• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

Lunarorbit

The actors from the Blair witch project want more money from a 25 year old non union job that took a week to film, in which they were given an ownership stake in the film.

They all sold their stakes for $300,000.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
p7FTaoG.jpeg

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Last year I moved to a place a short drive from a comic shop. I decided to start a small pull list, and picked up some limited series else-worlds tales of Batman (City of Madness, Dark Age, and First Knight).

Comic art is a lot better than when I used to read them back in the day, the writing is more sophisticated and there's a ton more words / dialog per page. Unfortunately, they're all $4.99 a pop for standard sized comics, and $6.99 for the magazine-sized ones with more than 26-or-so pages. Digging it though. I don't have much time to devote to reading them so my pull list is only seven or eight comics. I think I like the new Ultimate Spider-Man the most.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Where I was around 4/5 years old I lived nearby a sigaret/cigar + magazines and comics shop. I can almost remember the smell of paper and tobacco (nostalgia hitting me hard now). Anyways, every week my mom gave me some change to buy the Ghostbusters comic (was a HUGE fan) over there.. Man... Great times.

Thank for reminding me BadBurger BadBurger

Con-Z-epT Con-Z-epT it was the house directly next to where we ate fwiw ;-)

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I found out why I was getting poor performance in Fallout 76 on PC: it runs like crap in windowless border mode. I switched to fullscreen and can run it at max settings, 1440p, and never drop below 73 FPS while out in the world or in an instance playing. huzzah
PC master race, indeed.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I'm about to eat a bacon-avocado BLT.
I'll post later with my impressions.
Going in to this particular deli, I liked the idea of this sandwich. The real thing was not what I expected. Very little avocado on it, bacon was hard to chew ( maybe it should be heated ) and greens fell out. The tomatoes were sliced too thinly and NOT seasoned. The bread seemed decent at first, but it ended up being on the chewy side. The herb mayo was bangin', but there wasn't enough to cover the entire sandwich...

5e5fe566df68c.image.jpg

The only decent part of the meal was the potato salad, which tasted fresh and flavorful.

The cheesecake was ass, though. It was like they barely popped it out of the freezer or something.

Overall, it was a weak-ass sandwich. I'd give it a 4/10.
Definitely not worth the $16 total price.

Damn, you'd think with rising food prices, establishments would start to step their game up.
But no, it's mostly garbage food almost everywhere charging sky-high prices! :D

G60s.gif

These assholes even charged me a service fee for ordering online pick-up. What in the actual fuck?

Last edited:

badblue

Going in to this particular deli, I liked the idea of this sandwich. The real thing was not what I expected. Very little avocado on it, bacon was hard to chew ( maybe it should be heated ) and greens fell out. The tomatoes were sliced too thinly and NOT seasoned. The bread seemed decent at first, but it ended up being on the chewy side. The herb mayo was bangin', but there wasn't enough to cover the entire sandwich...
First place my mind goes reading that:

Top Bottom