• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege free DLC (Operation: Black Ice) out today

Neverism

Bosskey Productions
Aren't the new operators like 25,000 renown each?

That's fucking insane. Way too expensive.

I have over 100k renown just from nightly sessions.

This is also after purchasing every Operator and fitting their loadouts with accessories. I also bought a weapon skin for the hell of it!

It's not that bad ;)

wamberz1

Damn that new map looks sick

Also do we know specifically how frost's ability works? can the downed person escape the trap? do they need help from an ally?

Smidget

Awesome. I love this game so much.

The only sad thing is the total number of maps in the pipeline. I always want more maps!!!!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
reposting from the OT:

on PS4 (and xbone i guess), theres a new v sync option under the video tab.

disabling it makes situations and terrorist hunt feel like 60fps (but with screen tearing).

feels a whole lot better than 30fps thats for sure.

Might be tempted to jump in now on XB1 with this along with the other pieces.

Stat!

Looking forward to the skins as well! Can't wait. Glad they are updating. They just need to fix the kapkan bs

Yea, situations definitely aren't 60 FPS consistent (or remotely) on PS4. If I had to guess, they hover mostly around 45-50 FPS. But it feels a hell of a lot better then 30 locked, that's for sure.

I actually find it playable now.

Razyl

Also do we know specifically how frost's ability works? can the downed person escape the trap? do they need help from an ally?

As far as I know:

One Trap + more than 50 HP: you are down and need help from a ally

One Trap + less than 50 HP: you are killed

I'm actually a little worried it might be OP--we'll have to see how it plays out:

So bear trap:

-downs you

-CAN kill you if your low on health

-immobilizes you, so you CANNOT move while downed. Meaning it lures teammates to you

-you cannot slow down bleeding

-can be placed anywhere on the map, and under barbed wire

-invulnerable to emps and potentially twitch drone

RobNBanks

Banned

They need help

also apparently theres no notification and the round will go on until that person bleeds out if they're the last one alive. or maybe there are notifications and the enemy team was just trolling us, idk

Clydebink

Neo Member
Sounds like the threat of a trap being in there could make all barbed-wire seem like something you shouldn't walk through.

What are the new Operators like? Can't watch the trailer.

Frost has a bear trap (see a few posts above for details), a WWII SMG, and a shotgun.

Buck has rifles (M16 and a semi-auto FAL, I think) with Master Key shotgun attachments.

Full body pics:

yL1ospn.png
HnV2FGo.png

wamberz1

As far as I know:

One Trap + more than 50 HP: you are down and need help from a ally

One Trap + less than 50 HP: you are killed

I'm actually a little worried it might be OP--we'll have to see how it plays out:

They need help

also apparently theres no notification and the round will go on until that person bleeds out if they're the last one alive. or maybe there are notifications and the enemy team was just trolling us, idk
Thanks. Hopefully it's really easy to see because that sound ridiculous lol. Canadians don't fuck around. I mean:

-immobilizes you, so you CANNOT move while downed. Meaning it lures teammates to you
This sound like a tactic a predator would employ

If you enjoy multiplayer shooters get this game. Especially since it's 40 bucks right now. I bought it on a whim and it's a blast, even with randoms but there's tons of GAFers to play with too. Can't recommend it enough.

impact

Banned
If you enjoy multiplayer shooters get this game. Especially since it's 40 bucks right now. I bought it on a whim and it's a blast, even with randoms but there's tons of GAFers to play with too. Can't recommend it enough.

Not cheap enough for a PC game. The beta really spoiled me on spending over $10 for it

chris121580

This is so awesome! Downloading now. Perfect timing after the beta ending for The Division to dig back into this game

hollerphonix

Neo Member
This makes me a little bummed that I can't afford the season pass atm plus In Canada you're looking at $40 for it. Meanwhile I just keep staring at frost wanting to lay bear traps everywhere and laugh

majik13

"Added map and mode name display during loading and planning phase screens"

THANK YOU!! Myself and my team would always miss this info for the second or 2 itd be up.

And Jake Gyllenhal's special is his gun switches to shotgun?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So whats the best version to get digitally? Gold Edition? Any spread sheets to compare what has what.

thenameDS

Awesome update and added some stuff I really wanted too see. For example the game mode on the character choosing screen.

Didn't think I was going to enjoy this that much, but I've played almost every night since I bought it.

The amount of times I've had to ask "What mode is this?" This is great.

25k per operator is still too much. I think I spent too much time playing Ranked or something because I've played almost every night from release and am still way off 50k to afford them both.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Oh that's ok, only 160 hours to unlock the 8 operators when they get added. I thought it would be something crazy!

If you want a silly reason to be mad, I guess you found one.

The amount of times I've had to ask "What mode is this?" This is great.

25k per operator is still too much. I think I spent too much time playing Ranked or something because I've played almost every night from release and am still way off 50k to afford them both.
I find this hard to believe. I've played more or less every night since release with a week break over the holiday, bought a ton of skins, all the operator and attatchments and still have 60k. I'm no star player either.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
You think 20-30 hours per operator is a reasonable amount of time?
Spend $5 to unlock them and save your time then. You get renown from everything in the game. You literally get renown from watching videos(that you don't even have to finish). You're swimming in it. I have enough for both operators and some weapon skins on top. It's not like all 8 operators are released at the same time anyways. If you aren't playing enough to earn the credits then this game probably isn't for you anyways and your looking for a reason to be mad about it.

That's really strange--Ranked actually gives more renown than Casual and the matches typically last a lot longer, giving you more renown overall.

I got back from vacation in early Jan and saw that my roomie blew all my renown--only had 2000. About 2.5 weeks later, I had over 25k. I think I have over 50k now but I haven't played much at all these past two weeks.

Individual spawn location selection for Attackers (Ranked, Custom Games setting)
In Ranked (and as a Custom Game setting), each Attacker can now select their own spawning location instead of having to vote as a group. This will give more tactical flexibility on approaching the building and will also greatly reduce the amount of instances in which Attackers get picked off as a group by the Defenders right as the Action phase begins (team spawn killing).

i like this. i like this a lot.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
25k for a new operator? what the hell

It's clearly set at a price that makes people want to purchase them with real money, while also giving them the ability to say everything added will be free to everyone.

Top Bottom