• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege free DLC (Operation: Black Ice) out today

and then like five instances in a row of waiting for 5 minutes to matchmake only to get the (0x000000000000000000000000060) error

i wish i could get a refund. i really love the gameplay but there's so much getting in the way of me just booting this fucking thing up and having a good experience with it that i'm just done

What region are you in? I'm in eastern us (you can check your server and ping in-game) and I find matches in like 20 seconds. At least in Casual. Ranked I was playing with a full squad of GAF people so it's not a good metric but casual queueing is very fast.

joecanada

Looks like some good patch notes. Unfortunately the servers for this game are about on par with cod... If you can handle the inconsistencies it's fun.

Look forward to trying post patch

thenameDS

Tons of changes. I like the spawn selection changes. One thing they didn't mention in the notes though - I'm pretty sure sledge now swings his hammer faster.

Yes, the hammer swing is much faster now. I love playing sledge and this makes him much more useable as the hammer swing seemed to take away too long before.

Not really. From Ubi:

I have a Season Pass but also have close to 50k renown saved up. Bought at launch and play pretty regularly, though not every day.

They also literally just gave us a 50% extra renown weekend to help players catch up, this past weekend.

Uh.... yeah that's too much. The calculation only works supposing the players are going to play the game very regularly and constantly for a full year. Fuck that.

Uh.... yeah that's too much. The calculation only works supposing the players are going to play the game very regularly and constantly for a full year. Fuck that.

DLC like this doesn't split the community, that's the most important thing IMO. The game will still be great even if you are missing a couple of operators.

I'm sorry you are mad.

That's your choice, I guess. It's not like you even *need* all of the Operators to do well in the game. As for playing a full year, I think the idea is that the content drops encourage you to continue playing throughout the year, yes?

Playing around 4 hours a week is enough to get you all the Operators by the time they release. Considering the game is $40 (and has been for a few weeks now, it seems), you could also buy the Operators directly (and come in well below $60 total) or get the Season Pass.

You have options, some for players who consistently play, others for players who'd rather spend the money.

EDIT: The 25k/25 hours info has been out for months now, as well. A few people I played with stopped spending renown on Operators in December and they had already had 20k+ saved by Christmas. You can be extremely successful in this game with a handful of core Operators.

Clydebink

Neo Member
Those of you who don't earn renown very quickly and don't plan on buying the season-pass might want to consider saving up for the April operators instead, unless something about these two is particularly attractive to you.

Also worth mentioning, I've found that paying attention to the daily-challenges and focusung on them is not only a good way to earn bonus renown, but also a good way to play more of the game than I would otherwise.

Klyka

Banned
I would like to point out to people that none of the operators are REQUIRED.

Like,you will not be less competitive because you did not unlock that one operator.
Also, maybe some of those operators don't even have abilities or looks that you like, so you won't even worry about unlocking them as quickly as possible.

A friend of mine has played for 50 hours now and still hasn't unlocked 4 operators cause he just doesn't like them and will never choose them.

It's kinda like LoL champions in a way.

So don't fret over renown, just play the game, enjoy it's fantastic teamplay with friends/GAFfers and the renown will eventually be enough so you can get whoever you want!

arimanius

We've known that the new operators were going to be 25K for awhile now. Renown is easy to get in this game so I don't know why all the shock.

On a side note I haven't been able to play for awhile. Looking forward to jumping back in and trying the new map.

I might get this. Problem is none of my friends have it, how easy is it to find a decent group to play with? I find trying to play objective based games, most people treat it as TDM and ignore the objective.

I might get this. Problem is none of my friends have it, how easy is it to find a decent group to play with? I find trying to play objective based games, most people treat it as TDM and ignore the objective.

You'll get a mix. I've made a lot of "friends" in public/casual matches. Sometimes you get put into a group with 3-4 mics and playing is like butter; other times, you'll be the one frustrated dude with a mic.

Lots of PS4 players, but I play X1, and I think we have a number of PC players, too.

RobNBanks

Banned

at least on PC, people generally will try to do the objective. The problem lies in trying to do the objective all on their own.

oh. and quitting/disconnecting is a huge issue for me. I play all my games 4v5 in a best case scenario.

Clydebink

Neo Member

I play regularly on on PC (East Coast). In casual matches, if I start talking about things relevant to the game, two other people on the team will start doing the same far more often than not. If you can keep talking without getting any feedback for the first two rounds, you will likely encourage folks to turn on their mic and play together. It's contagious.

Yeah, that's pretty sheisty if it's not a bug.

EDIT: Now I'm reading it's only a nerf to Lone Wolf T-Hunt? Is that true?

