• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rank your Bethesda RPG franchise preference order

What is your favorite Bethesda RPG franchise?

• Elder Scrolls > Fallout > Starfield

Votes: 33 38.8%
  • Elder Scrolls > Starfield > Fallout

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • Fallout > Elder Scrolls > Starfield

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Fallout > Starfield > Elder Scrolls

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Starfield > Elder Scrolls > Fallout

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Starfield > Fallout > Elder Scrolls

Votes: 5 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

intbal

I figured now would be a good time to get a good idea of just where the GAF community stands on the various Bethesda RPG franchises. Was Starfield the game you wanted now? Or were you more interested in a new iteration of Fallout or Elder Scrolls? Take into account the franchise rather than just a single game. Which do you prefer most? Obviously Starfield isn't out, but if you're more excited about that than any fondness you have for Elder Scrolls or Fallout, well, that's your answer.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
How can you
I figured now would be a good time to get a good idea of just where the GAF community stands on the various Bethesda RPG franchises. Was Starfield the game you wanted now? Or were you more interested in a new iteration of Fallout or Elder Scrolls? Take into account the franchise rather than just a single game. Which do you prefer most? Obviously Starfield isn't out, but if you're more excited about that than any fondness you have for Elder Scrolls or Fallout, well, that's your answer.
Wouldn't it make more sense AFTER STARFIELD is actually released?!

Jesus....

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I much prefer TES to Fallout. Can't rank Starfield sine I've never played it. I'm very bored of Fallout, honestly. I'm drawn to their games because I want to explore the world they created. Fallout IMO simply isn't fun to explore because of the nature of a post apocalyptic world. TES is often gorgeous to explore even if the combat absolutely blows. At the very least I can get lost in a fantasy world for dozens of hours and see what it has to offer.

Mister Wolf

Fallout until Starfield proves itself. I've never had any interest in playing The Elder Scrolls. Their High Fantasy world does not interest me. Wish it were Datk Fantasy like Warhammer or Diablo.

I like Daggerfall’s soundtrack but other than that I’ve never been able to get into Elder Scrolls. It’s like fun to dick around for 10 hours but then I get bored because the story just doesn’t pull me in. Fallout 3 is one of my favorite RPGs but it also kinda felt like lightning in a bottle as Fallout 4 just didn’t hit me the same way. I just started New Vegas so jury is still out on that…..

Starfield looks interesting enough to give a shot day one.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Fallout is #1 since FO3 tied for my favorite game of all time.
Although I haven't played it yet I went with Starfield at #2 since it looks utterly amazing and I much prefer SciFi to fantasy.
That leaves TES at #3. I do absolutely love Elder Scrolls too, I just love Fallout and believe I will love Starfield even more.

Duchess

I was really only ever interested in Elder Scrolls 6. After seeing the Starfield presentation, I now believe it'll be Skyrim+.

Fbh

I like TES more than Fallout.
It's impossible to rank Starfield without having played it, though on a purely conceptual level I like Sci Fi a lot more than the post apocalyptic setting of Fallout.

Kev Kev

well i havent played starfield yet so...

real is answer is i like them all for different reasons. and i will play each run through wildly different than the one i did before, so its hard to quantify which is the best. they are all so good in their own ways

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I mean considering we haven't played Starfield it really should come last with everyone... but yeah Elder Scrolls > Fallout.

ZoukGalaxy

Is that a joke ?
How could you rank Starfield without playing it at least ONCE.

Technical Difficulties Error GIF

Last edited:

Warablo

I think I've played more Fallout than I have Elder Scrolls. I didn't really play Morrowind or Oblivion.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Skyrim is my favorite game, and Oblivion was rad.... but I've spent more time with the combo of FO3/NV/FO4...

Honestly a toss up.

Starfield? What's that? A game I can't play? Not gonna rank that shit but it's one game going up against 2 actual franchises lol

Kacho

Gold Member
I like Skyrim more than Fallout but I like Fallout more than Elder Scrolls. Does that make sense?

Fallout has guns, feels more gritty and I like the general vibe.

Still love me some Elder Scrolls but it feels like off-brand D&D. It’s Fruity-Os.

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

That poll is fucked up lmao...

Voted FO > TES > SF though.

I prefer Fallout over TES, and well... I have yet to play Starfield so it doesn't make sense to vote on it.

Last edited:
Well until I actually play Starfield I'm not really sure! I am more hyped for Starfield than I was before either Skyrim or Fallout 4, but again, how can I measure what hasn't even come out?

Fuz

Banned
How the fuck did you include Starfield when it's still far from being released and no one played it?

Are you an advertiser?

Jennings

Skyrim
Morrowind
Fallout 3

Everything else either sucks, developed by someone else, or is an as of yet unknown quantity.

Love Elder Scrolls and Fallout a little bit more even, but Starfield reveal was too impressive to ignore so:

STARFIELD > Fallout > Elder Scrolls .

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How can you rank something you've only seen a few minutes of?

But Starfield does look more interesting than Fallout, I've never been much for postapocalypse stuff.

Kind of tough to rank a franchise that has never seen a single release yet, don't you think? We know Starfield will most likely be a worthy and even legendary addition to the Bethesda Game Studios family of RPGs franchises, but damn, let Starfield breath a little bit. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

As far as ranking Fallout and Elder Scrolls, that's just too damn tough to do. I love so much about what Fallout is and what it brings to the table with things like VATS, the amazing humor and craziness of the world, the great weapon customization, some of the stories and characters you come across, it's truly something special. I almost feel terrible it took till the Xbox One X upgrade of Fallout 4 for me to truly come to try and appreciate the franchise. Yes, I went back to the others, but still haven't beaten them all.

But with Elder Scrolls I could never just dismiss the love for that time period, how the characters talk, how the stories are told, the kinds of things that take place, the things you run into in the world, the more create your own story approach compared to the more straightforward and direct story of a Fallout the magical powers, the mythical and legendary creatures, enemies, the sword, axe combat, bow and arrows, daggers etc, the feeling of being in that kind of world transports me to some of my favorite movies.

It's honestly next to impossible to pick between it and Fallout, but I think I may lean towards Elder Scrolls. Fallout's more post apocalyptic world can be super cool and badass too of course. I can't pick between them.

I suspect Starfield will be just as difficult to separate from those two because I highly prefer sci-fi and futuristic to fallout's post apocalyptic, but I've learned to love it. Took a while though. I'm sure Starfield will bring something new to the table I love as much as those other games. I suspect VASCO the robot will be the key to some of that. I hope he offers access to a VATS like system in Starfield. That feature is way too badass to just not have in Starfield, and I hope it's in.

Laptop1991

Top one, TES - Fallout - Starfield, to be fair, i haven't played Starfield yet like everyone else, 3 Fallouts and 4 TES games, and i played Skyrim the most, so TES wins.

Top Bottom