• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Randy Pitchford could be stepping down from CEO of gearbox

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
He did lead Gearbox down a path of success. I don't know what to make of some of the stories I heard about him. I have a feeling he's getting out of gaming as it seems many in the industry dislike him as a person.

He's always been pretty open on Twitter - the only major gaming exec I can recall who not only responded to me several times but even followed me back (for like a month).

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
medieval times fun GIF by visitorlando

nani17

are in a big trouble
holy shit.

He hasn't been having a good time in the media the last couple of years. Wondering if it's to do with that or something else. If not all the best of him. I would love another Brother In Arms

Last edited:

gamer82

still boycotting since the colonial marines incident., now do a ps5 and xbox sx remaster and I might think differently lol

I will only be watching the movie as my scream queen will be in it . I hope it's not trash for her sake.

He's not going anywhere. Randy is just putting someone else "in charge" of games so that when they do another Colonial Marines-style corporate heist or when Borderlands 4 is even worse than 3 (almost guaranteed) people don't photoshop Randy sucking giant cocks again.

Reactions: Fuz

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I see the sentiment is fairly universal. They don’t need him to make more border lands.

He and I had a Twitter exchange one time about his schilling of the Alien game and the false demo vs the final product, I won the exchange and some gaming sites wrote an article about it. But I riled him up. He didn’t block me though.

Guilty_AI

Borderlands TV show I believe?

and for the question ''why'' , I don't fucking know, how weird right?
thats gonna be so dumb, but unleashing this thing into humanity is worth it if it takes pitchford out of the gaming division. Now he's hollywood's problem

Ceadeus

Gold Member
thats gonna be so dumb, but unleashing this thing into humanity is worth it if it takes pitchford out of the gaming division. Now he's hollywood's problem
Kevin Hart has a role in the serie lol.

Yeah Pitchford is better off gone

JonSnowball

Borderlands TV show I believe?

and for the question ''why'' , I don't fucking know, how weird right?
It's a feature film directed by Eli Roth.

Does this mean we could get the Duke Forever 2001 build now?
No. You'll have to be content with low quality video and screenshot leaks once every several months, even though Randy has repeatedly promised to get it released since 2017 - he's completely full of shit. He promised to release it several times, going as far as to say they secured a license from Take-Two (who own the Forever publishing rights) to allow it to happen back in 2018, then in 2019 said it'd be like digging into the belongings of someone who died so it'll never happen or it'll happen when everyone involved has died, then he flipped again in 2020 and said the head of publishing was concerned about the Duke3D expansions "sexist and racist" content, and the Duke Forever content was "too hard to work with" so they gave up.

imGBDVH.gif

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Chris Roberts left Origin to go make the Wing Commander movie and then do tv, when he returned to games we got Star Citizen promises. Maybe that is what Randy will do.

The Alien

Banned
Not really surprised...probably required as part of the Embracer group acquisition. Supposedly Microsoft wanted to acquire Gearbox but felt Pitchford was too much of a corporate liability (both financial and public image).

Top Bottom