That would be weird because Lone Wolf T-Hunt renown sucked (renown per minute) when I did it. Was mildly surprised at no achievement for winning a Lone Wolf round, too.

Clydebink

Neo Member
... and regarding talking with your team: I've found that I get much better team-play if I announce what I am planning to do (where I am breaching, where I have found enemies, where I was shot from) rather than what other players should do. Yelling "He's RIGHT THERE!!" distracts my teammates in an essential moment rather than helping them win.

... and regarding talking with your team: I've found that I get much better team-play if I announce what I am planning to do (where I am breaching, where I have found enemies, where I was shot from) rather than what other players should do. Yelling "He's RIGHT THERE!!" distracts my teammates in an essential moment rather than helping them win.

Yup--if I have a party, I always make them switch to game chat, just so the other team can at least hear our plans and callouts.

I love the new Attacker, Buck and his shotgun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDkOA5rj4CA

Cheeky mofo. Buck looks like fun!

E-flux

Has anybody played the Yacht yet? Me and my friends all tried to get into that map but none of us had any luck even when we used the map preferences.

M_A_C

Has anybody played the Yacht yet? Me and my friends all tried to get into that map but none of us had any luck even when we used the map preferences.

I wish they would let you vote on maps or something. I get sick of the same ones all the time.

Valkrai

All these fixes and there's still no goddamn reconnect to match button.

I love being prohibited from playing this game for 15 minutes because the game crashed on me, and I LOOOOOOVE not being able to just join back in like in every other 5v5 competitive game of this sort ever released

Ranked: Players leaving for any reason except a network disconnection receive no warning and are automatically banned for 2 minutes – FIXED
PC, Ranked: Players leaving match using F10 don’t receive reconnect message – FIXED
PC, Ranked: Players leaving match using ALT+F4 don’t receive reconnect message - FIXED

A placeholder appears on the prompt with the abandoned match message after quitting a Ranked game – FIXED

You mean this?

E-flux

I wish they would let you vote on maps or something. I get sick of the same ones all the time.

Yeah, me and 3 others we all had only the Yacht selected in matchmaking preferences and we played for two hours without it coming up.

M_A_C

I'm glad they don't. I don't want this to be every other mp game where people just play 3 maps.

Seems that way anyways. I was so excited to get house last night. Hadn't seen it in forever. To be honest, I didn't know there was a preference setting for it tho, I need to check that out.

Those graphics look gorgeous.

This is actually the first map in the game that's made me think this.

I don't think the game is ugly, but it is pretty "plain" as that's a part of the aesthetic. A lot of really drab maps don't help, either. There is a certain beauty to it all in-game, though.

KodaRuss

Pretty sweet DLC. I hope they add the Article 5 map soon. I love the bear trap animation and after initially thinking Buck was going to be kinda bad I have changed my mind.

If anyone is on the fence about this game, get it, it is fantastic. There is not a more satisfying, addictive or tense MP game out there right now.

EDIT: Looks like Flashbangs are going to be the new meta I bet.

Arizato

Got this game 2 days ago and I am about to start playing it. But am I really reading the stuff about the Season Pass right? You only get access to those operators a week in advance? You don't have to buy them for real money when they are available to everyone?

Good now my IQ can be great with flashes , good guns, still shit ability tho

She needs to be able to mark the electronics and traps she spots.
Maybe up to 3 permanent marks.
Shed be way more useful.
Or perhaps remote detonate an enemy c4 or two.

But yeah i love her weapons so I use her.

If I'm not mistaken, nitro cell should be harder to hear now

If more people start placing nitro cell at chokepoints, iq could be useful.

Its either that, or buffing kapkan's e.d.d to be harder to spot.

Otherwise, she's at best a pulse counter

Tugatrix

If I'm not mistaken, nitro cell should be harder to hear now

If more people start placing nitro cell at chokepoints, iq could be useful.

Its either that, or buffing kapkan's e.d.d to be harder to spot.

Otherwise, she's at best a pulse counter

Already is with the glitch they didn't correct

now kapkan is useful

Hatchtag

Banned
She needs to be able to mark the electronics and traps she spots.
Maybe up to 3 permanent marks.
Shed be way more useful.
Or perhaps remote detonate an enemy c4 or two.

But yeah i love her weapons so I use her.

Honestly, the only electronics that she even needs to call out are C4s and Jaeger-traps. And there aren't many situations where calling out those is particularly useful. Not enough to warrant an ability.

Maybe have it so she can also view the enemy team's cameras? She needs something, because aside from relatively rare situations, her ability's basically only useful as a tutorial while you're learning the game.

Top Bottom