• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege free DLC (Operation: Black Ice) out today

wamberz1

She needs to be able to mark the electronics and traps she spots.
Maybe up to 3 permanent marks.
Shed be way more useful.
Or perhaps remote detonate an enemy c4 or two.

But yeah i love her weapons so I use her.

Or maybe like a emp gun sidearm that shoots through walls or something. Right now her ability just isn`t great.

Someone quick!
Make a patchnote/vince mcmahon react split gif.
This patch is too good.
Quick and dirty
poiR6o7lg

IQ definitely should be able to mark equipmemt permanently for her team

But the only way she'll be useful is if kapkan traps gets a buff by removing the anchor. Everyone can see kapkan traps, so iq has no use.

Nitro cell used to be placed at chokepoints, but were too loud. Now they reduced the beeping sound so we may see more players try to use c4 at chokepoints. This makes iq useful too.

Twitch drone pretty much does iq's job better

She finds and destroys electronics with incredible mobility

SFenton

Is Siege beginner-friendly? i.e. I'll be able to grow into a good player, rather than just frustrate my teammates?

Kalentan

Actually IQ has a really powerful ability not many players know about, mainly cause she doesn't have the grenade to make it happen. Her camera thing can see CLEARLY through smoke. Meaning, if you got a team that can lay down smoke, IQ can run through it and clearly see where the enemies are and easily kill them.

bear is fucking beast. i keep calling buck bear for some reason. love blasting a giant hole in a wall and then blasting several smaller holes into you

etta

my hard graphic balls
I'm seriously considering getting this right now, but I assume it's best when you have friends to play with?
I've had a lot of fun solo, but yes, friends is always better. The difference is not much larger, though. Like CS GO. Plenty of nice people to meet.

KodaRuss

Is Siege beginner-friendly? i.e. I'll be able to grow into a good player, rather than just frustrate my teammates?

Not really. You will get crushed a lot in the beginning and get lucky a few times. Follow your teammates and you will be fine though.

the game has a decent amount of depth to it so no, not exactly, but the community is generally receptive to beginners, you'll fuck up lots, we all have.

in mp, if you're defending -

* ask your teammates what to do for the first few matches until you get acclimated. where to place walls and barricades, how to make use of your operator, etc.
* ALWAYS GRAB YOUR FUCKING ARMOR if there's a rook on your team. if there's a rook and no armor, annoy the hell out of the rook until he drops the shit.
* don't use explosives near the hostage... you'll learn this one from experience lmao
* don't be afraid to not camp the objective, sometimes you've just gotta go rambo
* there are some operators who aren't exactly essential but who can change the game for an entire team - a properly utilized mute can keep the opponent from finding out where your bomb or hostage is, rook can increase the survivability of your entire team, kapkan can score your team free kills, and so on and so forth. i always pick rook if nobody else on my team is rocking him, he makes a hell of a difference.

if you're attacking -

* try to bring your drone to places your teammates aren't going with theirs
* call out enemy locations and call out where you think the bomb/hostage is, don't be afraid to get aggressive with this, make sure your teammates are listening
* always look out for these flower looking pieces of machine sticking out of blocked doorways or windows, that's insta-kill traps
* call out your movements and strategies, and especially your wall-breaches
* lrn2lean

and of course, learning the maps in this game is of vast importance. you wanna learn them shits inside and out, which locations are the most viable for defense, and how to properly breach well fortified locations when you're attacking. just watch a youtube primer or two and you should be good. this game forces you to put enough time into casual matchmaking before you move on to ranked that by the time you're playing ranked you'll know the game inside and out.

one last thing, you don't need every single operator, your renown is better spent improving the ones you genuinely enjoy playing as.

i can run you through some multiplayer games sometime if you want, shoot me a pm if you're on pc and you give a shit. hell, that applies to anyone here who just wants someone to play with, i always add good players who speak and i always try to party up before i matchmake alone.

free tip courtesy of reddit for all pc players - skip those annoying intro videos you've seen a billion times

Tired of taking ages to boot the game? Bugged lobbies mean you have to watch the stitching video over and over again? Those damned, non skippable logos?

Head over to:

Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Rainbow Six Siege - Open Beta\videos

and rename:

'startup' folder to anything else, e.g. 'startupOLD'

rainbow_6_intro_playgo.bik to 'rainbow_6_intro_playgo.old'

It won't cause uplay launcher to freak out and redownload anything, and it seems to disable nearly all the intros, except for the beta warning, and the non-prerendered epilepsy/copyright notices.

Enjoy!

Klyka

Banned

You will definitely grow in this game, especially if you play regularly, communicate with people and maybe watch a video or two.
Also playing the situations will actually help you quite a bit.

You will however also get utterly crushed in multiplayer, but that is just normal and happens to everyone. You'll quickly understand what works well and what doesn't and then it get's better and better.

Just got a chance to read these patch notes finally - damn, that's... pretty much everything I was hoping for, especially the load screen information.

Klyka

Banned
I love how the new patch changed all the menu music and a large part of the menu backgrounds (as well as the title screen) to Black Ice related content.

Like, all the menu music was remixed to have an "icy" theme going on for example.

man those traps are incredibly easy to miss if you dont pay close attention especially when under barbed wire or broken wood paneling.

I put a trap in an empty doorway and then put a barricade above it and tear it down two times, so there is a nice pile of wood on my trap :D

etta

my hard graphic balls
I love how the new patch changed all the menu music and a large part of the menu backgrounds (as well as the title screen) to Black Ice related content.

Like, all the menu music was remixed to have an "icy" theme going on for example.

Imagine when (what I hope are) Iraq US operators come out :D

k2ZHYiM.jpg

Modern Warfare 1 Baghdad vibes HNGGGG

Bear Trap is pretty much game over if you're the last guy and get trapped. I actually don't like that. I would have preferred it if we could get out of the trap ourselves by holding square. It overshadows Kapkan's ability IMO.

I've also seen a gif where jumping from a window and onto a trap becomes an insta-kill, which I assume is a bug.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
New map looks awesome, and the trap sounds great as well. The attacker fella is boring, but I'll take it.

Miker

The new map is complicated as hell. Then again, I still get lost in Kanal, so maybe I'm not one to talk.

Maulik

As always, if anyone hasn't already, join the PS4 neogaf message thread so we can find each other and form squads. The more the merrier.

Top Bottom