.

Halo 3, Reach and CE are my favourite campaigns with Infinite sitting in this group but feeling very different without the level and chapter structure.

Halo 2 and ODST were great but a tier under.

Halo 4 and 5 weren’t at all memorable for me aside from godawful boss fights in 5…..

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Halo Wars 2>Halo 3>Halo Reach>Halo 2>Halo 3: ODST>Halo CE>Halo Wars>>>>>Halo Infinite>>>>>> Halo 4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Halo 5

Just finished Infinite and while the best 343 has put out, thats a very low bar.... story telling is full of the BS we all expect from 343, full of unatural exposition dumps and a great threat which is repeated over and over as a device to move the bare bones plot along. They also completely mishandled the Banished which where so perfectly crafted in Halo Wars 2.... jeez.

Last edited:

kikkis

Halo 5 > reach > halo 2 > halo 3 > halo ce

And yes i am gameplay first, story second. Infinite and 4 yet to play.

Halo CE
Halo 3
Halo Reach
Halo 2
Halo ODST
Halo 4
Halo 5 (probably, I didn’t bother)

If Infinite is anywhere close to the original trilogy, I’ll be very happy.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
2 (almost perfect)
3 (slow start)
1 (library)
Reach
ODST

Haven‘t played 5 and Infinte yet but will so soon when my Series X arrives.

clarky

Gold Member
Infinite >>>>>> Halo 1 >Halo 3 >> Halo 2 >> ODST>> Halo reach >>>>Halo 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo 5.

I Just "finished" Infinite last night, and immediately started a fresh run to 100% it. I never ever do that. The game is just awesome. Halo Ce will always hold a special place in my heart, but infinite is a better Halo game, never thought i'd say that.

Y0ssarian

Banned
Does the infinite campaign in this scenario include the open world and side missions or just the story missions

CE > Infinite > H4 = H3 > ODST > H2 > Reach > H5

CE is still my favorite and nothing comes close. Infinite is a lot of fun to play though and I put it above H4. I used to say I liked H4 more than H3, but I've had a change of heart and now rank their campaigns equally.

Last edited:
Halo Reach for me with ODST a close second I like the other campaigns as well but yeah my two favourite halo games are the ones that does not have the master chief lol.

Boss Mog

Reach > ODST > Halo 3 > Halo CE > Halo 2 > Halo 4

Haven't played 5 or Infinite yet, but apparently maybe I should skip 5 seeing people's rankings here. I'll probably wait for the coop to release before i touch Infinite's campaign sadly; really stupid on their part not to have that ready at launch.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Halo Ce will always hold a special place in my heart, but infinite is a better Halo game, never thought i'd say that.

As a fan of the franchise for almost 20 years I have to agree. Infinite is the best Halo game. Hard to believe but here we are. I would still put CE slightly above because it was fresh and new. The sense of wonder and mystery was amazing in that game. With the way they set-up the DLC, Infinite can potentially surpass CE even in this aspect.

Top Bottom