• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Quarantine could be a ‘sequel’ to Outbreak using the r6s engine.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A new game built in the Rainbow Six Siege engine is set to be revealed by Ubisoft at E3 next week. Speaking on the Kotaku Splitscreen podcast, reporter Jason Schreier says that the new game, which may be called Rainbow Six Quarantine, will be unveiled in the next couple of days.

The game is reportedly the latest incarnation of Pioneer, the space game first teased as an easter egg in a side mission of Watch Dogs 2. While it was initially a non-violent game based on space exploration, development has been rebooted several times since it began in 2013, and earlier this year, Schreier reported that it’s now a “coop multiplayer alien shooter that uses some of Pioneer’s old features.”

Following up on information from the podcast (Schreier’s discsussion of the new title begins around the one-hour mark), confirmation of the game and its title appeared on Twitter. Schreier responded to well-known personality Nibel’s statement that “Rainbow Six quarantine is a co-op PvE shooter” simply by saying “yup.”

It’s worth noting that Rainbow Six Siege’s PvE event, Outbreak, could be linked quite closely to this new game. The event, which took place last year, saw the game’s operators facing off against monsters that had spawned after being contaminated by a virus that had fallen from space. I’m just spit-balling here, but a follow-up in which characters head to space to fight the source of the outbreak is a possibility, at the very least.

Beyond that, details are pretty scarce, but Schreier says that “we will absolutely, for sure,” see the game at E3, “because I think it’s supposed to come out in this fiscal year.” That would mean Quarantine will release by the end of March 2020, making it the third and final of the three triple-A titles Ubisoft has scheduled to release by that point.

jigglet

Banned
As someone who has probably about 4k hours in Siege game across PS4, Xbox and PC, I have zero interest in this game.

People have rose tinted glasses - Outbreak's match making was close to comatose within a few weeks, no one wanted to play that shit. I would struggle to find a game the few times I could muster enough energy to search. It was only well know because it was the very first limited time event in Siege so it got a lot of attention, otherwise it would just be another LTE that came and went. Rose. Tined. Glasses. Match making times do not lie. I don't expect this to do as well as people think.

As someone who has probably about 4k hours in Siege game across PS4, Xbox and PC, I have zero interest in this game.

People have rose tinted glasses - Outbreak's match making was close to comatose within a few weeks, no one wanted to play that shit. I would struggle to find a game the few times I could muster enough energy to search. It was only well know because it was the very first limited time event in Siege so it got a lot of attention, otherwise it would just be another LTE that came and went. Rose. Tined. Glasses. Match making times do not lie. I don't expect this to do as well as people think.
When I play with Kapkan, I booby trap two adjacent doors. I call that "The Boobies Trap" since boobs are adjacent to each other.

supernova8

Banned

You seem like somewhat of an expert then, why the hell is nobody playing Terrorist Hunt? I don't really care for the PvP stuff but I really loved the TH stuff. Bought the game specifically for TH only to find that almost nobody is playing that mode. Matchmaking almost always ends up with no players found. Or the players who do join are so good at the game that I have no chance to kill anyone.

Boring. Waste of money.

jigglet

Banned
You seem like somewhat of an expert then, why the hell is nobody playing Terrorist Hunt? I don't really care for the PvP stuff but I really loved the TH stuff. Bought the game specifically for TH only to find that almost nobody is playing that mode. Matchmaking almost always ends up with no players found. Or the players who do join are so good at the game that I have no chance to kill anyone.

Boring. Waste of money.

People use it to warm up, and when they do they will start a solo game so you won't find anyone. It also doesn't help that it's 30fps on console, or uncapped with no vsync. Yuck.

People love the Siege lore, the characters, the backstories. The CG short movies they release every few months are very well received. It makes sense for them to flesh it out with a realistic PvE game...except they decided to give us aliens and monsters. As I said, Ubi misread the tea leaves...Outbreak only got a lot of press cause it was the first LTE, and they've incorrectly associated this with some sort of latent demand for aliens. No one wants it. The game people want isn't the one being made.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
People use it to warm up, and when they do they will start a solo game so you won't find anyone. It also doesn't help that it's 30fps on console, or uncapped with no vsync. Yuck.

People love the Siege lore, the characters, the backstories. The CG short movies they release every few months are very well received. It makes sense for them to flesh it out with a realistic PvE game...except they decided to give us aliens and monsters. As I said, Ubi misread the tea leaves...Outbreak only got a lot of press cause it was the first LTE, and they've incorrectly associated this with some sort of latent demand for aliens. No one wants it. The game people want isn't the one being made.

Yeah that sort of makes sense. I had it on PS4 back when it first came out and it was actually great (despite the shitty framerate) but now (on PC) it just all feels so e-sportsy.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
giibwkypwim51.png

December 18th is what it says btw (for anyone not wanting to click the link).

Let's see if it is true and how the game will be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom